158 Pages « < 145 146 147 148 149 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post Jul 25 2022, 10:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Jul 25 2022, 07:58 PM)
are @bmz and @farezekati working for astro?
they have internal competition between themselves?
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jul 25 2022, 10:33 PM)
Lolz...
Fighting over logo 😁
Now over public forum...
Please do deal internally...
Later both get love letter from management 😜

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
joshhd
post Jul 26 2022, 12:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

https://soyacincau.com/2022/07/22/measat-3d...ead-of-schedule
Since they've announced that Measat 3d satellite has entered commercial service yesterday, I didn't expect that Astro will start doing testing and migration as fast as today LOL sweat.gif

It is believed that Astro is very likely (if not, then definitely) have started to migrate some of its channels from Measat 3b to the new Measat 3d, and it starts today (25 July 2022).
I use my universal satellite TV receiver to do blind scan, and here's my findings:

Satellite signals is now "a bit" higher than before?
Not all transponders ya... Only a selected transponder frequencies has a little bit higher signal now, around like CNR 1dB increase? On our Astro box's end, you might or might not notice a few % increase of satellite Strength reading at STB Diagnostics page.
As I check on my own satellite signal meter device, previously some of the transponder's CNR readings is around 18dB, now I see a slight increase from 18.8dB to as high as CNR 19.6dB in some transponders.
For the record, I'm using the usual Astro 65cm dish just like everybody else. It's just "a little bit" improvement only, but you'll still lose satellite signal when it heavy rains anyway. So nothing much to talk here... smile.gif

"Missing" transponder frequencies, is now back?
Almost all of the frequency transponders that went "missing" since the Measat 3 satellite went dead last year, is now back on air, currently showing "colour bar with test tone", also some other "test" and "spare" channels.
Examples: 10982MHz, 11022MHz, 11062MHz, 11102MHz, 11142MHz,...

user posted image

user posted image

It appears to me that transponders that was used on Measat 3b before today (i.e. 10732MHz until 10932MHz) are the ones that has the slight increase of satellite signal now, so I assume those frequencies are now actually transmitted from Measat 3d satellite, and not from Measat 3b anymore? hmm.gif
And then, I notice that the signal readings from the now-revived transponders 10982MHz, 11022MHz, 11062MHz, 11102MHz, 11142MHz,... are very similar to Measat 3b's, which is around CNR 17-18dB. hmm.gif

Anyhow, there's no sure way for me to conclude whether a particular transponder is actually transmitting from either Measat 3b or Measat 3d satellite.
But one thing I am very certain is, Astro started to use the new Measat 3d satellite, and some changes in the transponders has been carried out, which affects its signal strength.
This is interesting (to me).... Will continue to observe in the coming days... biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Jul 26 2022, 01:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(vickno @ Jul 26 2022, 07:53 AM)
Question to this forum:
1) Is this normal guys?
2) What should I do now? As my money has been paid.
3) Worth reporting to MCMC?

There's a lousy feeling already before onboarding. Thanks guys in advance.

1. Is this normal, you ask? How does this even sound normal? 🤣
Based on what you explained, it seems to suggest that this may be the result of their not-so-well-planned automated/backend systems of their overall online sign up process, which as a result, poor customer experience.
2 & 3. Wait and see for couple of days. If still doesn't solve, then I think this is worthy to become a MCMC complaint.
QUOTE(vickno @ Jul 26 2022, 07:53 AM)
Edit: Called technical support again today, they informed that the application is suspended due to insufficient documents. I was advised to call telemarketing. I then called the telemarketing department and explained the entire situation. They checked and informed that the account I applied via astro's website has been suspended due to lack of documents attributing to a possible issue with the website. I was then assisted to apply over the phone and the Tele marketer claimed that many had issues applying for new account online and eventually assisted by telemarketer. So with them applying for me, I would get my satellite installed as early as this Saturday or next Monday.

Thanks guys!

This part... Insufficient documents? What documents are they asking from you? Isn't it supposed to be dealt with during sign up process, rather than "suspend" the application after the sign up process?

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 26 2022, 01:16 PM
joshhd
post Jul 26 2022, 01:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(Iptvfan @ Jul 26 2022, 10:55 AM)
Astro always like this as far as I read or some friend kena. Always be careful deal with astro. They dont tell u upfront many things. Personally i almost kena their rm99 promo coz they didnt say is only for 6mths when they launched it. Only soyacincau report inky they fix it. Very vulture and keji as soyacincau said it.

This is called marketing strategy + bait advertising biggrin.gif
So bad yet so effective. thumbup.gif

I think they've learnt their lesson now. Now almost wherever I see they promote this RM99.99 promo, it will mention "...for 6 months", including in radio commercials too. Previously don't have one... They mention "Terms apply" at the end of the commercial, as if expect you to go and search it for yourself.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 26 2022, 01:30 PM
joshhd
post Jul 26 2022, 01:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Jul 26 2022, 11:10 AM)
Thanks for the sharing,, waiting your bitrate hehe

As of now, there's nothing much to talk about bitrate. It's the same since last time.
If I still see they squeeze 14+ HD channels in one transponder (FEC 5/6), seriously there's nothing great to talk about picture quality anymore.

Technically since Measat 3d is now operational, hence more transponders available now, Astro should have the capacity to increase all video bitrate to improve HD picture quality, especially in low-light scenes and fast motion scenes. Seriously, it's just whether they want or not only.

Or, increase audio bitrate for Stereo HE-AAC tracks from 64kbps to 80kbps, like I previously mentioned. Just that slight increase will improve the audio quality further too.
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jul 26 2022, 12:06 PM)
Well...
If that the case...
Then okay... At least we can give some feedback...
Astro should engaged with the public... Not do whatever they wish & get backlash from the people 😁

Nah... Engage too much with the public, end up getting more backlash. They'll be like: "Keep quiet better."

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 26 2022, 01:27 PM
joshhd
post Jul 28 2022, 01:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(hazim96 @ Jul 27 2022, 12:14 AM)
user posted image

This appeared on channel 979

Hmmm... Yeah, I'm able to view that channel 979 too.
This colour bar with test tone channel has been there for quite a few days already... This channel appears hidden in EPG, but you can still tune to that channel by pressing the numbers on your remote control.

As checked, TEST11 channel is on higher freq transponder. Maybe they wanna use this to test whether your box is connected to a DCSS LNB or not (check whether can receive 11.7-12.75GHz range)? hmm.gif

Any Ulti Box or HD/PVR box users here? Are you able to view channel 979? Or what error message do you see when you tune to channel 979?
QUOTE(BMZ @ Jul 27 2022, 06:58 PM)
user posted image

Apparently, Astro opens free channels only with a "test card". But if you scan and get those channels, there is NJOI channel, which there's 7 channels there. There are two HD channels that are "test cards" and Astro Best HD is still a black screen.

I really hope that they can start segregate the existing HD channels on existing transponders to the new ones, rather than squeezing 14+ HD channels in one transponder since Measat 3 satellite died last year. The goal is to achieve better quality HD picture with almost no compression artifacts, or increase audio bitrate for Stereo tracks to at least 80kbps HE-AAC.

Right now, they have more (if not, then it's much more) satellite transponder bandwidth already, so it shouldn't be an excuse anymore.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 28 2022, 01:33 PM
joshhd
post Jul 29 2022, 12:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

Close monitor on the HD picture quality for these channels from now until 10 Aug 2022
*may not be applicable for Plug & Play users.

I urge everyone here to keep a close watch on the HD picture quality for these channels listed below:

100 - Oppa Mania (ends 31 July)
101 - TV1
108 - Astro Citra
116 - Colors
310 - TVB Jade
611 - Astro Ceria
704 - PrimeTime
712 - Warner TV
716 - DMAX
717 - BBC Lifestyle
800 - eGG Network
801 - Astro Arena
821 - WWE Network
823 - Premier Sports

102 - TV2
107 - Astro Warna
305 - TVB Classic
306 - Astro AEC
307 - Astro Shuang Xing
404 - Boo
414 - HBO Family
416 - tvN Movies
501 - Astro Awani
554 - BBC Earth
612 - TA-DAA!
703 - Lifetime
802 - Astro Arena 2

825, 826, 827, 828 - Astro SuperSport - Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games

From now (29 July 2022) until 10th August 2022, if any of the channels listed above, where you notice its HD picture quality were somehow degraded; become poorer than before; video compression artifacts becomes more obvious, I urge you guys to report to the customer service right away. Or you can highlight it here also.

Feel free to stand close to your TV screen and monitor the picture quality. Don't worry, it won't spoil your eyesight like what your parents told you since small. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 29 2022, 12:06 AM
joshhd
post Jul 29 2022, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jul 29 2022, 12:52 AM)
Because of the new Measat???  joshhd

Nope, not related to Measat 3d.
I "suspect" they might be "experimenting something", as in test whether will have customer call in to complain on picture quality that became worse on those channels that I listed... Just continue to monitor until Commonwealth Games channels 825-828 ceases, especially during:

- fast motion scenes
- low light/dark scene
- pay close attention to picture details like grass, trees, facial pores... If that somehow looks like "water colour art painting", then that's bad picture quality.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 29 2022, 01:51 PM
joshhd
post Jul 29 2022, 01:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Jul 29 2022, 01:44 PM)
Already 1-year lo, these things happened, since I subscribe. hmmm

For this time, temporary put more attention to those channels first, see whether does it get worse than before or not.

If got, don't hesitate to report to the customer service.

Note: Sharpness setting on TV, do set it to zero (0) so that picture quality would look naturally sharp rather than "oversharped".
joshhd
post Jul 29 2022, 09:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

CWG2 - CH 826
(L) Triathlon

Before I comment further, what do you guys think about the picture quality on CH 826 right now (29-7-22 9pm)? Look at the swimmers swimming across the lake scene, and then cycling followed by running.

Watch it via satellite please, not Plug & Play or Astro Go.
joshhd
post Jul 30 2022, 03:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 29 2022, 11:32 PM)
Thank you again for the lengthy explanation. Anyway, I'm scraping the idea to move the another decoder to my parents house, so that is not a consideration anymore. Here's the current situation, and I really hope you can advise:

1- My house now is on legacy Superpack 1, PVR box. I wanted to upgrade to Ultrabox to enjoy the UHD for EPL. CS said okay can but who knows if UHD is not available for this apartment that I'm staying.
2- Is there a way to verify if the centralized dish supports UHD myself without talking to the building management? I can see the settings now is DCSS. I uploaded few more pictures for your reference.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

My house now is on legacy Superpack 1, PVR box. I wanted to upgrade to Ultrabox to enjoy the UHD for EPL. CS said okay can but
To upgrade to Ultra Box, you'll need to switch to the new Astro packs first. Officially, they don't allow legacy pack customers to upgrade box anymore. Almost everything you need to know the difference between legacy vs new packs, are all here: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...#entry102870411

However, conditional exceptions may apply, such as change box due to box faulty, or maybe Astro is just desperate for PVR box users to surrender their PVR box for some reasons.

And uhm, existing PVR box user that wants to upgrade to Ultra Box? Here's another lengthy yet quite important thing that you need to know too: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=100498320

who knows if UHD is not available for this apartment that I'm staying.
2- Is there a way to verify if the centralized dish supports UHD myself without talking to the building management? I can see the settings now is DCSS. I uploaded few more pictures for your reference.

Thank you for sharing these photos. Now that you remind me, I just remembered a new "shortcut" way on how to identify whether your building's centralised dish system supports DCSS or not, without asking with the building management.

Since your PVR box's LNB Source setting is set to DCSS, and a satellite cable splitter is used, here's an easy way to double confirm whether you'll be able to receive Astro SuperSport UHD or not:

Tune to CH 480 or 481
Nope, I'm not telling you to rent movies.
Just tune to channel 480 or 481 first, and then if you're able to access the Astro First / Best portal, and you DID NOT see "Services currently not available (SCNA)" message, then congratulations, you will be able to receive Astro SuperSport UHD channel(s) when you upgrade to Ultra Box. Rest assured, this also means your building's centralised system is already using the DCSS system.

If you want to double triple confirm again, then tune to any one of Astro First/Best channels from channel 472 until 489 (except 477 & 483).
If you see "This channel not included in your subscription" message INSTEAD OF "Services currently not available (SCNA)", then you can be more confident that your building's centralised system is already using the DCSS system.

Note: This "trick" is still applicable as of 30th July 2022.
joshhd
post Jul 30 2022, 01:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 30 2022, 10:09 AM)
I'm fully aware of all the caveats of upgrading. Done my research well enough, at least i think so.Haha.

The offer is possible as a long term subscriber to astro and obviously, retention iykwim.

I will check again later when I'm home on the inputs you shared above. I got a chance to talk to one of the resident here who is an ultra box and sportspack subscriber and here is what he said:

1-Ever since the change from 780 to 805/806, he only gets black screen when he switch to 805 nowadays. He used to be able to view 780 without issues before the change. When he is on 805, there's no SCNA or anything like that, just black screen.
2- He can play non live HDR movies, but not live shows
3- He's on satellite mode connecting to the centralized dish.

Any thoughts?

I suspect this might be something got to do with the HDR. Cuz Astro SuperSport 805 is HDR channel.

Is he/she using 4K TV? Tried to power off and then power on the Ultra Box, still same?
How about Restore Factory Settings on the Ultra Box? If not, can try first.
What TV brand and model number is he/she using?
Got report to customer service about this before? What did they say?
joshhd
post Jul 31 2022, 01:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jul 30 2022, 03:36 PM)
For me 780 has been removed  and now its 805, I am on  SP! legacy pack. I hv to be at least on premium pack 1 to get UHD! Now I am in  a limbo too. I cannot watch the Cwealth games as I can only acess Arena,800,811,812,813 ONLY.Thought of moving to Premium 1 but its no more affordable,Now I pay rm127 for SP1 Movies with variety add on,if i move to Premium one I hv to addn on Asian Favs for RM14.99 too!!
QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 30 2022, 04:40 PM)
Hang on, are you saying you won't get sports UHD even after upgrade to ultrabox?

I thought that comes together so long you have the legacy sports pack?
QUOTE(smileguy @ Jul 30 2022, 05:09 PM)
nope , bangwall.gif uhd is now Premium only premium 1 & 2 got UHD with asian favs removed while Premium 3 got  AF but UHD removed,bloody suckers!!!
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jul 30 2022, 06:35 PM)
You need to be on the news Sports Pack to be able to access 805. I was on the legacy SP too, and was unable to get it, so I changed to the new one and I have 805 + Birmingham

user posted image

Note that I had to add Documentary pack so that my package exceeds the RM100 requirement for Multiroom sleep.gif

So no, you don't need to get Premium pack 1 to have 805 UHD
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jul 30 2022, 07:46 PM)
For me getting the Ultrabox did not unlock UHD channel. I needed to upgrade my Sports Pack as well (the upgrade ended up having me paying cheaper by RM1 per month, which is why I upgraded). But yeah, something in their back end is not allowing legacy packs to get UHD channels. I presume this is to force users to upgrade their packs sooner than later

Previously the rule is, as long you're using Ultra Box, then you will be able to access to Astro UHD channel 780.
But since around June 2022, because in-line with Astro's ongoing efforts to force encourage customers to switch to new packs, it appears to me that they want to begin that wave with those who watches UHD channel/content, especially those who still on legacy packs.

You need Sports Pack to watch Astro SuperSport UHD 805
Just because you're on legacy pack and have access to channel 811, 812 and 813, that does not mean you have the full-fledged Sports Pack in your subscription. mega_shok.gif
This scenario above applies to legacy pack customers, where previously Astro quietly offer certain variations of Sports pack (kind of), which I think they want to cater to different viewers across different budget.

Channel no. Channel name Sports Lite pack* Premier League pack* Sports Pack
811 Astro SuperSport
812 Astro SuperSport 2
813 Astro SuperSport 3
814 Astro SuperSport 4
815 Astro SuperSport 5
816-820 SPOTV, beIn Sports, Eurosport...
*Note: Sports Lite and Premier League pack only exists for legacy pack customers. It DOES NOT EXIST for those on new Astro packs.

Sports Pack ≠ Premier League pack / Sports Lite
Another shortcut way to identify whether you are on Sports Pack, and not the Premier League or Sports Lite, is to check whether you can watch channel 814 until 820 or not.

Therefore, back to what smileguy said:
I am on SP! legacy pack. I hv to be at least on premium pack 1 to get UHD! Now I am in a limbo too. I cannot watch the Cwealth games as I can only acess Arena,800,811,812,813 ONLY.Thought of moving to Premium 1 but its no more affordable,Now I pay rm127 for SP1 Movies with variety add on,if i move to Premium one I hv to addn on Asian Favs for RM14.99 too!!

Erm, it appears that previously you're not on Super Pack. Your statement seems to suggest that previously you were on Super Pack Lite _ (Movies) which costs RM127.20 per month incl. SST.
Super Pack vs Super Pack Lite, is kind of 2 different worlds. If you were on the legacy Super Pack, your Astro subscription would have been RM160+ per month incl. SST.

Back in legacy pack days, there are 2 variations of Super Pack Lite, which is Super Pack Lite 1/2/3/4 (Movies) and Super Pack Lite 1/2/3/4 (Sports)

user posted image
Super Pack Lite 1/2/3/4 (Movies) includes Premier League, which means you can access channel 811, 812 and 813 only.
Super Pack Lite 1/2/3/4 (Sports) includes the usual Sports Pack, so you'll be able to access channel 811 until 820, as well as other seasonal sports events.

Because you were on Super Pack Lite (Movies), therefore Premier League pack has been included in your subscription, but not Sports Pack.
Premier League pack also does not give you access to seasonal sports event channels like the Commonwealth Games, Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and others.
To access Astro SuperSport UHD 805, you must be on Sports Pack, not on legacy pack bundles that include Premier League whatsoever.

But since Astro no longer allow its legacy pack customers to modify their legacy pack subscription in any way (add/remove/change box), so that is why you have no choice but to switch to the new packs to access Astro SuperSport UHD 805.
The new Astro pack bundles that have Sports in it, are Sports Pack, Premium Pack 1, Premium Pack 2 and Platinum Pack.
I hope the explanation above clears all the confusion here... rclxub.gif

Tip: For legacy pack customers, as long you are on Value Pack or Super Pack Lite packs, then you'll be able to access channel 811, 812 and 813 only, cuz Premier League is already included in your subscription, with or without you knowing it. sweat.gif
Just a refresher... Channel 800 (eGG Network), 801 (Astro Arena) and 802 (Astro Arena 2) are "basic" channels, so every Astro customer regardless of the package should have access to it.
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jul 30 2022, 06:35 PM)
You need to be on the news Sports Pack to be able to access 805. I was on the legacy SP too, and was unable to get it, so I changed to the new one and I have 805 + Birmingham

Mmm, are you sure previously you were on Super Pack, but not Super Pack Lite (Movies/Sports)? You might want to dig out your old old Astro bills to double check. hmm.gif
QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 30 2022, 07:12 PM)
I'm a little bit confused now. Means the legacy sports pack under superpack 1 will not include 805?

How to get this 805 uhd then if i already upgraded from pvr to ultrabox?

If you are on legacy Super Pack 1, which already includes Sports Pack, then you should be eligible to access Astro SuperSport UHD 805 upon upgrade to Ultra Box.
joshhd
post Jul 31 2022, 02:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 30 2022, 06:00 PM)
Unfortunately, both tests above resulting in SCNA. Does this mean there is no other way to get sports uhd other than getting the management to upgrade the centralised dish to dcss?

What if i still upgrade to ultrabox and set the box to satellite mode with internet failover first? Or should I just go with the plug n play right away? I will still get the sports uhd via internet, right? Or i mixed up my understanding already now?

Unfortunately, both tests above resulting in SCNA. Does this mean there is no other way to get sports uhd other than getting the management to upgrade the centralised dish to dcss?

Just to confirm, how about your neighbours that uses Astro? None of them using Ultra Box to watch UHD channel via satellite? If no, then so sorry to hear that then sad.gif
1) Ask building management to upgrade the centralise dish system to support DCSS
2) Install your own Astro satellite dish outside your unit (e.g. balcony), provided if your building management allows it in the first place.
3) Proceed with Ultra Box Plug & Play instead. Stream the channels via Internet only, and no satellite dish will be provided and used.

Plug & Play will be considered as Internet streaming, so do expect big drawbacks like:

Broadcast latency/delay compared to satellite
Do expect around 30 seconds to 1 minute broadcast delay compared to satellite broadcast.

Layman example: You are a sports fan, and your friends or neighbour are watching same sports match as you.
You notice that they shouted "Goal!" first, because they're watching Astro via satellite.
But yours, is under Plug & Play, so you'd get to shout "Goal!" in probably 30 seconds to 1 minute after them. Get what I mean?

Potential network congestions
If your Internet kind of screw up, then your viewing on Astro channels/content will be affected too.
And vice versa, if something wrong with Astro's streaming servers, then you will be affected too.

Of course not just these. There are few others pros and cons between Satellite and Plug & Play as well.

What if i still upgrade to ultrabox and set the box to satellite mode with internet failover first? Or should I just go with the plug n play right away? I will still get the sports uhd via internet, right? Or i mixed up my understanding already now?
If that's what you want, you can proceed upgrade to Ultra Box with satellite mode as usual first, and you'll get SCNA when tune to channel 805.
Once installer left your house, you can Restore Factory Settings, and then change it to Plug & Play.
That way, you'll be able to access Astro SuperSport UHD 805, but it'll be through Internet streaming rather than satellite.

If you don't want headache, then just tell Astro you want straightaway Ultra Box Plug & Play.
Then they'll courier the Ultra Box to your house, and no Astro installer will come over to install it for you.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 31 2022, 02:06 AM
joshhd
post Jul 31 2022, 02:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 31 2022, 02:06 AM)
Thanks, this clears a lot of my doubt. I can confirm that I'm on Sports Pack, the right most column in your table there. Does that mean if i upgrade from pvr to ultrabox, i will get sports uhd

Yes.
As long you have Sports Pack in your subscription, regardless whether you're on legacy or new packs, you should be able to access Astro SuperSport UHD 805.
joshhd
post Jul 31 2022, 02:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 31 2022, 02:15 AM)
Yeah so far only that one resident feedback to me that has issues with ultrabox. Others probably dont use ultrabox.
Guess i will just proceed to upgrade to ultra because i do have 500mbps internet at home.
If i just specify plug n play box to cs, it is actually the same exact box as the satellite mode ultra, right? That way i can restore/setup/experiment as i like.

Yes, correct.
You can Restore Factory Settings to change between Satellite or Plug & Play mode. And, it's better to do it only after the installer leave your house.

One of the difference when your Astro box is tagged under Plug & Play in Astro's system, is that you won't be getting satellite related after sales service, especially if you curi curi install at other house that uses satellite dish.

Since you already got a neighbour that uses Ultra Box via satellite, and the SCNA message appears when tuning to channel 805, you can try experimenting by temporary change to Plug & Play mode through Restore Factory Settings.
That way, you get to hands-on on how it looks like as well.
Of course, that is provided if your neighbour would allow you to experiment that 🤣
joshhd
post Aug 1 2022, 09:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jul 31 2022, 07:26 AM)
My old (legacy) pack was sports pack (I had access to all the sports channel), but I can't get 708 UHD (at that time, now it's 805). Hence why I needed to upgrade. So even if your legacy pack has sports pack, it does not mean you can get 805UHD
QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 31 2022, 09:56 AM)
Meaning you get all the channels listed in the table prepared by [email=@joshhd]@joshhd[/email] under Sports Pack there? If yes, well, that's interesting..

That's what Astro said...
user posted image
QUOTE(smileguy @ Jul 31 2022, 09:59 AM)
agreed, i had acess all the way but no more. Based on their packs for UHD the minimum pack seems to be Premium 1 & 2 for UHD
QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 31 2022, 10:04 AM)
There is? Can you please help to link the source here as I couldn't fine it online. TIA.
QUOTE(smileguy @ Jul 31 2022, 10:19 AM)
Because the only UHD channel available today, is Astro SuperSport UHD on channel 805.
To access to channel 805, you need to subscribe to new Astro pack bundle that includes Sports, which are Sports Pack, Premium Pack 1, Premium Pack 2 and Platinum Pack.
They highlight the "Premium 1 & 2" simply because they want to give those packs a little "push" into the market only.
joshhd
post Aug 1 2022, 09:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Aug 1 2022, 07:48 PM)
I do notice this briefly while switching to certain channels.

Ah yes, me too. But it rarely happens, so I don't bother.... Turns out, some of you guys also experienced that? unsure.gif
QUOTE(kkm @ Aug 1 2022, 07:09 PM)
Anybody facing video breakup problems? On many channels...

user posted image
QUOTE(NimalKumar @ Aug 1 2022, 09:15 PM)
I do notice some weird glitches on Vinmeen HD as well as Sun TV. Even the subtitles glitch like if someone erased it using duster.

Subtitle glitch... Long long time I saw before, but it's like once in a blue moon thing, so I don't bother also.
As for recently, nope, I didn't see any, yet.
joshhd
post Aug 1 2022, 10:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(aplio500 @ Aug 1 2022, 11:23 AM)
Hi guys.
If i opted to get internet subscription for astro UHD + other streaming apps what is the minimum speed and which provider to consider?
Newbie 1st time to subscribe here..
Thanks in advance

Astro Fibre's lowest speed is 50Mbps for RM99 per month.
When you said "Astro UHD", I assume what you meant is the 4K UHD TV channel from Astro?
There's only 1 UHD channel on Astro now, and that is Astro SuperSport UHD on channel 805, which has replaced Astro UHD channel 780 last month.
You need to subscribe to either Sports Pack, Premium Pack 1, Premium Pack 2 or Platinum Pack to gain access to Astro SuperSport UHD channel 805.

To understand further on Astro packs, refer this comparison table that I made smile.gif :
user posted image

If you're interested to know more, read this: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...#entry102870411
Since you're a new Astro customer, then just skip to point number 6 at the "10 things you should know about the new Astro packs" section, and continue reading from there.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, and we or I will try to advise.
I'm not a sales guy, so if you want to sign up or subscribe to whatever packs, you may do so at the official channels like:
Astro: https://product.astro.com.my/
Astro Fibre: https://product.astro.com.my/broadband
joshhd
post Aug 1 2022, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,207 posts

QUOTE(kawteem @ Aug 1 2022, 09:49 PM)
Any thoughts on this @joshhd?
QUOTE(kawteem @ Jul 31 2022, 02:41 AM)
Great advice. From what Im hearing here, better just go with satellite box order with cs first, just to avoid any complication or future changes. Really appreciate your expertise and advices here bro.  notworthy.gif

Do you also have inputs on video/picture quality on satellite vs internet? Im using lg oled at home and a sucker of good quality picture.

Another thing is right now my astro sub gives me access to disney+ and hbogo. CS said those access will continue unchanged upon upgrade to ultrabox. Right now im logged in to the 2 apps via standalone apps that comes with the lg webos. The ultrabox has these apps preintalled is it? Meaning i will not be able to continue viewing on the apps running on the lg webos and can only watch within the ultrabox or do i still have the freedom to login anywhere? And how about the picture quality between apps running on ultrabox vs outside ultrabox?

Do you also have inputs on video/picture quality on satellite vs internet? Im using lg oled at home and a sucker of good quality picture.
If your priority is on picture quality, I'd say, go for satellite.
If you watch Astro channels via Internet (be it through Plug & Play or Continuous Viewing), video quality would fluctuate according to your Internet speed and also at the mercy of Astro's streaming servers.

right now my astro sub gives me access to disney+ and hbogo. CS said those access will continue unchanged upon upgrade to ultrabox.
Correct.

Right now im logged in to the 2 apps via standalone apps that comes with the lg webos. The ultrabox has these apps preintalled is it?
As of now, Ultra Box has this 2 preinstalled apps, which is Netflix and Disney+ Hotstar. (More coming soon, they said sweat.gif )
There's no HBO Go on Ultra Box for now. But as usual, you can stream selected HBO shows via On Demand on Ultra Box, and even on your PVR box now...

Meaning i will not be able to continue viewing on the apps running on the lg webos and can only watch within the ultrabox or do i still have the freedom to login anywhere?
You will still have the freedom to login anywhere, but as usual lah, subject to device limit and also maximum 2 concurrent streams for Disney+ Hotstar and HBO Go.

There's no "special treatment" for whatever OTT app bundles you get from Astro... You'll still be able to login and watch on your devices, just like a normal standalone account.
It's just that, if you get it from Astro pack bundles, the overall cost would be cheaper compared if you pay separately.
And also, if you forgot to pay bill or suspend or terminate Astro, then the access to the OTT apps will also get suspended. That's pretty much the difference.

And how about the picture quality between apps running on ultrabox vs outside ultrabox?
Disney+ Hotstar on Ultra Box, maximum up to Full HD quality and Stereo audio only.

Netflix app on Ultra Box can support 4K UHD + Dolby Atmos, provided if you logged in to a Netflix Premium account (RM55) plan.
But why Disney+ Hotstar app can't support 4K UHD on Ultra Box, you ask? My answer is, I don't know.
I don't think it's Astro's fault, I think it's likely because Disney+ Hotstar's software team that made the app for Astro Ultra Box, is lousy. dry.gif
So if you want to stream in 4K UHD + Dolby 5.1, I suggest you continue using the app on your LG TV instead.

158 Pages « < 145 146 147 148 149 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0299sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th November 2022 - 11:43 PM