Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

CSNG8586 P
post Jan 16 2020, 02:41 PM

Probation
38 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jan 16 2020, 01:17 PM)
For now you watch FREE for two months,enjoy!
if this channel put into Movie pack, not worth at all, should bring other HBO channel better.
mot88
post Jan 16 2020, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

AOD channel 360 and 361 (HK drama) no longer available. According to Astro, this has been substituted by the downloadable show in the archive library.
GuyM
post Jan 16 2020, 06:33 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

Received this sms... Anyone knows what's deal..

RM0.00 Astro: Hanya untukmu. Alami pengalaman hebat dengan Astro. Pakej berbaloi & rebat sehingga RM64/bln. Tawaran terhad. Hubungi 03-74933600. Tertakluk T&S.
deric79k
post Jan 16 2020, 06:59 PM

Regular
1,551 posts

hi , may i know any of Astro Ultra Box user here experience that always disconnect from WIFI , error code HC 408 .

Thanks
Iconoclast
post Jan 16 2020, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Hello everyone, I got a question in regards to Astro Ultra Box..but before that I must thank all especially to @joshhd for detailed explanation in various topics especially the one related to Astro Ultra stuff. I learned a lot from those postings. Hats off to yall.

In regards to Astro Ultra Box, currently I am using one and split it into two TVs..one is LG 4K TV (HDCP 2.2 compliant) and LG Full HD TV in my bedroom. As for now, I am using my old HDMI switch which is not HDCP 2.2 compliant; therefore I cannot watch 4K content on my 4K tv, and resolution is set to 1080p in order to be able to watch via my bedroom's FHD tv.

I was wondering is there any HDMI splitter that is HDCP 2.2 compliant (for my 4K tv) and capable to 'downscale' to FHD on one of its output (for my FHD bedroom tv) at the same time? Or any other logical solution to get around this 'problem'? Appreciate yall input on this. Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by Iconoclast: Jan 16 2020, 07:42 PM
kkm
post Jan 16 2020, 07:43 PM

Regular
1,192 posts

QUOTE(Iconoclast @ Jan 16 2020, 07:40 PM)
Hello everyone, I got a question in regards to Astro Ultra Box..but before that I must thank all especially @joshhd for detailed explanation in various topics especially the one related to Astro Ultra stuff. I learned a lot from those postings. Hats off to yall.

In regards to Astro Ultra Box, currently I am using one and split it into two TVs..one is LG 4K TV (HDCP 2.2 compliant) and LG Full HD TV in my bedroom. As for now, I am using my old HDMI switch which is not HDCP 2.2 compliant; therefore I cannot watch 4K content on my 4K tv, and resolution is set to 1080p in order to be able to watch via my bedroom's FHD tv.

I was wondering is there any HDMI splitter that is HDCP 2.2 compliant (for my 4K tv) and capable to 'downscale' to FHD on one of its output (for my FHD bedroom tv) at the same time? Or any other logical solution to get around this 'problem'? Appreciate yall input on this. Thanks in advance!
If your subscription is over rm100/month, you can pay rm50 for a 2nd decoder. A lot simpler and you can watch different channels on each one instead of sharing the same feed.
anfieldude
post Jan 16 2020, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

Hello everyone, I got a question in regards to Astro Ultra Box..but before that I must thank all especially @joshhd for detailed explanation in various topics especially the one related to Astro Ultra stuff. I learned a lot from those postings. Hats off to yall.

I use a HD Fury Integral Limited just for this. It's functions as a splitter/switcher/matrix and one output will send a 1080p signal. The UltraHD box will downscale the 4k channels as well with this device.

Iconoclast
post Jan 16 2020, 07:51 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ Jan 16 2020, 07:43 PM)
If your subscription is over rm100/month, you can pay rm50 for a 2nd decoder. A lot simpler and you can watch different channels on each one instead of sharing the same feed.
Yup my subscription is approx RM160+ a month, but I don't think adding another RM50 a month is a feasible solution..netflix and maxis broadband kena bayar also 😅
Iconoclast
post Jan 16 2020, 07:54 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Jan 16 2020, 07:44 PM)
I use a HD Fury Integral Limited just for this. It's functions as a splitter/switcher/matrix and one output will send a 1080p signal. The UltraHD box will downscale the 4k channels as well with this device.
Wow never heard of this HD Fury Integral Limited before..will have to study more on this. Hey thanks for the suggestion bro!
joshhd
post Jan 16 2020, 11:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(mot88 @ Jan 16 2020, 04:34 PM)
AOD channel 360 and 361 (HK drama) no longer available. According to Astro, this has been substituted by the downloadable show in the archive library.

What you mean no longer available? And there's no channel 360 for Astro AOD...
Astro AOD catch up channels are 351-353, and 361-363. So which one are you referring to?
Could you share to us on where did you get this info from Astro?

QUOTE(GuyM @ Jan 16 2020, 06:33 PM)

RM0.00 Astro: Hanya untukmu. Alami pengalaman hebat dengan Astro. Pakej berbaloi & rebat sehingga RM64/bln. Tawaran terhad. Hubungi 03-74933600. Tertakluk T&S.

Not sure... Try call Astro customer service hotline (03-9543 3838) to confirm and inquire on what is the offer about...
I'm not sure about that 03-74933600 number... Anyone here can clarify?

QUOTE(deric79k @ Jan 16 2020, 06:59 PM)
hi , may  i know any of Astro Ultra Box user here experience that always disconnect from WIFI , error code HC 408 .

Thanks

Have you tried restart the Ultra Box already?
And also, try "Forget network", then reenter your WiFi password to connect again to see if problem solves?
hazim96
post Jan 16 2020, 11:52 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Jan 16 2020, 06:33 PM)

Its starter pack... I have seen the starter pack ad many time on astro. It stated only RM2 per day in the ad.
deric79k
post Jan 16 2020, 11:54 PM

Regular
1,551 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 16 2020, 11:34 PM)
What you mean no longer available? And there's no channel 360 for Astro AOD...
Astro AOD catch up channels are 351-353, and 361-363. So which one are you referring to?
Could you share to us on where did you get this info from Astro?

Not sure... Try call Astro customer service hotline (03-9543 3838) to confirm and inquire on what is the offer about...
I'm not sure about that 03-74933600 number... Anyone here can clarify?

Have you tried restart the Ultra Box already?
And also, try "Forget network", then reenter your WiFi password to connect again to see if problem solves?
yes, few times i try restart .

even change the recorder , still the same

first installer come say don't on 5 G , once on not stable.

2nd guy come say no 5 G no stable.

so may i know you all are using 5G or 2.4hz
joshhd
post Jan 17 2020, 01:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

Since Ultra Box launches until now, it seems that Astro will follow the worldwide trend to use HDCP 2.2 on UHD channels/content.
HDCP 2.2 will only be activated when you tune to UHD channels on Astro. There shall be no issue when watching SD or HD channels.

If you experience any HDCP 2.2 errors:

Astro's official reply be like:
Make sure you connect the HDMI cable from your Ultra Box directly to your UHD TV that supports HDCP 2.2.
Don't connect to any other equipment in between the connection (e.g. home theatre system, especially for HDMI ARC function).
If enjoying Dolby 5.1 surround sound is what you really want to, then connect a Digital Optical cable from Ultra Box to your home theatre system or soundbar, as an alternative.

The "not so proper, unofficial, and not so legal" kind of advice:
If you don't want to upgrade your TV and/or AV equipment, the more practical way is to use HDMI splitter that able to bypass/strip/remove HDCP 2.2.
When you look for a HDMI splitter, the supported HDCP version (e.g. HDCP 2.2 compliant, HDCP 1.4 compliant) is more important than the supported HDMI version (HDMI 1.4 4K@30, or HDMI 2.0 4K@60).
Because the technology behind this is, it doesn't care whether your device can support which HDMI version. Most importantly to watch UHD content on Astro Ultra Box is, in between the HDMI cable connection from Ultra Box to your TV, if any of your equipment (TV, home theatre system, HDMI splitter), doesn't support/comply with HDCP 2.2, the HDCP 2.2 error message will appear no matter what.
HDCP don't care whether how good, how expensive, how advanced/high tech, or how new is your connected equipment. In simple words, no HDCP 2.2, no talk.

And just because your newly bought TV or already-many-years-old-TV is a 4K UHD TV, that doesn't 100% guarantee that it supports HDCP 2.2.
Although most 4K UHD TVs today already supports HDCP 2.2, but better double check before buying one. Like I said, no HDCP 2.2, no talk.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Hello everyone, I got a question in regards to Astro Ultra Box..but before that I must thank all especially to @joshhd for detailed explanation in various topics especially the one related to Astro Ultra stuff. I learned a lot from those postings. Hats off to yall.

Wah, if you ask this question to the Astro customer service agent, confirm they'll jaw drop and become speechless... biggrin.gif

For your case, consider replace a new HDMI switcher and/or HDMI splitter that can supports/bypass/strip/remove HDCP 2.2.

For your FHD TV in your bedroom, you got to look for a HDMI device that is meant for downscale from 2160p to 1080p, which is commonly known as the EDID feature on HDMI splitters or HDMI matrix switch.
That equipment, is definitely not cheap ah... It could costs few hundreds of ringgit, or even thousands to some extent, which is kinda headache to go and think, plan, do lots of research and eventually buy it.
You'll need to get an advice from those AV experts for further clarification.

Better just get a new UHD TV for your bedroom, that solves a lot of hassle. blush.gif

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Jan 16 2020, 07:44 PM)

I'm looking for 1 input to 2 outputs HDMI splitter, without any downscaling feature, and proven to be successfully strips HDCP 2.2 completely.
Do you know where I can get that, at the lowest, cheapest price possible?
joshhd
post Jan 17 2020, 01:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(hazim96 @ Jan 16 2020, 11:52 PM)
Its starter pack... I have seen the starter pack ad many time on astro. It stated only RM2 per day in the ad.

That starter pack can save you some monthly fees, especially if you add RM25/month for HD+PVR service fee...

QUOTE(deric79k @ Jan 16 2020, 11:54 PM)
yes, few times i try restart .

even change the recorder , still the same

first installer come say don't on 5 G , once on not stable.

2nd guy come say no 5 G no stable.

so may i know you all are using 5G or 2.4hz

I connected to the 5GHz WiFi (like what you meant by "5G" instead of the 2.4GHz ("2.4G"). And I don't experience any issues...

Is your WiFi router located too far away from your Ultra Box? If yes, try relocate your WiFi router/Ultra Box to somewhere that is not so obstructed.
Like, if your Ultra Box is inside the TV cabinet, put it outside, like on top of the TV cabinet/shelf or something (I dunno how's your living room look like, so I just guess)...

What's the brand and the model of your WIFi router now?
ultramoo
post Jan 17 2020, 07:47 AM

27 posts

I bought this Tesmart 1inputx2output HDMI splitter from shopee and it worked for me. now i can view ch 780. cost about rm55. maybe you want to give it a try too.

https://shopee.com.my/product/126531571/2058632962

This post has been edited by ultramoo: Jan 17 2020, 07:53 AM
joshhd
post Jan 17 2020, 08:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(ultramoo @ Jan 17 2020, 07:47 AM)
I bought this Tesmart 1inputx2output HDMI splitter from shopee and it worked for me. now i can view ch 780. cost about rm55. maybe you want to give it a try too.

Thanks 😄..
How come you got to use that HDMI Splitter to watch Ch780? Your TV is not 4K UHD TV? Or how?

Is your HDMI output resolution from Ultra Box is set to 2160p?
If you don't connect to that Tesmart HDMI Splitter, the HDCP 2.2 error message will appear whenever you tune to ch780?

And, does that HDMI splitter become hot quickly when you use it? Or it's just warm a bit?

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 17 2020, 08:25 AM
ultramoo
post Jan 17 2020, 09:53 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 17 2020, 08:23 AM)
Thanks 😄..
How come you got to use that HDMI Splitter to watch Ch780? Your TV is not 4K UHD TV? Or how? HDMI from Astrobox is connected to my Yamaha AV receiver before going to the TV. TV is 4K UHD but my 4 year old amp is not. Amp is only HDCP1.4

Is your HDMI output resolution from Ultra Box is set to 2160p? Yes
If you don't connect to that Tesmart HDMI Splitter, the HDCP 2.2 error message will appear whenever you tune to ch780? Correct. The splitter is in between AstroBox to Yamaha AV. When the HDCP 2.2 error was first displayed, i tried connecting direct from AstroBox to TV. That's how i found out that the AV Receiver was the problem.

And, does that HDMI splitter become hot quickly when you use it? Or it's just warm a bit? Just slightly warm. very tolerable. It just need low USB power(cable provided)
anfieldude
post Jan 17 2020, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 17 2020, 01:00 AM)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

For your case, consider replace a new HDMI switcher and/or HDMI splitter that can supports/bypass/strip/remove HDCP 2.2.

For your FHD TV in your bedroom, you got to look for a HDMI device that is meant for downscale from 2160p to 1080p, which is commonly known as the EDID feature on HDMI splitters or HDMI matrix switch.
That equipment, is definitely not cheap ah... It could costs few hundreds of ringgit, or even thousands to some extent, which is kinda headache to go and think, plan, do lots of research and eventually buy it.
You'll need to get an advice from those AV experts for further clarification.

Better just get a new UHD TV for your bedroom, that solves a lot of hassle.  blush.gif 

I'm looking for 1 input to 2 outputs HDMI splitter, without any downscaling feature, and proven to be successfully strips HDCP 2.2 completely.
Do you know where I can get that, at the lowest, cheapest price possible?
The HDFury products does not downscale if u don't want to. The HDFury Integral Limited does not downscale to 1080p. It preserves the HDCP 2.2 so the source thinks the display is compatible. However, it does preserve the the sink device EDID (ie it tells the UltraBox that display supports HDCP 2.2 but is 1080p only) so the Ultra Box will then downscale the 4K channel to 1080p to the display. If I switch off the 1080p display since its also splitter and use the 4K display, the UltraBox will then recognize that the display is 4K and supports HDCP 2.2, the UltraBox now shows 2160p to a 4K display. Its UD99 not as cheap as the previous poster showed, so if the other device works, it might be a cheaper solution. The other cheaper solution I suppose would be the Monoprice HDMI 2.0 to 1.4 device.
deric79k
post Jan 17 2020, 10:16 AM

Regular
1,551 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 17 2020, 01:08 AM)
That starter pack can save you some monthly fees, especially if you add RM25/month for HD+PVR service fee...

I connected to the 5GHz WiFi (like what you meant by "5G" instead of the 2.4GHz ("2.4G"). And I don't experience any issues...

Is your WiFi router located too far away from your Ultra Box? If yes, try relocate your WiFi router/Ultra Box to somewhere that is not so obstructed.
Like, if your Ultra Box is inside the TV cabinet, put it outside, like on top of the TV cabinet/shelf or something (I dunno how's your living room look like, so I just guess)...

What's the brand and the model of your WIFi router now?
Thanks for ur reply and advice .

i will change to 5GHz . My router is not far , before that i using old PVR no problem at all. my there device all using WIFI all ok .
last old one yes , put inside cabinet . But since i change to Astro Ultra box i already place it outside .

now i TP link router . Model: Archer C1200.... any advice? mind share what router you use?
deric79k
post Jan 17 2020, 10:22 AM

Regular
1,551 posts

QUOTE(ultramoo @ Jan 17 2020, 07:47 AM)

thanks for sharing , so i can buy it for my AVR . means from astro input to spliter than one out to tv one direct to AVR . so when i watch Astro without on my AVR .

917 Pages « < 145 146 147 148 149 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:56 PM