Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro byond Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

pakji
post Today, 02:07 AM

Regular
1,169 posts

my old PVR got problem yesterday fine today my library lost and say PVR functionality not available bangwall.gif

i already send fb complaint with screenshot

VOD also cannot access

i think astro trying force upgrade ultra box ???

i don't want ultra box due bad quality HD that i prefer old PVR cry.gif

This post has been edited by pakji: Today, 02:08 AM
yongtjunkit
post Today, 07:48 AM

Enthusiast
962 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Dec 10 2019, 02:07 AM)
my old PVR got problem yesterday fine today my library lost and say PVR functionality not available  bangwall.gif

VOD also cannot access

i don't want ultra box due bad quality HD that i prefer old PVR  cry.gif
Sounds like the HDD in your PVR box has died

Try going to home>settings> stb diagnostic and look at the HDD status

This post has been edited by yongtjunkit: Today, 07:52 AM
anfieldude
post Today, 08:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,826 posts

Would appreciate if someone with the Astro UHD box can confirm that the UHD channel is triggering HDR on ur display as mine does not. Also, what is the software version dated on the set?

Thanks
joshhd
post Today, 09:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,178 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Dec 10 2019, 08:25 AM)
Would appreciate if someone with the Astro UHD box can confirm that the UHD channel is triggering HDR on ur display as mine does not. Also, what is the software version dated on the set?

Thanks

There is no settings to enable/disable HDR on Ultra Box, so it's likely that it is automatic?

Current software version is Oct 24 2019.
joshhd
post Today, 09:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,178 posts

my old PVR got problem yesterday fine today my library lost and say PVR functionality not available  bangwall.gif

VOD also cannot access

i don't want ultra box due bad quality HD that i prefer old PVR  cry.gif

Try talk to Astro, you insist that you want PVR box, not the Ultra Box.
Who knows maybe they actually still have stocks for new PVR boxes, but for some reasons, they just keep/reserve some of it, and when customer ask, then they say "no stock".
anfieldude
post Today, 09:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,826 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Dec 10 2019, 09:09 AM)
There is no settings to enable/disable HDR on Ultra Box, so it's likely that it is automatic? 

Current software version is Oct 24 2019.
Thanks. I hv the same version and it does not trigger HDR on the UHD channel. Does it trigger HDR on ur set?
zeese
post Today, 10:06 AM

Warning Level
1,620 posts

VOD also cannot access

Your HDD is corrupted. Your symptoms are same as mine. Cannot record, pvr functionality not available, no VOD. I reported to them and they gave me a new set of astro PVR. Problem solved. At that time, astro ultra did not exist yet.

Be aware about the warranty. If you are out of warranty, maybe got to pay for the new pvr. Ask them in advance about this.
joshhd
post Today, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,178 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ Dec 10 2019, 10:06 AM)
Your HDD is corrupted. Your symptoms are same as mine. Cannot record, pvr functionality not available, no VOD. I reported to them and they gave me a new set of  astro PVR. Problem solved.  At that time, astro ultra did not exist yet.

Be aware about the warranty. If you are out of warranty, maybe got to pay for the new pvr. Ask them in advance about this.

...or 24 months contract will restart.
MegaThroned
post Today, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

I hope astro will launch few more uhd channel soon. They keep on repeating the same content in 780. So far I just enjoyed live football or f1 only.
zeone
post Today, 12:22 PM

A Friend...
724 posts

QUOTE(MegaThroned @ Dec 10 2019, 12:00 PM)
I hope astro will launch few more uhd channel soon. They keep on repeating the same content in 780. So far I just enjoyed live football or f1 only.
Hi...
Fyi there are 2 more UHD Channels... wink.gif
However they are Pay2View ones... named as Astro UHD Ch... 498 & 499... sad.gif
Note: 780 is the ONLY FOC Channel.

This post has been edited by zeone: Today, 12:26 PM
joshhd
post Today, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,178 posts

QUOTE(MegaThroned @ Dec 10 2019, 12:00 PM)

Launch more UHD channels, to repeat the same content over and over again? Nah no thanks.

It seems that why we see mostly are football and F1 only, is because the live sports content in UHD are still limited, or those sports events are so far the only ones that Astro has the UHD broadcast rights.

I do wonder when would Astro simulcast selected local vernacular content to HD and UHD quality though...
pakji
post Today, 12:49 PM

Regular
1,169 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Dec 10 2019, 07:48 AM)
Sounds like the HDD in your PVR box has died

Try going to home>settings> stb diagnostic and look at the HDD status
checked stb diagnostic HDD Status Connected rclxub.gif
i will ask astro
MegaThroned
post Today, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Dec 10 2019, 12:44 PM)
Launch more UHD channels, to repeat the same content over and over again? Nah no thanks.

It seems that why we see mostly are football and F1 only, is because the live sports content in UHD are still limited, or those sports events are so far the only ones that Astro has the UHD broadcast rights.

I do wonder when would Astro simulcast selected local vernacular content to HD and UHD quality though...
I mean specific channel for sport, learning and movies/tv series. Currently everything mix up into 1 channel only. Example 780- sport uhd, 781-documentry uhd, 782- movies uhd. Afraid more uhd channel then bitrate also reduce. Kek
joshhd
post Today, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,178 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Dec 10 2019, 12:49 PM)
checked stb diagnostic HDD Status Connected  rclxub.gif
i will ask astro

They'll likely to advise you to Restore Factory Settings.
If still persists, then you got no choice but to try format your hard disk, so you'll lose all your recordings.

If still cannot, then get mentally prepared to replace new set top box. Either they'll give u the PVR or Ultra Box, that depends lo...
QUOTE(MegaThroned @ Dec 10 2019, 01:26 PM)
I mean specific channel for sport, learning and movies/tv series. Currently everything mix up into 1 channel only. Example 780- sport uhd, 781-documentry uhd, 782- movies uhd. Afraid more uhd channel then bitrate also reduce. Kek

Can.... That depends if they want to spend that money on buying more UHD content lo... But for now, they rather see customer spend more in pay to view to channels like Astro Best in UHD on ch498 and ch499. That could be their way of getting "fast money" 😂

As whether they'll reduce the bitrate or not, we customers can track one... Now we know the video bitrate is 15Mbps HEVC per UHD channel on Astro, then we shall see whether they would reduce it further once they launch more UHD channels in the future. But from what I see now, I don't think so la...

If they wanna reduce the bitrate, then they shall consider transmit the channel in 25fps instead of 50fps, so that customer won't notice the picture quality drop. But it won't be suitable for high frame content like sports content... Movies, certain series and documentary films should be fine if the content itself is in 25fps. Or, they can just transmit 24fps whole day for that particular UHD channel in the future. That's better than using 50fps all the time but the content is in 25fps, which is kinda wasting bandwidth for nothing...

This post has been edited by joshhd: Today, 02:46 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0380sec    1.97    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 03:48 PM