views

fruitie
post Apr 17 2021, 03:03 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 17 2021, 01:59 PM)
You mean SCNA message appears occasionally? Or just random blackouts?

Check the satellite cable.
Random blackouts actually.
fruitie
post Apr 17 2021, 06:43 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 17 2021, 06:20 PM)
Since your Ultra Box is installed not long ago, there will be a 6 months installation warranty.
Contact Astro customer service, report this issue to them, and then arrange a technical visit. Let the technician settle.

It shall be free of charge.
OK, let me monitor further and I think SCNA message just popped up as well. laugh.gif
I don’t want that Yap installer anymore. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Apr 21 2021, 02:49 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

Just to confirm I cannot watch live channels from Astro Go using the box right? I couldn’t do it.
fruitie
post Apr 21 2021, 03:02 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 21 2021, 01:21 PM)
No you can't.
Such a pity. Otherwise, it is perfect. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Apr 22 2021, 10:35 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 21 2021, 11:03 PM)
Okay.... Astro TVIQ channel now apparently, has Go Shop product placement slot too.  biggrin.gif
user posted image
"Do you want to be healthy, smart and strong? Then you need Vitamin C!"
That host, even uses kids friendly voice tone to talk and interact with the 2 children as what you saw on the screenshot...
So now they target on children products, on a "kids learning" channel, Astro TVIQ?
So, does it means we will see Go Shop product placements on children related products on Astro Ceria and Astro Xiao Tai Yang in the future as well?
Very nice lah.  thumbup.gif

If I am a kid watching that, and I want to be healthy, smart, and strong, I would convince my parents to buy that yummy Vitamin C gummies.

Children are easily convinced, you see....
About two years ago, they even aired GoShop content on WLT! I was so angry and told them, this is not acceptable as I paid hefty amount for Dynasty package and not to watch your GoShop when you already have dedicated channels for those.

They came back told me it is due to CNY period and it will be removed after a while. I said still not convinced enough, they came back with the date it will be removed.

I complained to MCMC by the way, I called CS first but they said nothing can be done. So I pursued further and not long after that, someone from Complaint Resolution Unit called me to explain and I was given free 1 month for such inconvenience.
fruitie
post Apr 22 2021, 01:42 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 22 2021, 01:23 PM)
You're given 1 month of free subscription because of that?
Ah, they do this because they just want to shut your mouth.
Meanwhile, they will still continue to do whatever they are been doing.
They promised not to do anymore on paid channels. I thought all are paid? Anyway, I don’t see anymore on WLT (now Jade).
fruitie
post Apr 22 2021, 02:11 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 22 2021, 01:48 PM)
Put it this way.
Imagine you are "Brand X" and you want to advertise your product brand on Astro channels, to reach more viewers and create awareness of your brand and product.

So for sure, the overall costs for advertisers aren't gonna be cheap, but you'll know it's worth it because the potential viewer reach is a lot, thanks to millions of Malaysians that subscribes to Astro.
I don't know how much is it, but let's assume it's about RM30k for just airing your product on existing Astro channel.
Let's say your product will be "forcefully aired" and "slotted in" on Astro AEC on this particular date at 1-2pm. Just air one time only, you have to pay overall advertising fees of RM30k.

However, one of Astro viewer is not happy. He complain why there's suddenly a Go Shop slot on Astro AEC? After the customer making noise here and there, and Astro don't see any signs of giving up from this dispute customer, and they are also internally fed up already, eventually Astro offers the dispute customer of 1 month free subscription, hoping that the customer will give up and shut up. Fortunately for Astro, customer agreed to the offer. Therefore, the case is closed and finally put at rest.

See what I mean now?
Okay. Astro acknowledge that there will be customer that is not happy about it. But then, look at the bigger picture, Go Shop helps advertisers to get its products to reach more viewers. At the same time, Astro get to earn RM30k.

So, losing a 1 month worth of subscription fee (e.g. assuming you are Super Pack 3 RM146/month) is still better than losing RM30k of income from Go Shop.

In conclusion, happy customer is important. But when a company's revenue is declining, customer happy also no use. If customer don't care about the company, then who's gonna care about the company? Company will rather sacrifice your happiness for their revenue to grow, cuz nobody wants to die.
You think that 1 month subscription fees will make me richer? laugh.gif To date, I have made multiple complaints to MCMC, not just Astro.

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 22 2021, 01:51 PM)
That's bulls**t.
Astro Hua Hee Dai does airs Go Shop occasionally, especially during festive season like CNY. For those who don't know, Astro Hua Hee Dai is not a "free" channel like Astro AEC.

And don't be surprised if Astro Xiao Tai Yang starts to advertise children products (Go Shop slot) someday in the future. Astro will do anything for profits.
My mom told me about HHD too, I told her to let me know the timing and I will make complaint.
fruitie
post Apr 22 2021, 09:34 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 22 2021, 08:03 PM)
The main point is not about making you richer whatsoever.
They'll just want to quickly close the case and shut your mouth for good.
Cuz they know that it will bring them no good if the particular MCMC complaint is being "investigated" for so long (e.g. many months)
The reason why I agreed to close the case is because they agreed to stop it after a date at that time.
fruitie
post Apr 23 2021, 09:50 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 23 2021, 12:24 AM)
So, you believe them?
Well, I didn't see anymore that time. So what would you suggest me to do that time?

Also, please multi-quote your posts. Instead of splitting into three posts. https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=faq&article=10 Thanks.

This post has been edited by fruitie: Apr 23 2021, 09:54 AM
fruitie
post Apr 23 2021, 02:55 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 23 2021, 02:43 PM)
Hmmm... I have no comment about that then.
Anyway, thanks for filing a complaint to MCMC. It proves that MCMC complaint is working, like, for real. biggrin.gif
So far my complaints to MCMC are working. I complained about TM, Digi, Maxis, Celcom and Astro, all were handled. Maybe some I cannot pursue further due to infra limitation and other reasons, but yeah at least somebody handled.
fruitie
post May 4 2021, 12:29 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(ryan18 @ May 4 2021, 12:27 PM)
If you have super pack it should be included already
Yeah, I was about to say this. I tried navigating Astro website and it says Super Pack will have that included. I just checked mine is Super Pack 3a, so I assume it is Super Pack.
fruitie
post May 4 2021, 02:26 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

Forced to pay RM 5.30 (with SST). sweat.gif

It better be good. laugh.gif
fruitie
post May 4 2021, 02:47 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ May 4 2021, 02:38 PM)
Value Pack 3  tongue.gif
user posted image
By looking at this chart, I can actually downgrade my package to Super Lite 3 Sports. We don't usually watch Movies and don't need so many Minis. laugh.gif

Can I downgrade my package if I just changed to Ultra Box? tongue.gif
fruitie
post May 4 2021, 03:53 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

True. We are 20+ years with Astro and seems like we are paying more than new customers. laugh.gif It is under my dad's name but too bad tied to 24 months now after changed to Ultra Box, so cannot cancel. laugh.gif Otherwise, I would have cancelled the existing account and will apply a new account under my name.
fruitie
post May 7 2021, 12:30 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

I don't see this kind of issue on Ultra Box though. I always watch HK drama too.
fruitie
post May 7 2021, 03:23 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

Is there any way to switch to QWERTY keyboard when I search for something? sweat.gif
fruitie
post May 7 2021, 06:08 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ May 7 2021, 04:04 PM)
hahahaha your TV is touch screen ?
No la but cannot get used to the keyboard placement. laugh.gif
fruitie
post May 13 2021, 12:49 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

Received official email from Astro.

user posted image
fruitie
post May 13 2021, 07:51 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(netken @ May 13 2021, 05:33 PM)
ulta and ulti only later this year? hope we dont hv to pay rm5 first then.
laugh.gif No chance. Payment will start from 1st June…
fruitie
post May 18 2021, 10:20 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,118 posts

QUOTE(nohow22 @ May 18 2021, 08:52 AM)
ohhh thank you for the explanation, so for astro user like or not the rm5 will be added anyway
niceee
Not really. Only those with Movies Pack will have RM 5 added automatically, otherwise non-Movies Pack users are not affected by this.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0268sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th August 2022 - 06:12 AM