Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post Nov 30 2022, 10:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,219 posts

Anyone here notice there's a lip-sync issue on Channel 805?

The video appears few hundred milliseconds late compared to the audio.
Especially during studio interview, I notice the host's talking lips doesn't match with the audio.

When I tune to channel 825, the audio is fine (both Stereo and Dolby). No lip sync issue. hmm.gif
joshhd
post Nov 30 2022, 11:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,219 posts

QUOTE(hyalbert @ Nov 30 2022, 09:32 PM)
Legacy Super Pack 3 subscriber but did not change to Ultra Box last year because my Plasma TV was not HDCP compliant but decided not to change the TV as it was still in good working condition. I have now decided to buy a 4K TV and called up CS to change to Ultra Box. Requested to maintain the legacy pack subscription but CS was unable to accede, so switched to a new package. Currently using satellite dish and PVR. May I ask what are the factors to consider for using the satellite cable connection or the Plug and Play for the Ultra Box.

Long story short, since you're already on Satellite, then just stay on Satellite even when you upgrade to Ultra Box. Don't need to think about changing to Plug & Play.

Satellite one is still much more reliable than Plug & Play.

For Ultra/Ulti Box, you can temporary switch from satellite to Internet streaming whenever there's no satellite signal, so you can still continue watching Astro TV channels even during bad weather.
user posted image

On the other hand, the only best scenarios you can consider Plug & Play is, you hate Astro satellite dish because it looks awful at your balcony, or because you stay in an apartment/condo that doesn't allow individual satellite dish installation, or your apartment/condo doesn't have centralise dish working.
NewB-MX
post Dec 2 2022, 12:58 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 30 2022, 10:53 PM)
Anyone here notice there's a lip-sync issue on Channel 805?

The video appears few hundred milliseconds late compared to the audio.
Especially during studio interview, I notice the host's talking lips doesn't match with the audio.

When I tune to channel 825, the audio is fine (both Stereo and Dolby). No lip sync issue. hmm.gif
Yes, I noticed that too. I think it was the same for EPL matches earlier whenever it was in 4K.
yongtjunkit
post Dec 2 2022, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,395 posts

Hi, just wondering, if I’m on legacy Astro package and were to relocate, do I need to switch to the new package?
cdspins
post Dec 3 2022, 08:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,455 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Dec 2 2022, 10:36 PM)
Hi, just wondering, if I’m on legacy Astro package and were to relocate, do I need to switch to the new package?
Do you need any service from Astro to help with your relocation? If no need... then just signed in at the astro account online and change address.
yongtjunkit
post Dec 3 2022, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,395 posts

QUOTE(cdspins @ Dec 3 2022, 08:51 AM)
Do you need any service from Astro to help with your relocation? If no need... then just signed in at the astro account online and change address.
The destination house already have a satellite dish with universal LNB(not meant for PVR box) sweat.gif
joshhd
post Dec 4 2022, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,219 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Dec 2 2022, 10:36 PM)

Nope, it is optional to switch to the new packs. But of course, the CS agent will try to upsell you the new packs as you contact them.
QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Dec 3 2022, 10:44 AM)
The destination house already have a satellite dish with universal LNB(not meant for PVR box) sweat.gif

Tell them you want to relocate, and the new address already has a satellite dish but it is not DCSS. Then they'll do the necessary arrangements.

On the other note:
If you are currently using Astro IPTV (Multicast), then you will lose access to IPTV Multicast service as you relocate to the new house, hence you'll be converted to either Satellite (applies to any Astro box models) or Plug & Play user (Ulti/Ultra Box only) in the process.
yongtjunkit
post Dec 4 2022, 02:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,395 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Dec 4 2022, 01:26 PM)
Nope, it is optional to switch to the new packs. But of course, the CS agent will try to upsell you the new packs as you contact them.
Tell them you want to relocate, and the new address already has a satellite dish but it is not DCSS. Then they'll do the necessary arrangements.

On the other note:
If you are currently using Astro IPTV (Multicast), then you will lose access to IPTV Multicast service as you relocate to the new house, hence you'll be converted to either Satellite (applies to any Astro box models) or Plug & Play user (Ulti/Ultra Box only) in the process.
I see, if I were to submit a request for relocation on the Self service web portal is it any better or is it better to contact CS? sweat.gif

This post has been edited by yongtjunkit: Dec 4 2022, 04:34 PM
joshhd
post Dec 4 2022, 07:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,219 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Dec 4 2022, 02:09 PM)
I see, if I were to submit a request for relocation on the Self service web portal is it any better or is it better to contact CS?  sweat.gif

I think it's the same 🤷
feed2doorsmhbm
post Dec 4 2022, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Disney Channel Russia will close soon in this final month
user posted image

This post has been edited by feed2doorsmhbm: Dec 4 2022, 11:55 PM
joshhd
post Yesterday, 02:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,219 posts

Return or Recycle Your Astro Devices
user posted image
https://promotions.astro.com.my/details/return-recycle
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

hyalbert
post Today, 02:24 PM

19 posts

Astro installer came yesterday to replace PVR with Ultra Box but did not change the LNB Universal type to DCSS type. He informed that he was not supplied the DCSS to change at the satellite dish. Upon installation, my TV could receive the UHD transmission with HDR at channel 805 and the installer maintained that there is no need to change the LNB. He asked me to contact Astro CS if I still want to change to the DCSS LNB.

I then called CS and was informed that Ultra Box and 4KTV which is HDCP 2.2 compliant are only required to receive UHD transmission. I told her that would be the requirements for Plug and Play installation but as my case involved the satellite dish why no LNB change but she replied not necessary for the LNB change as my TV was already receiving the 805 transmission.

However later on in the day when reading the Ultra Box Installation Guide (the installer left it inside the carton box during his installation) I found out on Page 17 on Satellite Antenna Connection where the DCSS is specifically mentioned.

So why did the installer and CS staff still maintain no need to change LNB to DCSS? I give the benefit to the installer that he was not provided with the DCSS as it was not difficult for him to get to the satellite dish at my house as it was installed at the balcony area on the first floor and he could just sit there to change the LNB.

I have since written to wecare@Astro on this matter.

Like to check whether any of you have recently changed to the Ultra Box using satellite connection and was the the LNB changed ?

Also what are the problems if the LNB is not changed to DCSS type using the Ultra Box ?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2022 - 02:51 PM