Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

lat
post Yesterday, 12:10 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 10 2022, 12:38 AM)
Ah, if curi-curi install Multiroom box at other address one, make sure you don't be smart to contact Astro customer service for assistance. biggrin.gif

You'll have to hire own private installer to do the job for you. Alternatively you can search on Facebook by typing "Astro installer Kelana Jaya". Look for Facebook pages that advertises astro installer that covers your area, and then contact that particular installer there.
Alright thank you so much.

Anyway, can Astro detect location and block? Just curious. Last time difference address also, but same city, no problem. Got one time Astro no signal, call cs, cs assign technician, kawtim with technician, that time same city, Okay la. Now different state, even if call cs, they will auto-pick original address and assign technician nearby, no use also. Lol
joshhd
post Yesterday, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,976 posts

QUOTE(lat @ Aug 11 2022, 12:10 AM)
Alright thank you so much.

Anyway, can Astro detect location and block? Just curious. Last time difference address also, but same city, no problem. Got one time Astro no signal, call cs, cs assign technician, kawtim with technician, that time same city, Okay la. Now different state, even if call cs, they will auto-pick original address and assign technician nearby, no use also. Lol

If your Astro box is connected to the Internet, then technically speaking your Astro box would be able to detect the estimated location of where the box is being installed.
In the future, I think they might use that data for addressable advertising, especially if your box is connected to the Internet.

If you're very concern about location privacy, you may consider don't connect the box to the Internet (WiFi or LAN) and connect only to the satellite dish to watch TV channels. Yeah, if no Internet, means no Video On Demand, cloud recording, Play from Start, all those features....

But in my opinion, so far I never hear incidents where the box got blocked because the customer install it at different house address, and I don't think they're that free to trace and block access lah.
But what I do hear before is, the customer sign up the normal residential Astro account, and then curi curi install that Astro box at business premises (e.g. mamak, restaurants, hotel...) instead of install at home, and eventually caught red handed (either by random spot check or someone reported to the authorities), and ultimately the box got suspended by Astro.

Therefore, in my opinion, as long you don't curi curi install at business premises, then I think should be ok.
lat
post Yesterday, 04:41 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 11 2022, 01:00 PM)
If your Astro box is connected to the Internet, then technically speaking your Astro box would be able to detect the estimated location of where the box is being installed.
In the future, I think they might use that data for addressable advertising, especially if your box is connected to the Internet.

If you're very concern about location privacy, you may consider don't connect the box to the Internet (WiFi or LAN) and connect only to the satellite dish to watch TV channels. Yeah, if no Internet, means no Video On Demand, cloud recording, Play from Start, all those features....

But in my opinion, so far I never hear incidents where the box got blocked because the customer install it at different house address, and I don't think they're that free to trace and block access lah.
But what I do hear before is, the customer sign up the normal residential Astro account, and then curi curi install that Astro box at business premises (e.g. mamak, restaurants, hotel...) instead of install at home, and eventually caught red handed (either by random spot check or someone reported to the authorities), and ultimately the box got suspended by Astro.

Therefore, in my opinion, as long you don't curi curi install at business premises, then I think should be ok.
Thank you so much. Technician just came & everything is normal. He even said this ‘illegal’ multiroom quite normal & astro usually tak kacau. Btw, thank you for your input!
Ash577
post Yesterday, 08:23 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

I would like to ask about is Astro will change the broadcast frequencies gradually, because I can't access such as CH 303 or other using same frequency.

Starts a few days ago, I can access the channels because they change to freguency 11022 V.

user posted image
user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0393sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th August 2022 - 05:06 PM