676 Pages « < 659 660 661 662 663 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post May 13 2022, 10:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,885 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 12 2022, 11:49 PM)
user posted image

So apparently if you have plug and play, you can't just reset the box and change to antenna now

cc joshhd

When you see this error on Satellite mode, try Refresh smart card first. You can also do it yourself at https://selfservice.astro.com.my
linkinstreet
post May 13 2022, 10:15 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,750 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 13 2022, 10:11 AM)
When you see this error on Satellite mode, try Refresh smart card first. You can also do it yourself at https://selfservice.astro.com.my
THank you notworthy.gif

user posted image

Here I presume? I shall try it. But since I won't be home until late, I can only find out later tonight sweat.gif
allisonzk P
post May 13 2022, 11:44 AM

Probation
35 posts

Had the same problem!

Thank you!
otnuus
post May 13 2022, 01:32 PM

Casual
330 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 12 2022, 10:14 AM)
As what I know, Ka band will only be used for Connectme satellite broadband service, with speeds up to 100Mbps per user.

Astro will still continue to use Ku band for DTH as usual.
Ka band have higher rain fade. Haven’t come across anyone use Ka band here. If Astro were to use Ka band for DTH then they need to change LNB for all users everwhere, which is a big logistic cost for them.
joshhd
post May 13 2022, 03:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,885 posts

QUOTE(otnuus @ May 13 2022, 01:32 PM)
Ka band have higher rain fade. Haven’t come across anyone use Ka band here. If Astro were to use Ka band for DTH then they need to change LNB for all users everwhere, which is a big logistic cost for them.

It is ridiculous for a satellite pay TV provider in equator countries, or countries that rains often, to use Ka band for satellite TV. And even if that would to happen to Astro someday, it means the LNB on the satellite dish needs to be replaced. So in my opinion, Astro to use Ka band for satellite TV reception is not going to happen.

Ka band is a popular option for satellite broadband usage globally. For Malaysia, Connectme is using Ka band.
joshhd
post May 13 2022, 04:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,885 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 13 2022, 10:15 AM)
THank you notworthy.gif

user posted image

Here I presume? I shall try it. But since I won't be home until late, I can only find out later tonight  sweat.gif

Remember to only click that Refresh button when your TV screen is showing that SIM card error message, not when your Astro box is powered off.

In the event where smart card refresh is unsuccessful, you'll have to wait 30 minutes later to refresh again.

This post has been edited by joshhd: May 13 2022, 04:01 PM
linkinstreet
post May 13 2022, 10:11 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,750 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 13 2022, 04:00 PM)
Remember to only click that Refresh button when your TV screen is showing that SIM card error message, not when your Astro box is powered off.

In the event where smart card refresh is unsuccessful, you'll have to wait 30 minutes later to refresh again.
Oh this works! But since I don't have the appropriate dcss antenna, I have to use Plug and Play mode for UHD sweat.gif
joshhd
post May 14 2022, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,885 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 13 2022, 10:11 PM)
Oh this works! But since I don't have the appropriate dcss antenna, I have to use Plug and Play mode for UHD  sweat.gif

Or you can search Facebook for Astro installers that covers your area, and hire them to replace to the DCSS LNB on your old Astro dish.

Or, you can own self buy an Astro DCSS LNB on Lazada/Shopee, and then you climb up to the roof and replace the DCSS LNB by yourself.

Because if your Astro account is tagged under Plug & Play and not under satellite, therefore Astro won't be giving you satellite related after sales support. That's one of the reasons why Astro encourages people to go for Plug & Play, cuz it is "lesser liability" and save costs for them too.

This post has been edited by joshhd: May 14 2022, 10:59 AM
linkinstreet
post May 14 2022, 01:41 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,750 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 14 2022, 10:54 AM)
Or you can search Facebook for Astro installers that covers your area, and hire them to replace to the DCSS LNB on your old Astro dish.

Or, you can own self buy an Astro DCSS LNB on Lazada/Shopee, and then you climb up to the roof and replace the DCSS LNB by yourself.

Because if your Astro account is tagged under Plug & Play and not under satellite, therefore Astro won't be giving you satellite related after sales support. That's one of the reasons why Astro encourages people to go for Plug & Play, cuz it is "lesser liability" and save costs for them too.
I also have an old Astro decoder with the build it HDD. The new DCSS LNB only has one RG6 output right? So do I need to split it three way (new Astro box x1, old Astro box x2)? More importantly, can I split the signal in the first place?
joshhd
post May 14 2022, 11:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,885 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 14 2022, 01:41 PM)
I also have an old Astro decoder with the build it HDD. The new DCSS LNB only has one RG6 output right? So do I need to split it three way (new Astro box x1, old Astro box x2)? More importantly, can I split the signal in the first place?

I also have an old Astro decoder with the build it HDD.
PVR box.

The new DCSS LNB only has one RG6 output right?
Correct.

So do I need to split it three way (new Astro box x1, old Astro box x2)? More importantly, can I split the signal in the first place?
Yes. Using splitter is indeed the solution.
Once the splitter is used, remember to change the LNB Input Source setting to DCSS on your PVR box as well.
user posted image
Oltromen Ripot
post May 17 2022, 11:37 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,649 posts

user posted image

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ May 11 2022, 12:59 PM)
Unifi Ultimate Pack offers Disney Hotstar + BeIN Sports Connect + SPOTV NOW, begins 17th May 2022 onwards.

Unifi offered to switch from previous bundle of BBC + LionsGate Play + BBC + own choice.

So I bite the offer.
Unifi Ultimate Pack already bundled into Unifi fibre rateplan.
Disney+ on Astro is still payable RM50++/3mth, but on Unifi is supposedly already bundled in. Plus, gets some Sports packs to spare even if I don't watch them; better than LionsGate Play which I can't have on TV anyway because no age limit.
(Can't wait to terminate Astro after contract is up.)
QUOTE(Zot @ May 11 2022, 01:10 PM)
They will call and ask you to change package because the old bundle no more there. If you ask to choose a package that is close to previous one that cost a bit less., then they would say they cannot do that because they are upgrading team. So, you add a bit more but another contract renewal for 2 years. If you downgrade, you get fined (?)  doh.gif
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 11 2022, 04:10 PM)
IIRC someone saw an advert on Unifi TV that you now will get free Hotstar Disney+ sub with Unifi 300Mbps, and not only for Unifi TV Ultimate subscriber. So yeah, don't need Astro for Hotstar anymore
QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ May 11 2022, 06:35 PM)
You know what makes it suck-er?
When I changed to the new packs, they reset Astro+Disney+Netflix contract date from Nov2021. When I upgrade Netflix to premium, only Netflix supposedly reset again to  Feb2022. But they mess up the upgrade that caused me to lose discounts; in April2022, they fixed the discount snafu, but now it appears my Netflix contract shifted to start from Apr2022.

So I am curious how the fart will they play those date technicality when I push terminate in Nov2023, which is supposed to be the original start date for the 24mth auto-renewing.
QUOTE(-oc-gassa @ May 12 2022, 09:38 AM)
do review on Unifi if join the bandwagon later on... I'm fedup with unifi TV slow adaptation... unifi fiber no issue...  until TM becomes a game-changer I just wait my upgrade to complete
QUOTE(Iptvfan @ May 12 2022, 09:50 AM)
For me as it is at RM60, what they offer is a steal. I add on Netflix still way way cheaper. But I am not epl fan, so I am good
fruitie
post May 17 2022, 11:51 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,068 posts

I activated my no. for Astro Hotstar when it was rolled out last year. Then, at the same time, I have UniFi Ultimate Pack, which grants me a free Hotstar account. Last month, I already activated via UniFi, and instead of using my no. to activate for UniFi, I used my sister's no. I got an SMS after that it was successful but without mentioning it is for which no., I assumed it was for my sister's no. which I used for activation.

This morning, I received an SMS from UniFi that it is ready to use under my no. doh.gif

Now my Hotstar shows two sets of accounts (I think?).

Subscribed to Disney+ Hotstar Yearly
Subscription valid till: 31 May 2022

Subscription to Disney+ Hotstar 2 Years
Subscription valid till: 17 May 2024

How does this work now? I'm concerned about the no. of devices that can be connected at the same time...
joshhd
post May 17 2022, 01:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,885 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ May 17 2022, 11:51 AM)
I activated my no. for Astro Hotstar when it was rolled out last year. Then, at the same time, I have UniFi Ultimate Pack, which grants me a free Hotstar account. Last month, I already activated via UniFi, and instead of using my no. to activate for UniFi, I used my sister's no. I got an SMS after that it was successful but without mentioning it is for which no., I assumed it was for my sister's no. which I used for activation.

This morning, I received an SMS from UniFi that it is ready to use under my no. doh.gif

Now my Hotstar shows two sets of accounts (I think?).

Subscribed to Disney+ Hotstar Yearly
Subscription valid till: 31 May 2022

Subscription to Disney+ Hotstar 2 Years
Subscription valid till: 17 May 2024

How does this work now? I'm concerned about the no. of devices that can be connected at the same time...

I believe it is similar rule like Netflix, which is no device login limits.

However, each Disney+ Hotstar account can stream on any 2 concurrent devices at the same time.
fruitie
post May 17 2022, 01:47 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,068 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 17 2022, 01:07 PM)

However, each Disney+ Hotstar account can stream on any 2 concurrent devices at the same time.
Exactly. Rightfully, UniFi should be tied to another no. as per my activation last month.
Looks like I will need to change no. linked for Astro Hotstar.

This post has been edited by fruitie: May 17 2022, 01:49 PM
Zot
post May 17 2022, 04:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,887 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 17 2022, 01:07 PM)

I thought Netflix has limit of 4? That what I was told. hmm.gif

Hotstar (not in Malaysia) said to have limit of 5 devices.
Oltromen Ripot
post May 17 2022, 04:55 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,649 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ May 17 2022, 04:34 PM)
I thought Netflix has limit of 4? That what I was told.  hmm.gif

Hotstar (not in Malaysia) said to have limit of 5 devices.
all of them are going for something like "can register and swap as many as you want per time period, but can only play on 1 device at time"
Zot
post May 17 2022, 05:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,887 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ May 17 2022, 04:55 PM)
all of them are going for something like "can register and swap as many as you want per time period, but can only play on 1 device at time"
Maybe. My brother said Netfilx each login account can create 4 profiles. So, 4 can view at the same time. If more than that it will warn you to remove other to add new one.
fruitie
post May 17 2022, 05:33 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,068 posts

My issue is I should have two different Hotstar accounts and I can watch on 4 devices simultaneously. Now they are all parked under one account. doh.gif
Qash-M
post May 18 2022, 11:50 AM

#FreePalestine
5,723 posts

user posted image

Bernama upgrade to HD didn't happen, but this happened. Also delayed 10min from original schedule.

This post has been edited by Qash-M: May 18 2022, 11:56 AM
joshhd
post May 18 2022, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,885 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ May 18 2022, 11:50 AM)
user posted image

Bernama upgrade to HD didn't happen, but this happened. Also delayed 10min from original schedule.

After so long, finally K+ channel made available on linear TV platform rclxms.gif One of my friend told me about this. She say she didn't subscribe to Korean pack, but she can watch CH396 now though... Astro giving free preview to all customers, I guess? hmm.gif

If you ask me which one I prefer: whether Bernama channel to upgrade to HD, or the K+ channel made available on linear TV platform, of course I'll go for K+ channel one lol... 😅

So what's next? France 24 or DW English?

676 Pages « < 659 660 661 662 663 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0261sec    0.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd July 2022 - 10:10 PM