692 Pages « < 658 659 660 661 662 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

-oc-gassa
post May 10 2022, 11:15 AM

Enthusiast
925 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 7 2022, 06:47 PM)
user posted image

Finally got Astro UHD. But since my TV also did a good job upscaling 1080p images, 4K does not actually looks that mich different 😅
what TV boss?
cdspins
post May 10 2022, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,442 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ May 5 2022, 11:03 AM)
Cloud record set. Appears in My Library. Try to pIay, cannot.
"Unable to Playback the programme"
"IRE:502"
What show / movie is that? which channel do your record it from? hmm.gif
linkinstreet
post May 10 2022, 12:46 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,789 posts

QUOTE(-oc-gassa @ May 10 2022, 11:15 AM)
what TV boss?
Mi TV P1 55"
ctu2
post May 11 2022, 01:27 AM

8 posts

Want to.ask..i saw my Disney+ subscription status will end on 31 /05..do I need to renew or how?
Zot
post May 11 2022, 08:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,946 posts

QUOTE(ctu2 @ May 11 2022, 01:27 AM)
Want to.ask..i saw my Disney+ subscription status will end on 31 /05..do I need to renew or how?
I think not as long as you have movie package.

When you first time login and key in code from your phone, that is the validity period for that login I suppose.

If you exit Disney, you can go back without need to key in another code, but if you logout you will be asked to key in different code sent to your phone with another validity period. I have not really look into it but this was what happened when I tried.
Oltromen Ripot
post May 11 2022, 12:59 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

Unifi Ultimate Pack offers Disney Hotstar + BeIN Sports Connect + SPOTV NOW, begins 17th May 2022 onwards.

Unifi offered to switch from previous bundle of BBC + LionsGate Play + BBC + own choice.

So I bite the offer.
Unifi Ultimate Pack already bundled into Unifi fibre rateplan.
Disney+ on Astro is still payable RM50++/3mth, but on Unifi is supposedly already bundled in. Plus, gets some Sports packs to spare even if I don't watch them; better than LionsGate Play which I can't have on TV anyway because no age limit.

(Can't wait to terminate Astro after contract is up.)
Zot
post May 11 2022, 01:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,946 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ May 11 2022, 12:59 PM)
Unifi Ultimate Pack offers Disney Hotstar + BeIN Sports Connect + SPOTV NOW, begins 17th May 2022 onwards.

Unifi offered to switch from previous bundle of BBC + LionsGate Play + BBC + own choice.

So I bite the offer.
Unifi Ultimate Pack already bundled into Unifi fibre rateplan.
Disney+ on Astro is still payable RM50++/3mth, but on Unifi is supposedly already bundled in. Plus, gets some Sports packs to spare even if I don't watch them; better than LionsGate Play which I can't have on TV anyway because no age limit.
(Can't wait to terminate Astro after contract is up.)
They will call and ask you to change package because the old bundle no more there. If you ask to choose a package that is close to previous one that cost a bit less., then they would say they cannot do that because they are upgrading team. So, you add a bit more but another contract renewal for 2 years. If you downgrade, you get fined (?) doh.gif
Oltromen Ripot
post May 11 2022, 01:22 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ May 11 2022, 01:10 PM)
They will call and ask you to change package because the old bundle no more there. If you ask to choose a package that is close to previous one that cost a bit less., then they would say they cannot do that because they are upgrading team. So, you add a bit more but another contract renewal for 2 years. If you downgrade, you get fined (?)  doh.gif
already very cross with Astro after the pricing+autorenewing revision end of last year.
was already scheming retirement of Astro and subscribe Disney+ and Netflix separately without autorenewing shenanigans.

maybe ending my subscription will not be enough to dent, but i still nevertheless will say Astro dug its own grave.
linkinstreet
post May 11 2022, 04:10 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,789 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ May 11 2022, 01:22 PM)
already very cross with Astro after the pricing+autorenewing revision end of last year.
was already scheming retirement of Astro and subscribe Disney+ and Netflix separately without autorenewing shenanigans.

maybe ending my subscription will not be enough to dent, but i still nevertheless will say Astro dug its own grave.
IIRC someone saw an advert on Unifi TV that you now will get free Hotstar Disney+ sub with Unifi 300Mbps, and not only for Unifi TV Ultimate subscriber. So yeah, don't need Astro for Hotstar anymore
Oltromen Ripot
post May 11 2022, 06:35 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 11 2022, 04:10 PM)
IIRC someone saw an advert on Unifi TV that you now will get free Hotstar Disney+ sub with Unifi 300Mbps, and not only for Unifi TV Ultimate subscriber. So yeah, don't need Astro for Hotstar anymore
TM do accounting magic to force bundle Ultimate Pack on 300Mbps and above;
charges Ultimate Pack RM60(?), immediately apply discount specifically to make it appear free for the same amount, but at the same time jack up price of the whole fibre subscription.
If previously during Streamyx time, I can just drop unifitv and save quite an overall amount, now dropping the force-bundled unifitv won't make a dent to the fibre bill.

But yeah; RM60(?) to get unifitv+Hotstar+BeIN+SPOTV+BBC better than Astro's RM50+/3mth+autorenewing bullcrap. Can always subscribe netflix separately later.

You know what makes it suck-er?
When I changed to the new packs, they reset Astro+Disney+Netflix contract date from Nov2021. When I upgrade Netflix to premium, only Netflix supposedly reset again to Feb2022. But they mess up the upgrade that caused me to lose discounts; in April2022, they fixed the discount snafu, but now it appears my Netflix contract shifted to start from Apr2022.

So I am curious how the fart will they play those date technicality when I push terminate in Nov2023, which is supposed to be the original start date for the 24mth auto-renewing.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: May 11 2022, 06:40 PM
joshhd
post May 11 2022, 10:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,972 posts

https://soyacincau.com/2022/05/11/measat-3d...ghout-malaysia/
Zot
post May 12 2022, 08:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,946 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 11 2022, 10:18 PM)
The main problem is the service interruption would be even more susceptible than current Astro service with Ka band. It is not for direct to consumer service solution for me.
Zot
post May 12 2022, 08:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,946 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 11 2022, 04:10 PM)
I guess the only reason I'm sticking to Astro at this moment is because there is record function since not every program available in Store on demand. smile.gif
-oc-gassa
post May 12 2022, 09:38 AM

Enthusiast
925 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ May 11 2022, 06:35 PM)
TM do accounting magic to force bundle Ultimate Pack on 300Mbps and above;
charges Ultimate Pack RM60(?), immediately apply discount specifically to make it appear free for the same amount, but at the same time jack up price of the whole fibre subscription.
If previously during Streamyx time, I can just drop unifitv and save quite an overall amount, now dropping the force-bundled unifitv won't make a dent to the fibre bill.

But yeah; RM60(?) to get unifitv+Hotstar+BeIN+SPOTV+BBC better than Astro's RM50+/3mth+autorenewing bullcrap. Can always subscribe netflix separately later.
You know what makes it suck-er?
When I changed to the new packs, they reset Astro+Disney+Netflix contract date from Nov2021. When I upgrade Netflix to premium, only Netflix supposedly reset again to  Feb2022. But they mess up the upgrade that caused me to lose discounts; in April2022, they fixed the discount snafu, but now it appears my Netflix contract shifted to start from Apr2022.

So I am curious how the fart will they play those date technicality when I push terminate in Nov2023, which is supposed to be the original start date for the 24mth auto-renewing.
do review on Unifi if join the bandwagon later on... I'm fedup with unifi TV slow adaptation... unifi fiber no issue... until TM becomes a game-changer I just wait my upgrade to complete

Iptvfan
post May 12 2022, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(-oc-gassa @ May 12 2022, 09:38 AM)
do review on Unifi if join the bandwagon later on... I'm fedup with unifi TV slow adaptation... unifi fiber no issue...  until TM becomes a game-changer I just wait my upgrade to complete
For me as it is at RM60, what they offer is a steal. I add on Netflix still way way cheaper. But I am not epl fan, so I am good
joshhd
post May 12 2022, 10:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,972 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ May 12 2022, 08:14 AM)
The main problem is the service interruption would be even more susceptible than current Astro service with Ka band. It is not for direct to consumer service solution for me.

As what I know, Ka band will only be used for Connectme satellite broadband service, with speeds up to 100Mbps per user.

Astro will still continue to use Ku band for DTH as usual.

This post has been edited by joshhd: May 12 2022, 10:14 AM
nicktaylor
post May 12 2022, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thanks so much for your earlier review of this multiroom service.

I oso just managed to successfully activated this service at rm29.90/monthly. The CS (customer service) mentioned in whasap conversation the RM19.90/monthly promo already ended in April 2022. But the website still showing the old promotion price. When asked CS why website still showing old price, keep repeating like robot, that price not available anymore.

Lazy to argue, i just take it since much more cheaper than taking a new account. The activation done within 2-3 hours time.. Using it in Klang Valley while the current account at our old folks home in Muar, Johor. Works flawlessly in my samsung tv. Syokk wooo layan badminton this time of the year, thomas cup..

Been using unofficial IPTV for several years.. really tired of laggyness and the unstable service. Endup give in to astro back, since they introduce this service, which really cheap and stable all the time. Me satisfiedd... rclxm9.gif flex.gif
Andrewtst
post May 12 2022, 10:42 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
26,843 posts

QUOTE(nicktaylor @ May 12 2022, 10:15 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thanks so much for your earlier review of this multiroom service.

I oso just managed to successfully activated this service at rm29.90/monthly. The CS (customer service) mentioned in whasap conversation the RM19.90/monthly promo already ended in April 2022. But the website still showing the old promotion price. When asked CS why website still showing old price, keep repeating like robot, that price not available anymore.

Lazy to argue, i just take  it since much more cheaper than taking a new account. The activation done within 2-3 hours time.. Using it in Klang Valley while the current account at our old folks home in Muar, Johor. Works flawlessly in my samsung tv. Syokk wooo layan badminton this time of the year, thomas cup..

Been using unofficial IPTV for several years.. really tired of laggyness and the unstable service. Endup give in to astro back, since they introduce this service, which really cheap and stable all the time. Me satisfiedd...  rclxm9.gif  flex.gif
You should check with others CS

The promotion if mentioned in Web, you should still entitled.

From my astro bill, it is extended to March 2023.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: May 12 2022, 10:43 AM
Zot
post May 12 2022, 10:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,946 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ May 12 2022, 10:14 AM)
As what I know, Ka band will only be used for Connectme satellite broadband service, with speeds up to 100Mbps per user.

Astro will still continue to use Ku band for DTH as usual.
Well, no matter what service but the interruption is still interruption laugh.gif

One way to go around it is to use own diversity antenna where if one antenna gets interrupted the other antenna will have connection (hopefully). Then from this antenna the link is through fiber or other medium. To have direct communication from satellite to end user is not practical on this band, I suppose.
linkinstreet
post May 12 2022, 11:49 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,789 posts

user posted image

So apparently if you have plug and play, you can't just reset the box and change to antenna now

cc joshhd

This post has been edited by linkinstreet: May 12 2022, 11:50 PM

692 Pages « < 658 659 660 661 662 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0333sec    0.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th August 2022 - 06:27 PM