Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is it neccesary to update windows?, Is it neccesary to update windows?

views

TSsimonchin86
post Apr 27 2018, 12:23 AM, updated 6y ago

4 posts

Hi guys
Just wana ask:
Is it neccesary to update windows?
i know Microsoft routinely patches newly discovered holes, adds malware definitions to its Windows Defender and Security Essentials utilities, bolsters Office security, and so on.
However is it still neccesary? example if i only use third party softwares like google or mozilla, will not updating affect the software? Reason im asking is because if i would put my pc in the living room and use program like deep freeze, so that my guest would not install any software in it
thanks

ashleemak
post Apr 27 2018, 07:31 AM

Getting Started
252 posts

Updates varies from each system. Sometimes an update might work fine on PC A, but PC B will have bugs. Is it necessary? In this age of technology it's a absolute YES, unless you have something like DeepFreeze where you can freeze the system.
yoyu
post Apr 27 2018, 08:54 AM

On my way
527 posts

depends on u acctually...
thats y they let u choose either to update or not
if you prefer to be up to date.. u can be up to date..
for me the patch is more on enhancement of the current version and some sort of repairing the bugs...
Kedekut
post May 29 2018, 06:03 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(simonchin86 @ Apr 27 2018, 12:23 AM)
Hi guys
Just wana ask:
Is it neccesary to update windows?
i know Microsoft routinely patches newly discovered holes, adds malware definitions to its Windows Defender and Security Essentials utilities, bolsters Office security, and so on.
However is it still neccesary? example if i only use third party softwares like google or mozilla, will not updating affect the software? Reason im asking is because if i would put my pc in the living room and use program like deep freeze, so that my guest would not install any software in it
thanks
Wah pakai deep freeze in living roomkah?

Anyway, since you have deep freeze as protection you can do a periodic update or no update at all. Its your choice. Unless got some trojan or virus manage to hack into your computer. You can schedule your computer to do periodic reboot.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:11 AM