Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lenovo Yoga 300 screen repair?, cracked touchscreen

views

TStertiary
post Apr 25 2018, 12:22 PM, updated 6y ago

On my way
631 posts

My friend dropped her Yoga 300 and cracked the touchscreen. It still works but looks bad. She wants to replace the touchscreen but Lenovo shop quoted about 1100RM. Anywhere else can repair this in the Klang valley?
netmatrix
post Apr 25 2018, 01:02 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(tertiary @ Apr 25 2018, 12:22 PM)
My friend dropped her Yoga 300 and cracked the touchscreen. It still works but looks bad. She wants to replace the touchscreen but Lenovo shop quoted about 1100RM. Anywhere else can repair this in the Klang valley?
It would be difficult to find anyone stocks a touch screen screen here. At RM1100 for a touch screen replacement, it does not look very expensive. It does if it just regular LCD. You could try asking the laptop repair shops in IMBI for a quote. But mind you if they do have, it would probably be a compatible one and probably lacking in specs like brightness, clarity or even touch responsiveness.

As a guide for you, a replacement for a regular non touch screen 720p HD LCD for 13" or 14" cost somewhere in the region of RM250-RM300. 1080p FHD cost a little more.
TStertiary
post Apr 25 2018, 01:10 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Apr 25 2018, 01:02 PM)
It would be difficult to find anyone stocks a touch screen screen here. At RM1100 for a touch screen replacement, it does not look very expensive. It does if it just regular LCD. You could try asking the laptop repair shops in IMBI for a quote. But mind you if they do have, it would probably be a compatible one and probably lacking in specs like brightness, clarity or even touch responsiveness.

As a guide for you, a replacement for a regular non touch screen 720p HD LCD for 13" or 14" cost somewhere in the region of RM250-RM300. 1080p FHD cost a little more.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I already asked at the repair shops at IMBI. One quoted 250 for non-touchscreen (which is not acceptable to my friend) and another quoted 350 for compatible touchscreen. He said he ordered one, but stalled and delayed for weeks and we gave up on him in the end.

Are there any other places which have those repair shops?
netmatrix
post Apr 25 2018, 01:28 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(tertiary @ Apr 25 2018, 01:10 PM)
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I already asked at the repair shops at IMBI. One quoted 250 for non-touchscreen (which is not acceptable to my friend) and another quoted 350 for compatible touchscreen. He said he ordered one, but stalled and delayed for weeks and we gave up on him in the end.

Are there any other places which have those repair shops?
In KL, Imbi is probably the biggest grouping of laptop repair shops around. Usually if they don't have it, very likely other places don't have it at all. There are a smattering of repair shops around KL/PJ. But you can't go try all of them now can't you? I know i can't.

Another far fetched plan is to look at Lelong, Mudah, Shoppee, Lazada for repair shops. Just try laptop or notebook repair as keywords. Contact them and see if they have the part, location and the downtime. I bought an Acer laptop replacement keyboard for cheap in Lazada before. But that is an easy fix and common part. But this is just an idea though.

Too bad it is not like China, where everything that is electronic has a replacement parts for it. The other option is buying an original one from taobao and pay some money to get it changed locally.

If DIY, and you can open the LCD yourself, see the replacement part number and match it in taobao pages. Much more work and there is a probability that you will be shipped a fake or incorrect model though.

Else just bleed the RM1100 and get on with life. sweat.gif
TStertiary
post Apr 25 2018, 01:51 PM

On my way
631 posts

@netmatrix Good points. Thanks again!!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:04 PM