Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

We're having intermittent DNS issues, that should resolve itself shortly.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Steam Promotion, Discussion and FAQ Thread V55, 2019 Budget, Steam kena tax lol

diehard1979
post Feb 11 2019, 06:54 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Dunno got anyone dare to try this or not.
What happen when someone buy RM60 and get RM10 discount then later do a refund for some of the purchase only.

eg. you buy 4 games which total is RM60. Then later return 1 game which is RM5 only.
Will steam refund it? What happen when someone abuse it and refund all of it? will he get RM60 or RM50?
How about he return 3 games only that cost is RM50 only. This will make him get a free game.

alex82
post Feb 11 2019, 07:26 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(diehard1979 @ Feb 11 2019, 06:54 PM)
What happen when someone buy RM60 and get RM10 discount then later do a refund for some of the purchase only.

eg. you buy 4 games which total is RM60. Then later return 1 game which is RM5 only.
Will steam refund it? What happen when someone abuse it and refund all of it? will he get RM60 or RM50?
How about he return 3 games only that cost is RM50 only. This will make him get a free game.
you try it and let us know the result rolleyes.gif
division x3
post Feb 11 2019, 08:11 PM

Group: Newbie

i tryed something like this b4
buy a game then played it.drop card and item..then sell it off.and refund the game. so total profit is the card and item money..nothing happen,been many years liao
mowlous
post Feb 14 2019, 11:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(diehard1979 @ Feb 11 2019, 06:54 PM)

QUOTE(alex82 @ Feb 11 2019, 07:26 PM)
you try it and let us know the result  rolleyes.gif
Refund policy clearly stated, your progress bar will increase.

Its cap at RM60, when you refund it adds the required amount to reach the next bar. So basically at max you can only get RM10 in advance.

Under such condition if given the same example above, how much you refund how much it will + to your next purchase before you get the next discount. if you refund RM5 your next purchase need to past RM65 if you refund all your next purchase have to past RM120.

(If its so easy to exploit for free games I doubt the company would have survive this long.)

This post has been edited by mowlous: Feb 14 2019, 11:32 AM
KopiChia
post Feb 15 2019, 07:31 AM

Anyone got issue with cimb debit/kwik? Nowadays 4 out of 5 times I order steam games it declines I need to call CS to get it approve. Card also set for Overseas payment and no issue with PayPal payment. Yet if pay direct to Steam or Fanatical or other bundle sites etc I also sure get decline. Oh well I guess no more sales no more buying much.

This post has been edited by KopiChia: Feb 15 2019, 07:41 AM
Rei7
post Feb 15 2019, 08:39 AM

Multi-platformer

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Feb 15 2019, 07:31 AM)
Anyone got issue with cimb debit/kwik? Nowadays 4 out of 5 times I order steam games it declines I need to call CS to get it approve. Card also set for Overseas payment and no issue with PayPal payment. Yet if pay direct to Steam or Fanatical or other bundle sites etc I also sure get decline. Oh well I guess no more sales no more buying much.
I use debit, seems to work just fine for me. No decline. I pay direct with just inserting the number. Steam sale, Twitch sub, Nintendo eShop, PSN, humble bundle and etc seems to work just fine for me. Some times if decline, could be during maintenance hours. The only site that doesn't work with debit for me is Amazon most of the time, US or JP amazon both doesn't work, but the rest seems to work fine on my end.

Mine is the normal atm debit card btw with overseas payment enabled, not kwik.
KopiChia
post Feb 15 2019, 08:46 AM

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Feb 15 2019, 08:39 AM)
I use debit, seems to work just fine for me. No decline. I pay direct with just inserting the number. Steam sale, Twitch sub, Nintendo eShop, PSN, humble bundle and etc seems to work just fine for me. Some times if decline, could be during maintenance hours. The only site that doesn't work with debit for me is Amazon most of the time, US or JP amazon both doesn't work, but the rest seems to work fine on my end.

Mine is the normal atm debit card btw with overseas payment enabled, not kwik.
Very weird I asked Cs they claim now auto decline overseas payments. I scold them. I am writing email complain to them hope they take action. Been using plenty of times last 3 months no issue now started getting auto declines. None of my payment are large amounts also. Fanatical sales all I buy rm4~Rm50. Same with steam all mostly under rm50
Rei7
post Feb 15 2019, 08:49 AM

Multi-platformer

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Feb 15 2019, 08:46 AM)
Very weird I asked Cs they claim now auto decline overseas payments. I scold them. I am writing email complain to them hope they take action. Been using plenty of times last 3 months no issue now started getting auto declines. None of my payment are large amounts also. Fanatical sales all I buy rm4~Rm50. Same with steam all mostly under rm50
When is this starting to happen btw? I tried Twitch sub few days ago just fine. First day of Lunar new year sale on Steam also works just fine. Pretty dumb if they just decline, but probably have to do with their cimbclick issue I think. Hackers, phisher and etc, lots of reports about that a month or two ago.
KopiChia
post Feb 15 2019, 09:16 AM

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Feb 15 2019, 08:49 AM)
When is this starting to happen btw? I tried Twitch sub few days ago just fine. First day of Lunar new year sale on Steam also works just fine. Pretty dumb if they just decline, but probably have to do with their cimbclick issue I think. Hackers, phisher and etc, lots of reports about that a month or two ago.
For me it happen last 2 weeks or so. Yea this issue started after cimb got hack. They even ask me if I got hack since I did maybe 20~30 small transaction last month or so on Steam & fanatical. I don't understand what's the big issue since few months ago I was heavily involve in mobile games topup in-app Google playstore almost daily sometimes 2x a day no issue.
Rei7
post Feb 15 2019, 12:55 PM

Multi-platformer

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Feb 15 2019, 09:16 AM)
For me it happen last 2 weeks or so. Yea this issue started after cimb got hack. They even ask me if I got hack since I did maybe 20~30 small transaction last month or so on Steam & fanatical. I don't understand what's the big issue since few months ago I was heavily involve in mobile games topup in-app Google playstore almost daily sometimes 2x a day no issue.
Hmm... interesting.. well I was using it last week and it was fine, so I guess they flagged your account somehow maybe hmm.gif
skylinelover
post Feb 15 2019, 10:08 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎

QUOTE(chamelion @ Feb 11 2019, 12:36 PM)
Redeemed.

Dunno what to buy anymore...
99% of libary not play or not even 2 hours...😀
Save summer sale lorh🤭
pekkauwer
post Yesterday, 07:56 AM

Getting Started

steam got problem? cant login o.o

40 Pages « < 38 39 40Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to: