Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fresca Disruptor Water Filter Purifier NSF PoU, 100% Highest Quality USA/UK Components (Filter)

hestati
post Apr 23 2018, 11:17 PM, updated 12h ago

On my way
631 posts

We're now happy to offer Fresca Disruptor water filter / purifier.

Unique, custom built system with all the components that touch water manufactured in USA/UK and are NSF certified

WHOLE SYSTEM IS ONLY RM 1199!

REPLACEMENT CARTRIDGE SET (ALL 3 CARTRIDGES) RM 300!

PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION RM 100 IN KLANG VALLEY

NEW*** POU + POE PACKAGES ***NEW (click on spoiler below)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Buy from Shopee
Buy from Lazada

user posted image

Fresca Disruptor completely removes or significantly reduces harmful substances found in tap water. They include:

- Sediment, such as rust, sand, mud, pollen
- Chlorine, chloroform, bromine, iodine
- 99.99% lead and other heavy metals (aresinc V, cadmium, chromium VI)
- 99.99% viruses (polio, rotovirus, norovirus, etc.)
- 99.99% bacteria (e coli, legionella, pseudomonas, etc.)
- 99.95% cysts (giardia, cryptosporidium, etc.)
- Humic Acid
- Ortho-phosphate
- PCBs, BPA (plastic byproducts)
- Penicillin G,Flumenquine
- Polysaccharides
- Ferric Iron
- Petrochemicals
- Phenols
- Volatile organic compounds
- Taste and odor

Fresca Disruptor is among the few filters that can get rid of bacteria and is among very and very few non RO systems that can filter out viruses.

https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2009/er_2.html

user posted image

To break the system down to stages:

Stage 1 is pleated polyester sediment filter at 1 micron nominal. This stage is there to mainly protect the next 2 stages of any sediment. It will cut off anything above 1 micron: dirt, dust, rust, stones, sand etc etc.

Stage 2 is a core of the system, stage that does all the heavy lifting. Made with new filter material from Ahlstrom (Finland/USA). In short, it is electroadsorptive technology media able to remove or significantly reduces all of the contaminants on the list above except chlorine and taste/odor.
You can read more about it by clicking the LINK

Stage 3 is high quality coconut activated carbon block. Since stage 2 takes out most of the bad things, what's remaining is chlorine and so called "smell and taste". 0.5 micron high flow carbon block clears it up giving the water a great and pure taste.

user posted image

Back to quality and advantages of the system. To break it down:

- Manufactured in USA are: housings, all 3 filter cartridges, the faucet. NSF certified
- Manufactured in UK are: tubing and all fittings (all by John Guest). NSF cetrified
- Manufactured elsewhere: water inlet valve (placed before the filter elements ), bracket (does not touch water), housing wrench

user posted image

To summarize:

1. System uses industry standard parts (housings, fittings etc). All parts are covered by 2 years warranty, but even if something breaks afterwards, you just go and replace that part, easy to find, easy to change.

2. Cartridges are also industry standard size. You can always source various cartridges and apply any upgrades we may introduce later on.

3. Quality and safety for you and your family. Many people say "doesn't matter where it is made as long as it's NSF", but one thing to keep in mind is that NSF is certification system, it is not quality control system. US/UK top manufacturers have a well established supply chain, strict quality control and strict raw material control, this is why we carefully choose and source every component that touches water from these countries and suppliers only!

5. Washable stage 1 and 2. Unless you have a lot of iron (and iron clogs ANY filter quickly) system will not be dead clogged. Even if your water is extremely dirty, just take out the cartridges 1-2 and wash them.

Washing procedure is shown in this Youtube video ---- https://youtu.be/AFAye8Kmpko

Feel free to challenge me, ask me any questions, voice concerns etc. I will reply them with all honesty.

This post has been edited by hestati: Sep 24 2019, 01:06 PM
chowkh
post Apr 27 2018, 03:32 PM

18 posts

Hi Hestati,

Am looking for a water purifier for my son's condo. He is staying there alone and his GF will come over the weekends. The unit is for drinking only s he does not cook.

Since you are selling both the Aquaphor Crystal Eco and your custom-built Fresca at the same price, objectively which 1 will give better end results in terms of better quality drinking water? Also, what would be the pros and cons of each product?

hestati
post Apr 27 2018, 04:41 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(chowkh @ Apr 27 2018, 03:32 PM)
Hi Hestati,

Am looking for a water purifier for my son's condo.  He is staying there alone and his GF will come over the weekends.  The unit is for drinking only s he does not cook.

Since you are selling both the Aquaphor Crystal Eco and your custom-built Fresca at the same price, objectively which 1 will give better end results in terms of better quality drinking water?  Also, what would be the pros and cons of each product?
Thanks for your question. I chose FD for my own place. Will try to objectively tell why.

1. In FD, each and every component is sourced from a reliable supplier/manufacturer and I know exactly where they come from. QMP, Omnipure, John Guest, Ahlstrom just to name few. Most of these suppliers I visited personally when I worked in USA (QMP and Omnipure for example).

Now, I'm not saying Aquaphor is bad. But personally, I don't know who is the supplier for Aquaphor tubing for example, or who and where makes their faucet.

2. FD has a washable sediment filter as stage 1. I do not want to install PoE and therefore FD will get all the large dirt coming from the pipes. If it's getting clogged, I just take out and wash stage 1. If I want, I can even clean/sanitize stage 1 and 2.

If I was to install Aquaphor, I would add pre-filter to it.

3. FD can filter out more contaminants, for example viruses and chromium VI. Does it mean that we always have these contaminant? No, but filter is like your insurance, if something happens and the water gets these contaminants, FD will address them.

Of course Aquaphor has it's own + as well. Cartridges are easier to replace. Push the button and twist, you can have it changed in like 5 minutes. FD, you need to open the housings, take cartridges out, check if all is good and assemble it. Takes probably 15-20 min.

All in all, I believe that FD is a little better overall system than Aquaphor, not that there is a huge gap, but enough for me to choose FD over Crystal Eco for personal use.

P.S. I'm sorry there is still lack of clear graphical information about FD (comparison tables, flyers etc), working on it now. So far we've installed 2 systems, one more is tomorrow, 7 more left until the next batch from USA.
poorgeek
post Apr 30 2018, 10:41 AM

39 posts

Hi bro.
The writeup on Stage 2 filter says it does not remove or removes some of these:

Arsenic V 8.5 pH*
Bromate
Manganese nitrate
Mercury 6.5 pH*
Mercury 8.5 pH*
NDMA
Sulfate
Geosmin
Arsenic III 6.5 pH*
Arsenic III 8.5 pH*
Bromine (white)
Ferrous Iron++ *
Soluble silica
Trihalomethanes (THM)
Chloramine*
VOC*

How will we handle these impurities?

Thanks

hestati
post Apr 30 2018, 02:46 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(poorgeek @ Apr 30 2018, 10:41 AM)
Hi bro.
The writeup on Stage 2 filter says it does not remove or removes some of these:

Arsenic V 8.5 pH*
Bromate
Manganese nitrate
Mercury 6.5 pH*
Mercury 8.5 pH*
NDMA
Sulfate
Geosmin
Arsenic III 6.5 pH*
Arsenic III 8.5 pH*
Bromine (white)
Ferrous Iron++ *
Soluble silica
Trihalomethanes (THM)
Chloramine*
VOC*

How will we handle these impurities?

Thanks
Valid concerns, and let me address them one by one, there are total of 16 on this list, I will make sure not to skip any. All the facts below can be verified from reliable sources. I can split them in few groups, 1. not a concern, 2. removed by stage 3 (carbon block), 3. RO required

In summary, 4 are not a concern, 7 are removed by stage 3 (carbon block), 5 can be only treated by RO type of system

Not a concern

1. Chloramine - not a concern at all, not used in Malaysia or in most of the world for that mater. In USA it is now used instead of chlorine and they have separate filters in US just for chloramine. Nasty stuff, not sure why US would use it, they say more effective against bacteria, but at a cost of being quite toxic and having byproducts.

2. NDMA - is mainly the by-products of chloramine (1) and is, again, mainly a concern for USA. It may be formed in very low quantities when chlorine is used, however the only way to reduce it is industrial UV, and exposure to UV required is 10x the requirement to kill viruses, so no, home UV will not address it either. RO can only remove 30-50% of it. Another problem with that is that no water regulation, except California, defines any safe levels for it. But again, since chloramine is not used in Malaysia, it is safe to assume that NDMA is not present.

3-4. Arsenic III 6.5 pH, Arsenic III 8.5 pH. Arsenic III oxidizes to Arsenic V in presence of chlorine (we all do have chlorine in our water, unless your water is well water). Arsenic V at PH 6.5+ is removed by stage 2, Arsenic V at PH8.5+ is addressed below.

Removed by stage 3

5. VOC is reduced by stage 2 and is removed by stage 3, i.e. carbon block

6. Bromine is removed by carbon block

7-8. Mercury at various PH. It is reduced by 60% by stage 2 and to 99.99% by stage 3

9. Trihalomethanes removed by carbon block. It's byproduct of chlorination.

10. Bromate. Not naturally occurring, it is formed during ozonation of water rich of bromine. Biggest concern is actually... bottled water. In 2004 they discovered that many bottled water brands had a lot of bromate. If exposed to large doses for long time it can be dangerous. Carbon block (stage 3) reduces 60-90% of bromate, depending on mineral content of water, more minerals in the water, less is the reduction. Since water in Malaysia is rather soft, with little minerals in it, carbon block is effective. RO system can reduce up to 98% of it.

11. Geosmin, this is what gives water "earthy taste". This is also found in some fresh water fish, when some fish smells more like "mud and bog". Non-toxic and removed by stage 3.

RO required

12. Arsenic V at PH8.5+. Drinking water is PH 6.5 to 8.5 and at this PH disruptor is very effective. Above PH 8.5, the only way to remove it is RO (up to 90%) and distillation (up to 98%). But if your water has PH higher than 8.5, then you have bigger concerns than arsenic, you must reduce PH.

13. Manganese nitrate. You need RO system to treat nitrate (and even that is not too effective), but these are present in well water, rivers and lakes, not in municipal water. Boiling will not help either, in fact, if any nitrates are present, boiling will increase the concentration.

14. Ferrous iron. It is reduced by 80%, so it is marked as "some removal" (significant removal would be over 95% level). Ferrous iron is not in any way hazardous to health, however it can have aesthetics effect (if it's too much, water becomes brownish). And iron in any state, ferrous or ferric is a bad bad bad thing for any filter (but again, it is ok for your health, in fact we need iron in our body). For example, with too much iron in water, RO membrane will last only 2-3 months. If it is found that your water has too much iron, then you must have special iron filter. They are expensive and even they get blocked quite quickly and cannot be cleaned/regenerated. Luckily we don't have much iron in our water in Malaysia.

15. Soluble silica. Again, silica is not bad for our body and has no health effects, in fact there are even silica supplements. However, it is called "contaminant" because it forms scale. If you have too much scale (say you boil your water and the bottom of the kettle has white deposits) then you need RO membrane. But since water in Malaysia is very soft, I'm yet to see any significant scale build up.

16. Sulfate. Again, this is not a health hazardous contaminant, but large doses may have laxative effect and give water a bitter taste. The only reasonable method to remove sulfates for home application is RO.

In conclusion, as I said numerous times, if your water comes from unknown source, you have scale problem or you want the best possible filtration you must go for RO. However, RO has a lot of disadvantages and it's a bit of overkill for Malaysia. RO makes sense in regions where water is very hard and you also need to get rid of the excess minerals. For all intents and purposes and remaining realistic, Disruptor will be one of the best under counter system in terms of contaminant removals, superior to Amway, 3M, Aquaphor or Aquasana, but still cannot match RO systems in terms of number of things it can filter out.
poorgeek
post Apr 30 2018, 04:08 PM

39 posts

Thanks for your explanation
hestati
post May 2 2018, 03:35 PM

On my way
631 posts

Another installation today, this time surprisingly at my neighbor's place, he found out about the filter through Lowyat (thank you Lowyat!)

In our area, we get close to 4 bar pressure (60psi or so), so we get about 1L of filtered water every 15 seconds, so 4L of water in 1 munute!

user posted image
Pain4UrsinZ
post May 3 2018, 11:47 PM

Regular
1,390 posts

free installation cannot ?
hestati
post May 4 2018, 12:33 AM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(Pain4UrsinZ @ May 3 2018, 11:47 PM)
free installation cannot ?
2 last spots for free installations left! As I promised, first 5 systems will be free installation. 3 installed already, 2 left.

During free installation I come, tell you about the system, describe it, and if you allow, I take pictures.

Please let me know if interested.
MGM
post May 5 2018, 12:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,332 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ May 4 2018, 12:33 AM)
2 last spots for free installations left! As I promised, first 5 systems will be free installation. 3 installed already, 2 left.

During free installation I come, tell you about the system, describe it, and if you allow, I take pictures.

Please let me know if interested.
I am from JB. Can get free installation too?
This FD not promoted at Lazada?
Can make payment by creditcard?
I am currently using Fiber Membrane POE system (pic attached) and it is time to replace the membrane that cost rm400. If I use FD, is it still necessary to have this POE?

This post has been edited by MGM: May 5 2018, 12:18 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
hestati
post May 5 2018, 01:31 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ May 5 2018, 12:14 PM)
I am from JB. Can get free installation too?
This FD not promoted at Lazada?
Can make payment by creditcard?
I am currently using Fiber Membrane POE system (pic attached) and it is time to replace the membrane that cost rm400. If I use FD, is it still necessary to have this POE?
FD is designed to work without any outdoor filter, so you will no need this membrane. First stage of FD is washable pleated polyester, so if you water is bad, just take it out and wash first stage. 2nd stage is also washable, just in case.

Unfortunately, no free installation for Johor, it's too far for me. I can offer free shipping though and 100RM off, but please send me pictures of installed system. Installation is fairly simple, can DIY easily or hire a contractor to do it for 100rm or so. (I will send installation instructions and video).

2 years warranty and 30 days satisfaction guarantee still applies.

And yes, if you want by credit card, I will create Shopee listing for it, so you can pay by CC.

This post has been edited by hestati: May 5 2018, 01:34 PM
cuber
post May 6 2018, 02:42 AM

49 posts

May I know why do we need all the 3 replacement cartridges if stage 1 & 2 is washable?

I believe stage 3 which is the carbon should be changed maybe after 1 year of usage, but if the stage 1 & 2 are washable, do we need to also change it every year?
hestati
post May 6 2018, 11:31 AM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(cuber @ May 6 2018, 02:42 AM)
May I know why do we need all the 3 replacement cartridges if stage 1 & 2 is washable?

I believe stage 3 which is the carbon should be changed maybe after 1 year of usage, but if the stage 1 & 2 are washable, do we need to also change it every year?
Good question.

Yes, 1 and 2 are washable and any cartridge can be sold separately. So yes, if 1 and 2 are not physically damaged or blocked by iron, can change only stage 3, the carbon block.

Stage 1 and 2 can last longer, but still advertised time is 1 year. The reason is, if I advertise 2-3 years and people ignore washing it, the will complain that there is no flow.

So the process is like that, once a year (or whenever the flow drops, say you have too much sediment for example in your area) open and examine stage 1 and 2. If no physical damage, wash and reuse, change stage 3. Pressure should be back to normal.

And yes, just to confirm, cartridges will be available for sale individually. But for general consumer (outside of Lowyat) will still advertise as 1 year life for cartridges..
cuber
post May 6 2018, 10:26 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ May 6 2018, 11:31 AM)
Good question.

Yes, 1 and 2 are washable and any cartridge can be sold separately. So yes, if 1 and 2 are not physically damaged or blocked by iron, can change only stage 3, the carbon block.

Stage 1 and 2 can last longer, but still advertised time is 1 year. The reason is, if I advertise 2-3 years and people ignore washing it, the will complain that there is no flow.

So the process is like that, once a year (or whenever the flow drops, say you have too much sediment for example in your area) open and examine stage 1 and 2. If no physical damage, wash and reuse, change stage 3. Pressure should be back to normal.

And yes, just to confirm, cartridges will be available for sale individually. But for general consumer (outside of Lowyat) will still advertise as 1 year life for cartridges..
Thanks for the respond. So if let say the stage 1 & 2 are not physically damaged or blocked, would it go longer than 2-3 years? I mean if we do the washing regularly will it last more than 2-3 years? Because this is very interesting, I believe most if not all the water filters now in the market need to change the filters every year. Your product will eliminate that, we only need to change the stage 3 annually.
hestati
post May 7 2018, 01:10 AM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(cuber @ May 6 2018, 10:26 PM)
Thanks for the respond. So if let say the stage 1 & 2 are not physically damaged or blocked, would it go longer than 2-3 years? I mean if we do the washing regularly will it last more than 2-3 years? Because this is very interesting, I believe most if not all the water filters now in the market need to change the filters every year. Your product will eliminate that, we only need to change the stage 3 annually.
Filters still degrade. I would still change it after 2 years even if it looks ok. Can you make it last longer? Probably, but then you better test it and see how it performs, not worth it I believe. I mean, you could do that, but I still would advertise it as 1 year + service live. Also, always have iron in water, even if not much. It will block the filter eventually.

Even plastic parts (housings etc) are explosion proof for first 5 years only and all manufacturers mention it in one way or the other to not have any liability after 5 years.
8sg9ft
post May 7 2018, 05:10 PM

blablabla
1,657 posts

Bro, when you say the housings, filter cartridges, faucet, diverter, tubings and fittings that are manufactured in the USA/UK are NSF certified, is it NSF 42 or NSF 53 or both?

Also, I tried finding more info about Fresca. Can't seem to find it though. Can help to point in the right direction?
hestati
post May 7 2018, 09:07 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(8sg9ft @ May 7 2018, 05:10 PM)
Bro, when you say the housings, filter cartridges, faucet, diverter, tubings and fittings that are manufactured in the USA/UK are NSF certified, is it NSF 42 or NSF 53 or both?

Also, I tried finding more info about Fresca. Can't seem to find it though. Can help to point in the right direction?
Hello, everything is NSF 42 except stage 2, stage 2 is NSF 42 and NSF 61. NSF 53 is usually for systems, rather than individual components, rarely you can see 53 applied to components. NSF 61 is highest for filter material though, Disruptor material.

As for Fresca, it is our in house brand. System is designed by pretty much... me, from absolutely best components available.

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate, I will gladly answer to any kind of questions. Thanks!

CORRECTION, Stage 1 is NSF 61, not NSF 42, sorry for confusion. NSF 61 is for cartridge media of mechanical cartridges, NSF 42 is mainly for properties like chlorine reduction etc.

This post has been edited by hestati: May 8 2018, 09:49 PM
Pain4UrsinZ
post May 8 2018, 05:05 PM

Regular
1,390 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ May 7 2018, 09:07 PM)
Hello, everything is NSF 42 except stage 2, stage 2 is NSF 42 and NSF 61. NSF 53 is usually for systems, rather than individual components, rarely you can see 53 applied to components. NSF 61 is highest for filter material though, Disruptor material.

As for Fresca, it is our in house brand. System is designed by pretty much... me, from absolutely best components available.

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate, I will gladly answer to any kind of questions. Thanks!
i couldn't find the certification for this product in NSF website
http://www.nsf.org/certified-products-systems

is it because the company not renewing the test with NSF ?
hestati
post May 8 2018, 07:17 PM

On my way
631 posts

QUOTE(Pain4UrsinZ @ May 8 2018, 05:05 PM)
i couldn't find the certification for this product in NSF website
http://www.nsf.org/certified-products-systems

is it because the company not renewing the test with NSF ?
Were you looking for Fresca? Fresca is not there. As I mentioned, components of the system are all NSF certified. The system itself does not have a certificate with it's name on it. For example, the faucet is by QMP and it is listed under QMP, fittings are by John Guest and therefore listed under John Guest.

Note also, that it is not always right to check NSF certification only from the website you mentioned. NSF standard can be certified by IAPMO for example, (it is accredited by ANSI/NSF) and this would be the case for Disruptor filter. All certificates for individual parts are available upon request.
Pain4UrsinZ
post May 8 2018, 09:16 PM

Regular
1,390 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ May 8 2018, 07:17 PM)
Were you looking for Fresca? Fresca is not there. As I mentioned, components of the system are all NSF certified. The system itself does not have a certificate with it's name on it. For example, the faucet is by QMP and it is listed under QMP,  fittings are by John Guest and therefore listed under John Guest.

Note also, that it is not always right to check NSF certification only from the website you mentioned. NSF standard can be certified by IAPMO for example, (it is accredited by ANSI/NSF) and this would be the case for Disruptor filter. All certificates for individual parts are available upon request.
Yup want to verify the certification for the 3 filters/catariadge

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0405sec    1.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 02:11 AM