Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wines: Cheapest youve seen around?

views

TSdwin95
post Apr 23 2018, 03:52 PM, updated 6y ago

wow i finally get to type here since 2009
1,257 posts

Hello! Wines abroad range from typical Walmart type of 3 buck chuck to high end wines for more. Just wondering where is the cheapest wine youve seen in Malaysia (KL/PJ/Subang) and what is the price range?

I've outlived college abroad with 3 dollar wines and loved it. Let me continue my legacy when I get home smile.gif
MeToo
post Apr 23 2018, 04:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

Yup... I still remember my 3 liter wine that comes in a cardboard box with a tap....
TreyLey
post Apr 23 2018, 04:04 PM

Casual
364 posts

with high taxes and less demand expect no cheapo price in Malaysia

Emily Ratajkowski
post Apr 23 2018, 10:30 PM

Casual
423 posts

Just go to those malls or Jaya grocer etc. Those cheap ones can get for rm30+ usually very old stock and about to go bad liao. I bought a few before and it tasted like shit. But ok if you just want to get drunk.
sidthesloth
post Apr 24 2018, 01:22 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

My friend is in the wine business. What he told me is this,

1: don't ever buy wines cheaper than rm25. Currently the tax for wines is rm15 think. So it doesn't make sense if you see wines selling for RM 20 and below is good shit.

2: Always check the label, where it's made from. If it's says bottled at ABC SDN BHD, avoid it. It's because they buy grape juice and ferment it here in Malaysia. Fake wine.

3: Those below rm300 wines you see is best drink below 5 years. Yhis type of wine is not meant to be kept a long time unlike chateau wines which cost thousands of dollars.
Phoenix_KL
post Apr 24 2018, 09:15 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

rice wine
TSdwin95
post Apr 25 2018, 12:37 AM

wow i finally get to type here since 2009
1,257 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Apr 23 2018, 04:01 PM)
Yup... I still remember my 3 liter wine that comes in a cardboard box with a tap....
The best kinds to ball on a budget.. Any sighting of it around Malaysia?

QUOTE(TreyLey @ Apr 23 2018, 04:04 PM)
with high taxes and less demand expect no cheapo price in Malaysia
Not expecting the same price tag but whats the cheaper decent wines you see around?

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Apr 23 2018, 10:30 PM)
Just go to those malls or Jaya grocer etc. Those cheap ones can get for rm30+ usually very old stock and about to go bad liao. I bought a few before and it tasted like shit. But ok if you just want to get drunk.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be realistic and budget around $50 per bottle then. thanks!

QUOTE(sidthesloth @ Apr 24 2018, 01:22 AM)
My friend is in the wine business. What he told me is this,

1: don't ever buy wines cheaper than rm25. Currently the tax for wines is rm15 think. So it doesn't make sense if you see wines selling for RM 20 and below is good shit.

2: Always check the label, where it's made from. If it's says bottled at ABC SDN BHD, avoid it. It's because they buy grape juice and ferment it here in Malaysia. Fake wine.

3: Those below rm300 wines you see is best drink below 5 years. Yhis type of wine is not meant to be kept a long time unlike chateau wines which cost thousands of dollars.
Thanks for the insight. So anywhere between 30 to 300 is decent wine? Haha chateau bottles will be popped on special occasions only. I enjoy drinking 2-3 glasses weekly so Im looking for some decently priced wines that taste okay smile.gif

QUOTE(Phoenix_KL @ Apr 24 2018, 09:15 PM)
rice wine
lel ill buy 1 just for the sake of it

jerm57
post Apr 25 2018, 09:48 AM

Casual
350 posts

Cheapest wine with decent taste I have seen is around rm50 a bottle. Check out jaya grocer, Ben's grover or Oliver's grocer.
sidthesloth
post Apr 25 2018, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(BannedButtBaboon @ Apr 25 2018, 01:44 AM)
Original wine use durian?
Don't be a dick head. Original wines go through a special process like aging in cask etc. Fake wines is where manufacturers just add alcohol into grape juice etc. Same like cap kapak whiskey.
sidthesloth
post Apr 25 2018, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(BannedButtBaboon @ Apr 25 2018, 12:27 PM)
It is u who spewing idiocracy. Local made wines are not fake but low quality/not aged. Also known as cheap wine like kapak cheap whiskey. Being cheap does not mean fake. What u replied me is now correct but "fake whiskey" "fake wine" is when this doggy manufacture rebottle their own brew on branded bottles. This when cny or deepavali u sure meet a friend who has supposed lobang to get jd for rm70 or a crate of carlsberg for rm35. The cheap bottles u get in aeon or well known markets are not fake just low quality "genuine" cheap wine.
Not aged = fake wines period. Those RM10 says it's whiskey is fake whiskeys. Importing grape Juice then add alcohol is not wine. Learn what's the definition of fake pls.
sidthesloth
post Apr 26 2018, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(10996455 @ Apr 26 2018, 10:10 AM)
There plenty if Liqour that not age and u don't call them fake. Cheap don't mean fake get yr fact straight. Absolute vodka u know how cheap they sell at Langkawi ?the whole island is selling at 35~45RM minus the duty and shop need earn some money u call tell the price is lower then 10RM per liter. Heck all Langkawi absolitr stock came from PJ one. If u say Langkawi sell fake Liqour I'm gona slap u in the face ...... all the Liqour shop have custom officer sitting there.
PS no one fake cheap whisky just not worth the time...
Hey if the wine is not aged and fermented the way wine is suppose to be then it's not wine. Hence fake wine since the label stated wine. That's why you see all those bottled in Malaysia wines are "sweet wines". I'm not saying cheap wines are bad. Its just that most of the cheap wines you see are either old stock wines or fake wines like Malaysia made. Those cap kapak RM10 vodka, whiskey etc you don't really believe them to be vodka do? So what you call them? Fake liquor, same as those imitation liquor which they just relabel them.
hoilok
post Apr 26 2018, 06:11 PM

Regular
1,162 posts

different type of process, can't be considered fake ? unless intimidate product or brand
Alan
post Apr 26 2018, 06:45 PM

Casual
413 posts

The imported table wine (in super/hyper) are usually US/Australia made, due to the scale of production. Tesco house wine from chile is ok, but no longer available. Mark n spencer house wine ~rm50 is ok but not great. Good enough wine should be at the price range >rm80 or rm100.
Porkvoker
post Apr 27 2018, 12:06 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(sidthesloth @ Apr 26 2018, 05:58 PM)
Hey if the wine is not aged and fermented the way wine is suppose to be then it's not wine. Hence fake wine since the label stated wine. That's why you see all those bottled in Malaysia wines are "sweet wines". I'm not saying cheap wines are bad. Its just that most of the cheap wines you see are either old stock wines or fake wines like Malaysia made. Those cap kapak RM10 vodka, whiskey etc you don't really believe them to be vodka do? So what you call them? Fake liquor, same as those imitation liquor which they just relabel them.
gona stop u there, vodka gin tekila dont age one bro.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:24 AM