Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Phone wifi faster than desktop wifi?

views

TSberrycoo~
post May 19 2018, 02:14 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 19 2018, 09:21 AM)
I used to had similar issue like you line sometimes slow, sometimes buffering.

So here what i did .

I bought a dlink dwa192 ac1900 wireless usb adapter
Tenda ac1900 router both support beam forming technology

I use  5ghz my ping from my previous router 5ms to 2000ms suddenly become 2ms continuous.

To achieve maximum speed the wireless must have maximum signal and also no interruption from other wifi channels.

This fix all the nonsense problems i previously had my unifi 50mbps i got 52mbps.

If you ask me i suggest you buy a new router and wireless adapter with the latest tech must support 5ghz.

Here a brief video explaining how beamforming works

I see. I guess it could really be inference then. I am planning to get a new router for the 5GHz band and beamforming as an AP since I can place it outside my room now I can take full advantage of the 5GHz signal. But configuration is abit tricky now. I am getting 100mbps soon and TM is going to give me a new router (most likely TP-Link). So whats the best way to configure the TP-Link and my new router (most likely gonna buy the ASUS AC1300UHP)? Should I connect modem to TP-Link (router) downstairs and TP-Link (router) to ASUS (AP) upstairs? Or should I just connect modem to ASUS (router) upstairs and TP-Link as range extender?
Theoutspokenguy
post May 19 2018, 02:48 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ May 19 2018, 02:14 PM)
I see. I guess it could really be inference then. I am planning to get a new router for the 5GHz band and beamforming as an AP since I can place it outside my room now I can take full advantage of the 5GHz signal. But configuration is abit tricky now. I am getting 100mbps soon and TM is going to give me a new router (most likely TP-Link). So whats the best way to configure the TP-Link and my new router (most likely gonna buy the ASUS AC1300UHP)? Should I connect modem to TP-Link (router) downstairs and TP-Link (router) to ASUS (AP) upstairs? Or should I just connect modem to ASUS (router) upstairs and TP-Link as range extender?
Most of us dont use the free unifi router. I got the free tplink ac1200 i remove it immediately and replace with tenda ac1900

My suggestion is

Get tenda ac1900 and plug modem direct into the router. Why must you go through ap?

I personally recommend this its a great budgeted high performance router from china.

Attached Image

My previous configuration i get 3 bar wifi signal with my new configuration 5 bars.

This router will support your 100mbps no worries.

This post has been edited by Theoutspokenguy: May 19 2018, 02:52 PM
TSberrycoo~
post May 19 2018, 03:03 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 19 2018, 02:48 PM)
Most of us dont use the free unifi router. I got the free tplink ac1200 i remove it immediately and replace with tenda ac1900
My suggestion is

Get tenda ac1900 and plug modem direct into the router. Why must you go through ap?

I personally recommend this its a great budgeted high performance router from china.

Attached Image

My previous configuration i get 3 bar wifi signal with my new configuration 5 bars.

This router will support your 100mbps no worries.
Because my modem is downstairs. I wanted to remain the modem downstairs so I dint pull the fibre cable, I pulled a lan cable upstairs instead. The lan cable allows my router/AP to be positioned more center of the house instead of downstairs which is more left sided of the house. But if I put the router upstairs I am afraid there will still be some dead spots. So I am thinking of putting another router (TP-Link) downstairs to cover those dead spots.
Theoutspokenguy
post May 19 2018, 03:21 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ May 19 2018, 03:03 PM)
Because my modem is downstairs. I wanted to remain the modem downstairs so I dint pull the fibre cable, I pulled a lan cable upstairs instead. The lan cable allows my router/AP to be positioned more center of the house instead of downstairs which is more left sided of the house. But if I put the router upstairs I am afraid there will still be some dead spots. So I am thinking of putting another router (TP-Link) downstairs to cover those dead spots.
This router i mentioned the signal is very strong with the beam forming it should able to cover alot blind spot. So i was thinking why not you try it first before setting up an ap
TSberrycoo~
post May 19 2018, 04:54 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 19 2018, 03:21 PM)
This router i mentioned the signal is very strong with the beam forming it should able to cover alot blind spot. So i was thinking why not you try it first before setting up an ap
Ok got it. Then I shall proceed to get a better router first. And I noticed the wireless adapters do make a difference. With those cheap USB wireless adapter, speed is real slow but when I use back my DWA566, I can get close to full speed. So I guess good wireless adapter do make a difference.
Theoutspokenguy
post May 19 2018, 07:55 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(berrycoo~ @ May 19 2018, 04:54 PM)
Ok got it. Then I shall proceed to get a better router first. And I noticed the wireless adapters do make a difference. With those cheap USB wireless adapter, speed is real slow but when I use back my DWA566, I can get close to full speed. So I guess good wireless adapter do make a difference.
Yes wireless adapter very important like why your samsung phone fast because receiver.

That why i went for dlink twa192 because its the best currently and its not that expensive less than 200 ans i gonna use everyday. Gaming ping only 2ms previous suddenly can spike. Was so annoyed

I just decided just invest and so glad i did. No more disconnecting, spiking or even lag

This post has been edited by Theoutspokenguy: May 19 2018, 07:57 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:19 PM