Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Approaching someone at work (Advice Needed)

views

TSturtles_tszx
post Apr 20 2018, 11:38 PM, updated 6y ago

16 posts

Hi Guys, need some advice on whether i should just give up or continue approaching my crush.

I met someone in office but we're from different team and dont really interact as the office is quite big and not knowing everyone is pretty norm despite same floor. I courageously approach him with the pretense of exchanging locker, i didnt need to but i wanted to talk to him so bad and for him to notice me. The tactic kinda work bcos we started to smile at each other.. And after 2 weeks of smiling etc, i saw him and made a small talk on general topic..

But my concern is that im the one who is only asking him question and he didnt even ask me anything at all. So i kinda get the idea that he's not interested in me at all. So should i just give up? I dont want to be the annoying girl who keep asking question and not getting the hint.
mamao
post Apr 21 2018, 12:34 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

just be natural converse with him...if you push him too far maybe he will sense your urgency and might turn him off
TSturtles_tszx
post Apr 21 2018, 08:19 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(mamao @ Apr 21 2018, 12:34 AM)
just be natural converse with him...if you push him too far maybe he will sense your urgency and might turn him off
Thanks for the advice.. Im trying my best to avoid being too desperate and annoying. I had 2 guys doing that and i really dont want him to feel the same way to me.
It's my first time approaching someone and im just unsure, should i continue or should i back off. He seems more friendlier compared to our first talk 3 weeks ago, but he doesnt ask me any question back.

I felt that i was being careful? I didnt try to chase and talk when i see him.Approached and talked to him for the second time bcos we were at the same place coincidentally and none of us rushing.
ashleemak
post Apr 21 2018, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
252 posts

Remember why he approach you at first, because you were being you. So many people lose sight of that and try to change their way to impress or pleases that person.

Just be natural and be YOU.
TSturtles_tszx
post Apr 21 2018, 09:57 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(ashleemak @ Apr 21 2018, 08:36 AM)
Remember why he approach you at first, because you were being you. So many people lose sight of that and try to change their way to impress or pleases that person.

Just be natural and be YOU.
Actually i was the one who approached him first... he didnt brush me off when i ask and talk to him but my concern is that he never asked me back any question. To me, it feels that he does not have any interest in me. So im in dilemma, should i give up (not wanting to be the girl who cant take the hint) or should i cautiously talk to him when the time is right, i wont simply jump and talk to him all the time.. only depending on the time and situation.
ListenToTheWind
post Apr 21 2018, 10:17 AM

Casual
383 posts

Yes, sound like he is not interested for many reasons, such as you’re not his type, he prefer not to shit at where he eat or he is taken. Or there is a super minimal chance that he is super shy, the type that stone when approach by amoi cute.
laucn
post Apr 21 2018, 08:47 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

come, my office have plenty lockers. haha...

as a guy who are shy, and not proactive in relationship, i am waiting for a girl to ask if i already eaten, can car pool with me to Dengkil for lunch or not...
then if i act gentlemen and friendly to you, you may pretend your friend can't make it for the weekend action movie would i able to join so that dont waste the tics...

lesboman
post Apr 21 2018, 11:09 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(turtles_tszx @ Apr 20 2018, 11:38 PM)
Hi Guys, need some advice on whether i should just give up or continue approaching my crush.

I met someone in office but we're from different team and dont really interact as the office is quite big and not knowing everyone is pretty norm despite same floor. I courageously approach him with the pretense of exchanging locker, i didnt need to but i wanted to talk to him so bad and for him to notice me. The tactic kinda work bcos we started to smile at each other.. And after 2 weeks of smiling etc, i saw him and made a small talk on general topic..

But my concern is that im the one who is only asking him question and he didnt even ask me anything at all. So i kinda get the idea that he's not interested in me at all. So should i just give up? I dont want to be the annoying girl who keep asking question and not getting the hint.
Is he single????

If he is then just make the move!

Girls who make the move almost always get the guys they want =)
TSturtles_tszx
post Apr 21 2018, 11:46 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(laucn @ Apr 21 2018, 08:47 PM)
come, my office have plenty lockers. haha...

as a guy who are shy, and not proactive in relationship, i am waiting for a girl to ask if i already eaten, can car pool with me to Dengkil for lunch or not...
then if i act gentlemen and friendly to you, you may pretend your friend can't make it for the weekend action movie would i able to join so that dont waste the tics...
I would do the same to him if he give me the green light but he doesnt seems so. I mean people in general wont like if someone you're not interested pursuing you, it would feel very constricted? You had to layan someone for the sake of being nice and polite when actually you be like urgh this person again.

QUOTE(lesboman @ Apr 21 2018, 11:09 PM)
Is he single????

If he is then just make the move!

Girls who make the move almost always get the guys they want =)
He seems to be single and i am making the move but im hesitating whether should i should continue bcos he didnt really ask anything to me back when we had our second talk. I really dont want him to feel burdensome when he see me.
lesboman
post Apr 22 2018, 12:01 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(turtles_tszx @ Apr 21 2018, 11:46 PM)
I would do the same to him if he give me the green light but he doesnt seems so. I mean people in general wont like if someone you're not interested pursuing you, it would feel very constricted? You had to layan someone for the sake of being nice and polite when actually you be like urgh this person again.
He seems to be single and i am making the move but im hesitating whether should i should continue bcos he didnt really ask anything to me back when we had our second talk. I really dont want him to feel burdensome when he see me.
What move are you making anyway?

lol well there's only two scenarios here.. you make the move it goes well.. orr .. you make the move and he rejects you.

Can you cope with him rejecting you? if yes then just make the damn move.

If not, then... good luck.
TSturtles_tszx
post Apr 22 2018, 12:26 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(lesboman @ Apr 22 2018, 12:01 AM)
What move are you making anyway?

lol well there's only two scenarios here.. you make the move it goes well.. orr .. you make the move and he rejects you.

Can you cope with him rejecting you? if yes then just make the damn move.

If not, then... good luck.
To me, im making the move by approaching and talking to him.. It's my first time approaching a guy so i dont really want to messes it up. I actually wanted to just ask him to go out for a date, but everyone said i look too desperate by doing that. I mean i would feel the same if a guy i barely know suddenly ask me out for a date.
ymc2303
post Apr 22 2018, 05:11 PM

On my way
592 posts

QUOTE(turtles_tszx @ Apr 20 2018, 11:38 PM)

if he feels the same as you do, he will react. if not, don't act desperate.
TSturtles_tszx
post Apr 22 2018, 06:28 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(ymc2303 @ Apr 22 2018, 05:11 PM)
if he feels the same as you do, he will react. if not, don't act desperate.
Ok cool thanks for the advice.. i decided to just lay low and focus on my work. No use being desperate haha.
shinchan^^
post Apr 23 2018, 12:00 PM

K66
All Stars
21,256 posts

do no shit where u eat

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:48 PM