Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware USB Mic have static sound, Blue Snowball Mic

views

TSFlamingR
post Apr 20 2018, 04:05 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
324 posts

I have this Blue Snowball mic for roughly 2 years now. During the early years it seemed to work flawlessly. But now it will have static noise when I use it. I believe it could be the static build up from the computer. My PC specs is in my signature. I have tried reinstalling audio driver, switching to different USB ports(front/back), it worked a while then will resume picking up static noises. I have tried on a macbook has no static so I can confirm its not the mic problem.

I am thinking should I
1. Upgrade and get a better motherboard that can isolate static noise(special audio section) or are they just marketing gimmick? Might as well do a system upgrade to Ryzen 2/ Intel Coffee lake?
2. Get an external DAC that supports USB MIC? Does this even help?
3. A soundcard like Asus Sonar?

This problem has been troubling me when I want to game and communicate with friends. Please help. bangwall.gif
ashleemak
post Apr 21 2018, 09:14 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

Does your computer has an audio driver like Realtek one for example?
They'll have option to reduce or eliminate static.

Have you try to plug your microphone into another system to see if the problem still persist?

Sound card will definitely help, not sure about DAC though don't have personal exprience with it yet.

Anyway, my guess of the problem would be issues with your driver.
Left4Dead2
post Apr 23 2018, 10:26 AM

Regular
1,085 posts

U need that kind of mic for what purpose ?

Buy new mic better
TSFlamingR
post Apr 23 2018, 11:14 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(ashleemak @ Apr 21 2018, 09:14 PM)
Does your computer has an audio driver like Realtek one for example?
They'll have option to reduce or eliminate static.

Have you try to plug your microphone into another system to see if the problem still persist?

Sound card will definitely help, not sure about DAC though don't have personal exprience with it yet.

Anyway, my guess of the problem would be issues with your driver.
At the moment have Realtek driver installed from official site. I have mentioned that I have tried on my other MacBook before but no issues. This static sometimes have sometimes don't which is very frustrating.

Thanks for your input, I'll try reinstalling drivers.
TSFlamingR
post Apr 23 2018, 11:18 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Apr 23 2018, 10:26 AM)
U need that kind of mic for what purpose ?

Buy new mic better
Back then I purchased the mic was because it can record my voice clearly and I am using a speaker along with it. Now really considering to get a new headset if this issue persist. However I am also not sure if I get the new headset will have this problem as well..
ashleemak
post Apr 23 2018, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

QUOTE(FlamingR @ Apr 23 2018, 11:14 AM)
At the moment have Realtek driver installed from official site. I have mentioned that I have tried on my other MacBook before but no issues. This static sometimes have sometimes don't which is very frustrating.

Thanks for your input, I'll try reinstalling drivers.
Alright do update if it's not fixing the issue, we can dwelve deeper into the issue. Good day to you~

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0110sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:09 AM