Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TTC

views

TSaiyadude
post Apr 20 2018, 03:51 PM, updated 6y ago

48 posts

Hi All,

Me & wife are TTC for the past 3 years. We've had 3 miscarriage whereby there is no heartbeat during week 8-10 ( before that heartbeat exist). We went to Dr. Raman (FMGC) and was intro to Dr Prasanth (KL Fertility).
We did all the require blood test (chromosome, vitamin D etc etc) and we both are in good condition according to result. Also during pregnancy my wife is on Metformin.

1. According to Doc, IVF is just to help couple to conceive. Miscarriage is another issue. Maybe somebody can clarify on this.
2. Doc advise us to try again , but I cant bear to see my wife disappoint again. This time, Doc advise to take a med to increase wife Vitamin D (along with Metformin).

I'm not sure if anyone gone thru the same situation as we are facing now.
Your advise,experience & view is much appreciated.

SUSslimey
post Apr 20 2018, 07:49 PM

6,914 posts

most of the time, miscarriage is due to chromosomal defect of the embryo.
not much you can do.
quebix
post Apr 21 2018, 09:16 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

you should be thankful that your wife can get pregnant.

some people cant even get pregnant.

about miscarriage, thats another issue.

3 times miscarriage? all 3 during 8 to 10 weeks?

besides the chromosomal defect or the chromosome incompatibility between you and wife, there are other things that you can work on.

make sure ur wife dont do heavy / stressful work. No heavy lifting. especially in the early stages, until 2nd trimester then more or less safer.

Metformin is for diabetes? Im sure if doc give it, its safe for pregnancy.

Your wife can take other supplements to help embryo "stick" and grow.
My wife used IBERET (it contains folic acid, very important. plus other things to have a healthy pregnancy)

also for the baby and mom, she also take Calcium with vit d3 and Fish Oil.

pooi_pooi1
post Apr 23 2018, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
249 posts

In this case, Metformin is given for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) unlikely for diabetes. PCOS usually happens in women who are overweight. Perhaps you might want to advise your wife to lose some weight before trying to conceive again.

You did not mention about Haemoglobin (Hb) level during the three miscarriages. Low Hb level will cause less red blood cells in body to carry oxygenated blood to the embryo and consequently lead to miscarriage. As mention in previous post, just add iron supplement (such as IBERET) can help to increase Hb level in the body. However, remember to avoid taking calcium and iron supplement at the same time because it can cause poor absorption of iron.

Just my humble opinion.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:55 PM