Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

136 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The AVENGERS: Movie Series Thread, Next: Avengers: Infinity War 25/4/2018 (Movies)

views

Araes
post Jun 16 2008, 03:01 AM

10 posts

Sorry to say that Spider-Man, X-men or FF won't be making it to the Avengers movie anytime soon. Those properties are all still tied to Sony and Fox for the foreseeable future and they will keep making those movies with more shitty storylines. I can't wait till the rights revert back to Marvel.
TSfiredauz
post Sep 30 2008, 12:08 PM

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

Sauce: http://www.paramountpictures.com

Marvel Studios and Paramount Extend Distribution Agreement

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios today announced an agreement under which Paramount will distribute Marvel's next five self-produced feature films on a worldwide basis. The deal, an extension of the original agreement made by Brad Grey when he arrived as CEO and Chairman of Paramount Pictures, includes theatrical distribution in foreign territories previously serviced by Marvel through local distribution entities (Japan, Germany, France, Spain and Australia/New Zealand). The distribution pact capitalizes on Marvel and Paramount's successful efforts with Iron Man, which has grossed $574 million worldwide for Marvel.

The highly anticipated live action releases include Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010), Thor (July 16, 2010), The First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011), and The Avengers (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes Iron Man 3.

"Coming off of 'Iron Man's' incredible success this summer, we could not be more excited about extending our relationship with Marvel," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. "Marvel's iconic brand, its popular characters and its proven ability to create compelling and visually spellbinding films complement Paramount's great history of filmmaking. We look forward to a long and successful run together."

"Paramount is an excellent partner and an outstanding global distributor," said David Maisel, Chairman of Marvel Studios. "Through our experience on 'Iron Man,' Paramount has demonstrated a passion and ability to release Marvel properties theatrically, allowing us to focus on making great movies for the largest audience possible."

Marvel's Iron Man, starring Robert Downey Jr. and directed by Jon Favreau, was distributed by Paramount earlier this year and was one of the top films of 2008. The DVD, including a version in Blu-ray, will be released on September 30, 2008.

Paramount just got a sweeet deal up until 2011 biggrin.gif
JonSpark
post Sep 30 2008, 01:22 PM

Bryn
4,504 posts

QUOTE(cymon @ May 7 2008, 06:56 PM)
where is ghost rider?
daredevil? electra? blade? xmen? fantastic four?
Ghost Rider is not part of the Avenger. His relation with them is through The Champions and new Fantastic Four. He is not part of the SHRA in Civl War (compiled list of criminals), doesnt mean he's one of the Avenger fugitives.

Daredevil, Elektra and Blade (Midnight Sons with 2GRs, other than that....nope) are also not part of Avengers.

Wolverine at one point joined the group, but left. Forgot which comic???? He's against the SHRA in Civil War so..... doh.gif
hyperx
post Sep 30 2008, 05:37 PM

||Lunatica||
1,165 posts

just watched Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow.. lol.. again the hulk save the day
looks like the hulk going to be the savior again in the 2011 movie
JonSpark
post Sep 30 2008, 09:23 PM

Bryn
4,504 posts

QUOTE(hyperx @ Sep 30 2008, 05:37 PM)
just watched Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow.. lol.. again the hulk save the day
looks like the hulk going to be the savior again in the 2011 movie
I'd rather see Hulk as the villian at the beginning of the movie. Spider-man and the other Avengers tried to stop him but failed, film progress.......
Calvin871989
post Oct 14 2008, 04:09 AM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/10/09/iron-...engers-villain/
http://www.joblo.com/hulk-to-be-a-villain

Hulk to be a villain?

user posted image

IRON MAN screenwriter Mark Fergus spoke to MTV about his belief that the Hulk should be the villain in the upcoming AVENGERS movie that is being built towards:

"I hope ‘The Avengers’ embraces that... You don’t want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where’s the fun in that? Let’s break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it’s based on love and friendship and that’s always the worst thing to have turn bad — is someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in.”

Louis Leterrier added:

“I left the door open for whoever’s going to direct ‘The Avengers’ with our last shot. Edward [Norton] and I, we consciously decided to make the last shot of the movie when he opens his eyes and he smirks at the camera... Is he enjoying it? Is he malicious? That’s what’s great about Edward. You don’t know if he’s a good guy or bad guy. He’s always on this edge and we’ve been sort of surfing that edge, that very thin edge during the entire movie.”

This, in my opinion, is an excellent choice. But what do you guys think?

Extra Tidbit: Leterrier sees the scene with Stark and General Ross in the bar as the first scene of THE AVENGERS.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-Beast-M...gers-10507.html

The Beast May Be Unleashed As The Villain In The Avengers

user posted image

Can the big green be mean? Well, we know the Hulk can be easily misunderstood, but can he be evil enough to end up as the villain in the highly anticipated movie, The Avengers? According to MTV’s Splash Page, some seasoned players in the Marvel Film Universe are pushing for the film’s ultimate superhero team to battle a fellow hero, rather than a pure villain.

Iron Man writers Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby told MTV News they would be all for making the Hulk the bad guy. When you have a team of powerhouse superheroes like Iron Man, Ant-Man, Thor and Captain America, you can’t just have any old villain for them to take down. Fergus agrees. “You don’t want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where’s the fun in that? Let’s break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it’s based on love and friendship and that’s always the worst thing to have turn bad — is someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in.” I couldn’t agree more. Without such an interesting plot twist, most comic book movies would be much too similar: the good guy takes down the bad guy. Pretty cut and dry. But with so many Hulkamaniacs out there and there already being sufficient background information on the character with the recent release of The Incredible Hulk, any audience member would be likely to feel the pain of a friend turned foe.

The Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier, even left this opportunity open for whoever becomes the director of The Avengers. Leterrier wanted the audience to see the Hulk open his eyes and smile, leaving them wondering whether or not he is actually vicious. Leterrier didn’t stop there. He dubbed the scene during which General Ross and Tony Stark meet the first scene of The Avengers.

I’m not as well schooled in the comic book world as many of you out there, but this idea does seem to have potential. By convoluting the story with such as twist, plot development could be unlimited. So, the Hulk is a green light for me, but, then again, I am open to hearing more suggestions. And, considering the fact that The Avengers isn’t due until 2011, I’m sure there will be.

This post has been edited by Calvin871989: Oct 14 2008, 10:15 AM
JonSpark
post Oct 15 2008, 05:51 AM

Bryn
4,504 posts

WTF?!? ^^^^^Dream come true laugh.gif
tech_frix
post Oct 15 2008, 07:05 AM

Boo Yah!
5,626 posts

the new cartoons oso not bad...
TSfiredauz
post Oct 15 2008, 10:00 AM

876 posts

In the cartoon, Hulk was potrayed as the villain, and it works well.
With the same formula turned into live action, and with proven success of Iron Man and Incredible Hulk movie, I think the idea will continue to be awesome biggrin.gif
tech_frix
post Oct 15 2008, 10:15 AM

Boo Yah!
5,626 posts

QUOTE(firedauz @ Oct 15 2008, 10:00 AM)
In the cartoon, Hulk was potrayed as the villain, and it works well.
With the same formula turned into live action, and with proven success of Iron Man and Incredible Hulk movie, I think the idea will continue to be awesome biggrin.gif
u read my mind clearly...
still remember tony stark and general want to join forces...
to defeat Hulk maybe??
but i really love d cartoons!!!! rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
Cho_Hakkai
post Oct 15 2008, 07:51 PM

Casual
426 posts

What about these character from X-Men who are part of the Avenger:

Beast
Quicksilver
Scalet Witch
cyfc29
post Oct 16 2008, 06:42 AM

39 posts

I think the Hulk as a villain would be awesome. Have you read World War Hulk? Amazing comic. Hulk is pure strength. Brute all da way! Nothing can stop him at all.
JonSpark
post Oct 16 2008, 11:46 AM

Bryn
4,504 posts

QUOTE(Cho_Hakkai @ Oct 15 2008, 07:51 PM)
What about these character from X-Men who are part of the Avenger:

Beast
Quicksilver
Scalet Witch
walau eh! 1st live action Avenger movie already want to intro characters like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? shakehead.gif

QUOTE(cyfc29 @ Oct 16 2008, 06:42 AM)
I think the Hulk as a villain would be awesome. Have you read World War Hulk? Amazing comic. Hulk is pure strength. Brute all da way! Nothing can stop him at all.
Ghost Rider can beat him......but too bad Johnny Blaze was in control that time. Dr. Strange said both Hulk and GR are godlike. flex.gif
RyanAtwood
post Oct 30 2008, 09:06 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008102...2530896000.html

good news guys...the avengers has just appointed jon favreau as the exec producer n seeing how good he was with ironman...i must say that the avengers movie would totally kick ass!!!!can't wait 4 2011!!!!also Robert Downey Jr has also signed on 4 the avengers....
TSfiredauz
post Oct 30 2008, 09:10 AM

876 posts

QUOTE(RyanAtwood @ Oct 30 2008, 09:06 AM)
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008102...2530896000.html

good news guys...the avengers has just appointed jon favreau as the exec producer n seeing how good he was with ironman...i must say that the avengers movie would totally kick ass!!!!can't wait 4 2011!!!!also Robert Downey Jr has also signed on 4 the avengers....
Awesome news indeed biggrin.gif

And according to one of Calvin's thread, Dr Strange *might* make an appearance as well, since a mystical being like Thor can be in the Avenger movie.
RyanAtwood
post Oct 30 2008, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(firedauz @ Oct 30 2008, 09:10 AM)
Awesome news indeed biggrin.gif

And according to one of Calvin's thread, Dr Strange *might* make an appearance as well, since a mystical being like Thor can be in the Avenger movie.
wow...that would be cool too...i just hope the director that they will appoint for the movie would do justice to the greatest superhero team ever!!! rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
Calvin871989
post Nov 28 2008, 11:12 PM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/11/25/rober...-going-to-suck/

Robert Downey Jr. On ‘Avengers’ Movie: ‘If We Don’t Get It Right, It’s Really Going To Suck’

This week, MTV News named Robert Downey Jr. as the actor we’re most thankful for this year, and we here at Splash Page couldn’t agree more. After all, not only has Downey taken the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man and made it his own, there doesn’t seem to be an actor more excited about not only his place in comics-based films, but the future of the genre as well.

The internet damn-near gave the actor a standing ovation when news broke last month about Downey not only signing on for “Iron Man 2,” but also officially joining the cast of the absurdly-anticipated “Avengers” movie. So naturally, we had to get Downey’s take on the upcoming film that’s destined to be the Holy Grail for Geekdom, and you can rest assured knowing that the actor is well-aware of how important the film will be to not only Marvel, but the comics community as a whole.

“If we don’t get it right it’s really, really going to suck,” said Downey. “It has to be the crowning blow of Marvel’s best and brightest because it’s the hardest thing to get right. It’s tough to spin all the plates for one of these characters.”

However, in taking on the role of a key member of the Avengers to such digital fanfare, Downey has in a sense become the face of the operation — at least until other Marvel films such as “Captain America” and “Thor” get made (and, likewise, until Marvel figures out how to handle the Hulk). To a lesser actor, this seems like an insurmountable amount of pressure, but Downey remains level-headed, and like any good soldier, knows he’s got a job to do, knows he’s already got a solid team at his side, and looks forward to seeing how the other films will play into the “Avengers.”

“I think its important that I do what I’m supposed to do which is keep my side of the street clean,” said Downey. “The danger you run with colliding all these worlds is [director] Jon [Favreau] was very certain that ‘Iron Man’ should be set in a very realistic world. Nothing that happened in ‘Iron Man’ is really outside the realm of possibility. Once you start talking about Valhalla and supersized super soldiers and jolly green giants it warrants much further discussion.”

Never one to shy away from speaking his mind, Downey had plenty more to say not only just in terms of comic films, but his upcoming slate as well. Read more of Robert Downey Jr.’s thoughts on his past, present and future projects (and why we’re so thankful for him) at MTV.com.

Do you agree with Downey’s thoughts on the challenges facing an “Avengers” movie? Are you excited to see him playing the role of Tony Stark for the foreseeable future? We wanna hear from you in the comments!

TSfiredauz
post Mar 13 2009, 11:36 AM

876 posts

New release date: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53649

From July 15, 2011 change to May 4, 2012.
Calvin871989
post Jan 28 2010, 01:38 AM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

Kevin Feige Confirms Line-Up For The Avengers: http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/27/kevin-...r-the-avengers/
Calvin871989
post Mar 3 2010, 04:00 PM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

http://twitter.com/JoeQuesada/status/9893127178

JoeQuesada: Definition of "goose bumps." Pressing enter and watching a screenplay entitled "AVENGERS" come out of my printer.

Briefly: Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada has confirmed on Twitter that screenwriter Zak Penn has turned in a first draft of the big screen adaptation of The Avengers. The film currently has a release date scheduled for May 4th 2012.

136 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0385sec    2.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 10:37 PM