Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

is stpm a bad choice?

views

TSEdminxd
post Apr 18 2018, 02:05 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
61 posts

as you can see from the title, is it really a bad choice?
i got an offer for form 6. but idk like stpm is my last option

should i go for it or not?
nebula87
post Apr 18 2018, 02:19 PM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

IMO, STPM is useless to me.

but if you have the confidence to get better score in STPM, you can proceed into local U.

Do you have any courses that you like to study? go check the IPTS courses.

TSEdminxd
post Apr 18 2018, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Apr 18 2018, 02:19 PM)
IMO, STPM is useless to me.

but if you have the confidence to get better score in STPM, you can proceed into local U.

Do you have any courses that you like to study? go check the IPTS courses.
oh its useless? how come, explain plz
nebula87
post Apr 18 2018, 02:28 PM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

QUOTE(Edminxd @ Apr 18 2018, 02:24 PM)
oh its useless? how come, explain plz
It depends on you.

for my case, I wasted 2 years studying form 6 but didnt do well in STPM. so i cant go into IPTA but end up pursue my programming dream with IPTS.

internaldisputes
post Apr 18 2018, 03:02 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Do you know what you want to be yet? My youngest sister didn't do too well in SPM and continued studying in STPM and recently she was announced the best student at her school. It doesn't matter where and what you study as long as you put your heart in it, nothing will be useless.
Just Visiting By
post Apr 18 2018, 03:23 PM

Regular
1,828 posts

Studying STPM was the best decision I had ever made.

It's not really the result that really matters. It's the whole one-and-a-half-year journey, hardship and suffering which I went through with my friends and the joy we had that made my form 6 life incredibly memorable.

Sure, the studying part was really tough and torturous, but if you put in enough effort (and be prepared to make some sacrifices), the sweet end result will worth everything you've sacrificed.

TSEdminxd
post Apr 18 2018, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Apr 18 2018, 03:02 PM)
Do you know what you want to be yet? My youngest sister didn't do too well in SPM and continued studying in STPM and recently she was announced the best student at her school. It doesn't matter where and what you study as long as you put your heart in it, nothing will be useless.
No. i have no idea what i am going to be. actually stpm is my last choice.
TSEdminxd
post Apr 18 2018, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(Just Visiting By @ Apr 18 2018, 03:23 PM)
Studying STPM was the best decision I had ever made.

It's not really the result that really matters. It's the whole one-and-a-half-year journey, hardship and suffering which I went through with my friends and the joy we had that made my form 6 life incredibly memorable.

Sure, the studying part was really tough and torturous, but if you put in enough effort (and be prepared to make some sacrifices), the sweet end result will worth everything you've sacrificed.
thats nice i really appreciate this. thank you!!!!! biggrin.gif
regan96
post Apr 18 2018, 03:29 PM

On my way
581 posts

From my opinion it all depends on how you study. STPM is no joke if you play around cause you need to put in effort. STPM is far best the best educational decision I have mad. Why? Because first you have a chance of going into Public U (I got UMS but didnt take up the offer), secondly it widens your range to what you want to study and three (IMO) when you go into any university you will find the exam paper a little easier than the students who didnt take STPM.
ctys2012
post Apr 18 2018, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

go for it, do well, study IPTA, saves alot of money, make it worth ur hardship.

if you feel its a waste of time but want to continue study by all means fork out alot of money and get a degree in some IPTS
TSEdminxd
post Apr 18 2018, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(regan96 @ Apr 18 2018, 03:29 PM)
From my opinion it all depends on how you study. STPM is no joke if you play around cause you need to put in effort. STPM is far best the best educational decision I have mad. Why? Because first you have a chance of going into Public U (I got UMS but didnt take up the offer), secondly it widens your range to what you want to study and three (IMO) when you go into any university you will find the exam paper a little easier than the students who didnt take STPM.
thank you!! i will definitely do my best
junjunlee90
post Apr 20 2018, 04:46 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(Edminxd @ Apr 18 2018, 02:05 PM)
as you can see from the title, is it really a bad choice?
i got an offer for form 6. but idk like stpm is my last option

should i go for it or not?
not sure stpm is good or not.
If you are already in, then just study hard.

From what I saw, I saw some people after form 6 still go to college.
they need spend more years and start over again in college.
If you worries about money, you can go college and study hard and get full or half scholar from college or whatever scholar outside there.

Good luck.
zeng
post Apr 21 2018, 09:46 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

If you aren't going for competitive courses like medicine/dentistry .....go for it ........
more so if your financials are a bit tight and are academically prepared to slog through it.
Michael_Light
post Apr 21 2018, 10:05 AM

Casual
473 posts

If you want IPTA then you basically have no choice. Otherwise just go for A-Level.
Eunnnb
post Apr 22 2018, 08:17 AM

8 posts

if you do well it’s really worth it.
Eunnnb
post Apr 22 2018, 08:24 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(junjunlee90 @ Apr 20 2018, 04:46 PM)
not sure stpm is good or not.
If you are already in, then just study hard.
From what I saw, I saw some people after form 6 still go to college.
they need spend more years and start over again in college.
If you worries about money, you can go college and study hard and get full or half scholar from college or whatever scholar outside there.

Good luck.
I don’t think they need to spend many years in college. Bcs after stpm they wil go straight to degree if they want to further study. Stpm is a pre-uni program like matrics or asasi.

Students coming from form 6 in my uni are all favored by lecturers. They perform better than those coming from foundations & matrics.
junjunlee90
post Apr 23 2018, 01:42 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(Eunnnb @ Apr 22 2018, 08:24 AM)
I don’t think they need to spend many years in college. Bcs after stpm they wil go straight to degree if they want to further study. Stpm is a pre-uni program like matrics or asasi.

Students coming from form 6 in my uni are all favored by lecturers. They perform better than those coming from foundations & matrics.
Agree for some.
Maybe that for success cases, I saw fail case just start over again.
ezboyz
post Apr 23 2018, 05:42 PM

45 posts

I graduated from STPM in 2016.. then went overseas to work for a year before coming back. STPM is undoubtedly the best time of my life, the only regret i have is not trying harder to score better results. I'm 22 and all i have left now is a mediocre STPM cert and looking for a part time degree programme

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:59 AM