Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] Disconnect ASTRO BYOND / moving to another c, ASTRO

views

TSVannM
post Apr 17 2018, 08:45 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
66 posts

Hi. I want to ask about 2 things;

1. How to disconnect astro byond (unsubscribe/potong)? Whats the requirement or something related to it? I heard that some complaint that the bill still coming eventhough already cut the astro; they have to complaint directly to MCMC (SKMM).

2. Can we move our astro to another city? Let say, from miri to kuching. Is there any procedure? Can we move it by ourselves?

This question is my fathers, so pardon him (and myself; i dont use astro much, always on phone and laptop)

Thanks!
TSVannM
post Apr 18 2018, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Anyone?
BladeRider
post Apr 18 2018, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

why not u try astro live chat? they respond almost immediately.
Just recently I asked them the procedure to move the astro from kl to jb.

They can arrange 3rd party technician to help u remove the "plate". then u sendiri bring it to the other state. then they will arrange another technician from that state help u reinstall.

With changes for both side of cause.

This post has been edited by BladeRider: Apr 18 2018, 05:35 PM
TSVannM
post Apr 19 2018, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Yeah. Yesterday got chance to ask my father, he said that cut astro is priority one; if the requirement to cut it so troublesome, then can consider moving it to another city (his kampung).

Btw, tried chatting with astro fb, and they ask the detail (name ic account number etc) for disconnection, is it believable? My father has faced so many hardship for almost his age, and i dont want this "simple" shit to trouble to his now "peaceful-normaly" retired life.

Thanks!
1234kingbling
post Apr 19 2018, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

Bro, do it over the phone. Call them and provide IC number or account number. And ask to disconnect/close account. Just have to make sure the contract is expired. 2 years i believe. And that should be enough. Get them to send you email of confirmation to disconnect and you keep that as proof. Hope all goes well.
TSVannM
post Apr 19 2018, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Great suggestion! My parent will be back to kampung at 24/25, so i need fast closure to this. Will wait my father to wake up to confirm all of this.

Btw, whats the number?

Thanks!
jesseclane
post Apr 19 2018, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

I just potong astro via chat. Usually they'll advice to potong after bill cycle end.

my case
Oct 2017 - request potong, rejected, CS suggest to wait until next bill cycle since I request to potong in the middle of bill cycle
Nov 2017 - potong via chat. astro terminated.
Dec 2017 - even after potong, bill still coming normally. CS suggest just settle first since they'll reimburse it later.
Jan 2018 - Final bill coming, contact CS to gimme back my moneh. after 3 days get back my moneh.

sekian

edit: astro first time relocation is free. second time need pay.

This post has been edited by jesseclane: Apr 19 2018, 12:51 PM
s@ni
post Apr 20 2018, 09:24 AM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya
2,814 posts

QUOTE(VannM @ Apr 19 2018, 09:31 AM)
Yeah. Yesterday got chance to ask my father, he said that cut astro is priority one; if the requirement to cut it so troublesome, then can consider moving it to another city (his kampung).

Btw, tried chatting with astro fb, and they ask the detail (name ic account number etc) for disconnection, is it believable? My father has faced so many hardship for almost his age, and i dont want this "simple" shit to trouble to his now "peaceful-normaly" retired life.

Thanks!
i use email. within 24 hours they will confirm, along with phone call
TSVannM
post Apr 20 2018, 10:52 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Yea. After "pushing" my father whether he is really want to cut astro, he admits that he still want to keep it, but since he's already retired (saving money), he's thinking of cutting it.

They (my parent) talked to my little sister, since she has better job and salary, she said she can continue to pay the astro.

So here's the main 2nd question;

Can we move and install the astro unit by ourselves? And by moving it, i mean moving it to another city.

Thanks!
funnyTONE
post Apr 22 2018, 07:37 AM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

QUOTE(VannM @ Apr 20 2018, 10:52 AM)
Yea. After "pushing" my father whether he is really want to cut astro, he admits that he still want to keep it, but since he's already retired (saving money), he's thinking of cutting it.

They (my parent) talked to my little sister, since she has better job and salary, she said she can continue to pay the astro.

So here's the main 2nd question;

Can we move and install the astro unit by ourselves? And by moving it, i mean moving it to another city.

Thanks!
can.
Although dismantling it can be easy, assembling it is another story.
TSVannM
post Apr 22 2018, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

So, we can move it by ourselves la? Ok then. Since my father wanna do it himself, then let him do it.

Plus, our kampung area is so far from main city; 90min - 120min, 100km/h drive with frequent play on brake because of road drainage bump.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 AM