Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

wifikill/netcut victim maybe?, how to know if im a victim of DOS

views

TSduramater2
post Apr 16 2018, 11:25 AM, updated 6y ago

1 posts

Hi Guys,

Im currently dealing with an undesirable housemate situation. long story short : very hard to get payment from a housemate, that housemate got annoyed when asked recently for payment and has a tech savvy partner.

i dont know whether im being attacked by an arp spoofing/dos software like wifikill or netcut. Ive been having trouble connecting my iphone with my home wifi.

it happens only to my phone though and according to google, iphone 6s does have some WiFi connection problems. but recently ive been getting disconnected form my wifi and when i try to connect again it says incorrect wifi password. ok i googled that too and apparently could be an IOS caused problem.

but the weird thing is it happens only when the person is at home and only started recently (the incorrect password and extreme wifi disruption). Yesterday when the person wasn't at home, my connection was ok. but when the person came back i kept getting disconnected and prompted wifi password incorrect.

Then last night up until 2am my phone kept getting disconnected.i literally had to stay in a specific spot last night to minimise the number of times i got disconnected, move a little to the left or right and i would lose connection immediately. This morning (without shutting down my phone or anything) my wifi connection with my phone was normal, i walked all around my room and the connection was strong and good. The person left the house this morning by 6am hence why i have my suspicion.

Im the only iphone user in that house so if you were to target me you would know the only iphone on the list belongs to me. i dont usually bring my laptop back home so i cant verify if its just my iphone or all my other devices plus im usually on my phone in the house anyways.

basically i just would like to know if i am under attack by any sort of ARP spoofing/dos/MITM attack and how in the world can i protect myself.

obviously google has been my good friend here, i have no strong grasp of ARP how it works, the difference between dos and spoofing or the inner mechanism on how you can disrupt someones WiFi connection and showing websites visited by 'grabbed device' and how would a device react to a DOS attack i.e. youre still connected to WiFi but its slow or you get disconnected completely?

also some insight, im an introvert who avoids confrontation hence why i rather just find out how to protect myself rather than confront that person and no, moving out is not an option at this moment.

please please help.
WongGei
post Apr 16 2018, 12:36 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

Interesting story. I remember when I was a kid, I read this story about a guy lost his axe and he suspect the neighbour who steal his axe. When he check, his neighbor walk, talk and eat like a thief. But when he found out the following day, his axe was laying at his back yard, his check out this neighbour again and he looks totally normal.
Cone back to the current world, you need to provide more information to others to enable us to give more advise.
1st, get another device to test.
2nd., Get the permission of the wifi router owner to check the log. Change the Athena position and see.
After you eliminated the physical possibility, then you can work on software possibility of the disruption.

Doraku
post Apr 17 2018, 12:29 PM

Old threads digger
1,121 posts

try changing your pass and wifi ssid,then turn off broadcast ssid, do note that you have to manually enter your ssid,is there is no problem on your wlan connection,so it mean someone messing around with your wifi,and please make sure you change your router gateway pass,

This post has been edited by Doraku: Apr 17 2018, 12:31 PM
ktek
post Apr 17 2018, 12:40 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

scan wifi channel using handphone app., probably crashed signal
junclj
post Apr 17 2018, 01:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

Usually they used to block the WLAN IP address, you can login to 192.168.1.1 to check whether you've been blocked.

My suggestion is change your iPhone wifi connection from automatic to manual. When you are facing connection problem, go to settings, Wi-Fi, (i).

In the Configure IP, switch to Manual. If your router default gateway is 192.168.1.1, then you have to set your IP address within 192.168.1.2 ~ 192.168.1.255. My suggestion is to avoid IP crash. Try 192.168.1.199 or something specific number.

If you current wifi connection is connected to 192.168.1.17, your housemate was blocked this IP. I have to change your iPhone IP address manually to others maybe like 192.168.1.199 above to avoid his block.

If he block your wifi connection again then you should change again let's say 192.168.1.198.

The rest Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0 and Router is 192.168.1.1. Some router like TM router, the default IP is 192.168.0.1. So you have to set your wifi IP as 192.168.0.xxx.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:55 AM