Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

y15zr vs fz150i vs pulsar ns200, which one is better?

views

TSafiesuperb
post Apr 12 2018, 12:00 PM, updated 6y ago

0 posts

Hi , i am travelling to work everyday . the distant is quite far which is 150 km per day. so i would like a suggestion between these three motorcycle which one is better in all aspect.

as for now i am travelling to work by myvi.. i cant afford the petrol and toll expenses because its up to rm 1200 a month. its quite big for me.. i really need suggestion from u all
SUSmonoikhwan
post Apr 12 2018, 12:01 PM

Casual
385 posts

ns200

nefashu
post Apr 12 2018, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

go for ns. For long distant, kapchai might not be good
potsicle
post Apr 12 2018, 12:06 PM

34 posts

i ride y15 and i say go for pulsar
lowpro
post Apr 12 2018, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

NS. The lighted controls look real cool at night! Plus, bigger engine USUALLY means lesser stress for long distances for both machine and rider.
Justin.Loong
post Apr 13 2018, 08:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(afiesuperb @ Apr 12 2018, 12:00 PM)
Hi , i am travelling to work everyday . the distant is quite far which is 150 km per day. so i would like a suggestion between these three motorcycle which one is better in all aspect.

as for now i am travelling to work by myvi.. i cant afford the petrol and toll expenses because its up to rm 1200 a month. its quite big for me.. i  really need suggestion from u all
FZ150i drool.gif brows.gif lust.gif rclxm9.gif
user posted image

user posted image

PedangGila
post Apr 23 2018, 10:32 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

I am currently riding ns200. Nitpick is the left hand control which is too bulky hence with a small palm or hand you might need to loosen the grip to get the turn signal working. Well, signal first then clutch is easy but when you're in tight position be aware of this.

People with 28cm or lower inseam (the inside of a pants from crotch to lowest opening/ankle) cannot flat-footed so one leg on the peg will do the job. Too, you will slightly lean ahead because of the short reach so the weight of the helmet or a loose helmet will play with you. There will be slight pressure on your wrist.

Vibration can be felt at the grips but I havent try this bike for a longer trip than 10km per way so I cant say it will get you in the long run. The bike is light really and tall, giving me a sense wobbly on the first few runs.

Since I own and ride a 650 forward control cruiser, Im kinda used to it so when jumping on this 200cc it felt weird and the power, heh, well better than my kapchai. For me la, I think I will go Y15 route for more towards neutral less cramp seating position but for milage fz150 or ns200 wins.

xswatch
post Apr 23 2018, 10:44 AM

Casual
489 posts

how bout a bike with ABS for extra safety. like modenas rs200 or nvx155. fell down multiple times before on wet road + emergency braking because incoming car swerved to my lane suddenly. without ABS, even u use michelin / pirelli tyres (trust me, i've experienced it) u will fall down. i'm travelling 130km to work daily. used to ride rr150 & r25 before. but sold it because not satisfied with the hard braking performance. then i bought two nvx155 (one for my wife). now happily & confidently riding to work everyday. hehe

This post has been edited by xswatch: Apr 23 2018, 10:46 AM
Justin.Loong
post Apr 23 2018, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(xswatch @ Apr 23 2018, 10:44 AM)
how bout a bike with ABS for extra safety. like modenas rs200 or nvx155. fell down multiple times before on wet road + emergency braking because incoming car swerved to my lane suddenly. without ABS, even u use michelin / pirelli tyres (trust me, i've experienced it) u will fall down. i'm travelling 130km to work daily. used to ride rr150 & r25 before. but sold it because not satisfied with the hard braking performance. then i bought two nvx155 (one for my wife). now happily & confidently riding to work everyday. hehe
You can always upgrade to steel braided brake hose to improve the braking performance. drool.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
user posted image
ajaibman
post Apr 23 2018, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(afiesuperb @ Apr 12 2018, 12:00 PM)

as for now i am travelling to work by myvi.. i cant afford the petrol and toll expenses because its up to rm 1200 a month. its quite big for me.. i  really need suggestion from u all
FZ150i is pretty much known tech and widely available spare parts around Malaysia however the engine tuning is geared more on fuel economy than aggressive stance, unlike his Y15 siblings...

For Bajaj/Modenas NS200.. Offcourse more power and the bike made and tested on the condition worst than Malaysia road, with weird technology such as 3 spark plug and others, not many mechanic bawah pokok in Malaysia knew how to wrench Bajaj NS200...

For keep i would say choose the FZ150i but for fun per KM.. get the NS200 + ABS.. its a life saver .. trust me

xswatch
post Apr 23 2018, 03:30 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Apr 23 2018, 01:59 PM)
FZ150i is pretty much known tech and widely available spare parts around Malaysia  however the engine tuning is geared more on fuel economy than aggressive stance, unlike his Y15 siblings...

For Bajaj/Modenas NS200.. Offcourse more power and the bike made and tested on the condition worst than Malaysia road, with weird technology such as 3 spark plug and others, not many mechanic bawah pokok in Malaysia knew how to wrench Bajaj NS200...

For keep i would say choose the FZ150i but for fun per KM.. get the NS200 + ABS.. its a life saver .. trust me
unfortunately, ns200 sold here does not comes with abs, only rs200 have it. such a pity. modenas should have fitted both with abs. sigh..
amar_arifin
post May 7 2018, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(xswatch @ Apr 23 2018, 03:30 PM)
unfortunately, ns200 sold here does not comes with abs, only rs200 have it. such a pity. modenas should have fitted both with abs. sigh..
then choose RS200..quite nice better angle lean than ktm rc 200..
ayam_kampung
post May 7 2018, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

Personally i go with Y15zr. Just replace the front with bigger tyre (need to mod a little bit front mud guard) then you golden.

Ayam say that because ayam also almost same with you on everyday home to work distance. Use to go work with new proton saga vvt but in the end poket total kering at end of month.

Ayam don't recommend bajaj as one of ayam engineer from india mention most of bajaj motorcycle he saw is only good for 1st year. 2nd year be ready to repair a lot he say due to quality of material is not so good (that what he say lah but ayam have no idea he bluffing or not as ayam just want to share only)
xswatch
post May 7 2018, 05:10 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Apr 23 2018, 11:09 AM)
You can always upgrade to steel braided brake hose to improve the braking performance.  drool.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
user posted image
ABS function is to prevent brake locking, hence the name is ABS (anti-lock brake system. changing to steel braided brake hose / brembo brake caliper / brembo brake disc may improve the braking performance bro. BUT it will not prevent brake locking under hard braking. this is because the ABS system is linked to ur bike ECU. that's why if u google around, many people is looking to add ABS system to their big bike (which does not have in the 1st place, example of bike: kawasaki er6, etc) but there is no way around it, since it's linked to ECU. it's not just plug & play one. the only alternative for them is buy another bike which is fitted with ABS.
Justin.Loong
post May 8 2018, 12:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(xswatch @ May 7 2018, 05:10 PM)
ABS function is to prevent brake locking, hence the name is ABS (anti-lock brake system. changing to steel braided brake hose / brembo brake caliper / brembo brake disc may improve the braking performance bro. BUT it will not prevent brake locking under hard braking. this is because the ABS system is linked to ur bike ECU. that's why if u google around, many people is looking to add ABS system to their big bike (which does not have in the 1st place, example of bike: kawasaki er6, etc) but there is no way around it, since it's linked to ECU. it's not just plug & play one. the only alternative for them is buy another bike which is fitted with ABS.
Totally understand what you are saying. nod.gif

wen94qin
post May 31 2018, 10:53 PM

17 posts

Hi all sifu's
I am struggling either to take a new bike(fz or ns200) or a second hand(fz)
Which one to choose?
Why at JB shops dont have second hand?
Is it the user so violent until the bike spoil easily?
eddyestate
post Jun 5 2018, 11:21 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(wen94qin @ May 31 2018, 10:53 PM)
Hi all sifu's
I am struggling either to take a new bike(fz or ns200) or a second hand(fz)
Which one to choose?
Why at JB shops dont have second hand?
Is it the user so violent until the bike spoil easily?
https://www.mudah.my/Yamaha+FZ150i+2017+GOO...on-66445990.htm
COOLPINK
post Jun 5 2018, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

150km per day i say go for the ns200.
for 150cc can consider honda rs150 also.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:44 PM