Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Extra RM 5 Charge for Billing by Post

views

TSrae
post Apr 7 2018, 03:21 PM, updated 6y ago

25 posts

Would like to asks if anybody have been charged extra RM 5.30 (include GST) for Maxis Fibre / Postpaid for not registering e-billing? And did anybody receive any SMS about the implementation of such charges?

Maxis has billed me the extra RM 5.30 since my Feb'18 bill for Fibre and since Oct'17 bill for Postpaid. When I called up to enquire, they say because I have received bill by post and did not register for e-billing. I have been using maxis for many years and receiving bill by post for many years without such charges, and is pissed that they suddenly impose such charges. Btw I did not receive any SMS about the extra charges after checking all SMS sent by maxis.

I have terminated my Maxis Fibre account today because of this, and changed my postpaid to e-billing. When verifying the switch to ebilling via my email, the Maxis page showed a statement that reads
"Enjoy rebate of RM 10 (Itemised Bill) or RM 5 (Summarised Bill) when you sign-up with eBill. Your bill statement will be sent to your email and it's completely FREE!"

So they charge you extra without your consent, and then call it a rebate later when you register ebill.

Just sharing for awareness. Thanks.

SUS2feidei
post Apr 7 2018, 03:29 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

been few years like this already
poh880
post Apr 9 2018, 03:50 PM

Casual
451 posts

QUOTE(rae @ Apr 7 2018, 03:21 PM)
Would like to asks if anybody have been charged extra RM 5.30 (include GST) for Maxis Fibre / Postpaid for not registering e-billing? And did anybody receive any SMS about the implementation of such charges?

Maxis has billed me the extra RM 5.30 since my Feb'18 bill for Fibre and since Oct'17 bill for Postpaid. When I called up to enquire, they say because I have received bill by post and did not register for e-billing. I have been using maxis for many years and receiving bill by post for many years without such charges, and is pissed that they suddenly impose such charges. Btw I did not receive any SMS about the extra charges after checking all SMS sent by maxis.

I have terminated my Maxis Fibre account today because of this, and changed my postpaid to e-billing. When verifying the switch to ebilling via my email, the Maxis page showed a statement that reads
"Enjoy rebate of RM 10 (Itemised Bill) or RM 5 (Summarised Bill) when you sign-up with eBill. Your bill statement will be sent to your email and it's completely FREE!"

So they charge you extra without your consent, and then call it a rebate later when you register ebill.

Terminate your fibre just because of a RM5.30 charges? rclxms.gif
cfa28
post Apr 12 2018, 10:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,742 posts

QUOTE(poh880 @ Apr 9 2018, 03:50 PM)
Terminate your fibre just because of a RM5.30 charges? rclxms.gif
On principle mah.

More ppl should do this.

Price should be maintained for paper bill and rebate for those who use ebilling
cwm3022
post Apr 18 2018, 02:39 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(rae @ Apr 7 2018, 03:21 PM)

Hey, just download a Maxis App & unsubscribe paper bill will do ~~ Cheers!! brows.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:27 AM