Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Broken hinge on Acer laptop PRICE, How much does it cost to fix acer hinge?

views

TSTrionaLaw
post Apr 5 2018, 11:15 PM, updated 6y ago

2 posts

The past few weeks, the left side of my Acer Aspire E14 laptop's hinge has been making creaking noises everytime I open and close and a small gap formed between the back cover and the screen. I usually just click the gap closed everytime I open and close the lid, and I didn't think much of it bc I thought it's a small problem.

However, this morning, when I was closing my laptop, I heard a small crack and tiny bits of black plastic started falling from the hinge. When I looked at the hinge, I saw that the back cover and the screen has split open and the hinge was hanging out of the laptop. How much does it cost to fix the hinge? My laptop is still under warranty but was told by ACER that they don't cover broken parts (only cover software and internal problems??? which is a bit stupid la) and I need to send my laptop to their service centre to determine how much it costs to fix it.

Just wondering (in case they potong me bc I'm still a student and cannot afford expensive repairs) how much does it cost? Am worried if I bring it to a computer shop it to fix it that it will void my warranty, which is until next year in case anything else happens to my laptop. But in case Highpoint (acer service centre) overcharge me, what do I do?

Would appreciate if anyone can help with some advice on how much and why did this happen?? Was able to force the hinge back into its slot as it's basically completely came out of its slot but am now unable to close it

Acer mode: Acer Aspire E14 (E5-474G-53QG, according to laptop label)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
hoilok
post Apr 5 2018, 11:28 PM

Regular
1,162 posts

fix mine about 200 plus
fireballs
post Apr 5 2018, 11:29 PM

5,627 posts

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/29...n-hinge-problem

report to acer first.. see what they say. maybe can get repair for free, since yours in warranty. maybe manufacturing defect?
AcerMalaysia
post Apr 6 2018, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(TrionaLaw @ Apr 5 2018, 11:15 PM)
The past few weeks, the left side of my Acer Aspire E14 laptop's hinge has been making creaking noises everytime I open and close and a small gap formed between the back cover and the screen. I usually just click the gap closed everytime I open and close the lid, and I didn't think much of it bc I thought it's a small problem.

However, this morning, when I was closing my laptop, I heard a small crack and tiny bits of black plastic started falling from the hinge. When I looked at the hinge, I saw that the back cover and the screen has split open and the hinge was hanging out of the laptop. How much does it cost to fix the hinge? My laptop is still under warranty but was told by ACER that they don't cover broken parts (only cover software and internal problems??? which is a bit stupid la) and I need to send my laptop to their service centre to determine how much it costs to fix it.

Just wondering (in case they potong me bc I'm still a student and cannot afford expensive repairs) how much does it cost? Am worried if I bring it to a computer shop it to fix it that it will void my warranty, which is until next year in case anything else happens to my laptop. But in case Highpoint (acer service centre) overcharge me, what do I do?

Would appreciate if anyone can help with some advice on how much and why did this happen?? Was able to force the hinge back into its slot as it's basically completely came out of its slot but am now unable to close it

Acer mode: Acer Aspire E14 (E5-474G-53QG, according to laptop label)
Hi Triona Law, we would like to look into this. Kindly provide us your name, contact number, email address and serial number for our team to check and advise further. Thank you.
drizzle86
post Apr 6 2018, 10:03 AM

8 posts

under warranty should be no problem. My friend one happen same thing, he just bring to the Sales and Service center at Subang and they fix for him
hassle_horf
post Apr 6 2018, 10:22 AM

5 posts

i dropped mine and the whole screen pecah. Paid only RM400, so yours shouldnt be so bad

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:29 PM