Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

600 or LITRE BIKE, Should I get 600 or a litre bike

views

TS_nytra
post Apr 3 2018, 03:57 PM, updated 6y ago

4 posts

Okay details is, im 18 with b2 license, self trained with motorcycle, I train cornering everyday. I would like to know you guys's opinion on which bike I should get. My uncle is gonna bank me in some cash, approx 3xx k. My first thought is the 2017 r6 because of its slick design and inline 4 engine and is priced at rm114,800. But with that price I can afford to buy a litre bike (s1000rr, panigale 899/959,cbr1000rr) . Fyi yes i've ride a modified ninja 250 before, so i know how sport bike handling is, and i've did a survey on rough cost of r6 maintenance :

Wheels : front rm400, rear rm600
Engine Oil : rm250
Tax: rm250
Insurance : rm3xxx
Fuel : rm36.4 around 210km (rm2.6/litre x 14 litre)
thoughts?

Edit: sorry if i sound like a minor wannabe, actually im 18 and waiting for university calling, looking forward to join my brother up at UteM Melaka and I live here at perak. So main point of getting a super sport bike is running down perak to melaka through highway. I know i should get a car instead but bike is easier to cilok on seasonal highway jam and cause its my hobby being a rider lol

This post has been edited by _nytra: Apr 3 2018, 04:33 PM
nikaizad
post Apr 3 2018, 04:03 PM

Carl Jung Enthusiast
610 posts

sure if you wanna die early, learn how to counter steer on a duke first . Even if the litre bike can tune down the engine its still heavy as fuck, and generally unforgiving.

if you really want a real bike start with an MT-07 and buy a panigale later (maybe after 2 years)
TS_nytra
post Apr 3 2018, 04:20 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(nikaizad @ Apr 3 2018, 04:03 PM)
sure if you wanna die early, learn how to counter steer on a duke first . Even if the litre bike can tune down the engine its still heavy as fuck, and generally unforgiving.

if you really want a real bike start with an MT-07 and buy a panigale later (maybe after 2 years)
Honestly i dislike naked bikes, i prefer full fairing bike. As for basic handling i knoe about basic counter steer, weigh distribution, use rear brake over front brake etc. Just would know should i get a 600 or litre bike for now, and would love to have a full fairing inline 4 bike thanks
frooddor
post Apr 3 2018, 04:45 PM

8 posts

damn ur uncle so nice leh want giv u 300k to buy a bike. so jealous hahah.

if it were me, i go for zx10 becoz i think its easier to steer like 600cc bike. rode before, feel lighter compared to 2009 r1 and cbr1000 fireblade. but i like cbr1000rr look more la.

never try bmw or ducati before. but if want bmw rather than s1000 better gs la. but i think adventure bike not ur type lol

This post has been edited by frooddor: Apr 3 2018, 04:46 PM
nikaizad
post Apr 3 2018, 05:14 PM

Carl Jung Enthusiast
610 posts

QUOTE(_nytra @ Apr 3 2018, 04:20 PM)
Honestly i dislike naked bikes, i prefer full fairing bike. As for basic handling i knoe about basic counter steer, weigh distribution, use rear brake over front brake etc. Just would know should i get a 600 or litre bike for now, and would love to have a full fairing inline 4 bike thanks
i dont know about you, but the 600s seem more practical if you're using it as your only transport. day to day going to class and all that. most of the time if you buy a litre you cant really use more than the first gear around town..

well im more of a cruiser/street kinda guy cause comfort and practicality wins.
Quazacolt
post Apr 3 2018, 05:24 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(_nytra @ Apr 3 2018, 03:57 PM)
Okay details is, im 18 with b2 license, self trained with motorcycle, I train cornering everyday. I would like to know you guys's opinion on which bike I should get. My uncle is gonna bank me in some cash, approx 3xx k. My first thought is the 2017 r6 because of its slick design and inline 4 engine and is priced at rm114,800. But with that price I can afford to buy a litre bike (s1000rr, panigale 899/959,cbr1000rr) . Fyi yes i've ride a modified ninja 250 before, so i know how sport bike handling is, and i've did a survey on rough cost of r6 maintenance :

thoughts?

Edit: sorry if i sound like a minor wannabe, actually im 18 and waiting for university calling, looking forward to join my brother up at UteM Melaka and I live here at perak. So main point of getting a super sport bike is running down perak to melaka through highway. I know i should get a car instead but bike is easier to cilok on seasonal highway jam and cause its my hobby being a rider lol
you dont need 300k to own a liter class supersports.
for the exotics/limited ones, 300k also not enough (BMW HP4 Race, Ducati panigale final edition, Honda RC213V-S etc)

but since you do!
get a b full license
get a full suit/full protection, air bags (since you obviously can afford them) in all your jackets/suits
go to training courses! consider the california superbike school
save up the rest for mishaps/maintenance/tires etc.

wheels (i am assuming tires) is actually more on the 500-600+ front, 600-800+ rear.
dont cheap out on tires, its the only 2 contact between your bike and the road.

engine oil more towards the 300-350 for inline 4, 4 liters of engine oil.
dont cheap out on oil either, overhauling a supersports engine will cost way more than years of engine oil even when you're buying the most expensive oil lol.
Quazacolt
post Apr 3 2018, 05:25 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(_nytra @ Apr 3 2018, 04:20 PM)
this one problem liao.
consider getting better insurance for when you crash and die.

if you don't like that, refer my previous reply.
g3n0c1d3
post Apr 3 2018, 05:31 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,493 posts

well 1st thing is upgrade your license 1st.

2nd - no, a modified 250cc bike is not the same as 600cc or freaking litre bike.
that being said, if u really wanna upgrade to a 600cc or a litre bike its up to u. gotta remember the maintenance for these bike is not like ur modified 250cc. its more freaking expensive. the thing u list is just a fraction of what u going to maintain. consider other things too like yearly maintenance and unwanted things that will bound to happened. dont just think when buying bike its all about just buying, u need to spend all the maintenance too.

personally i wont wanna waste my money by buying a new unused sportsbike since its too expensive. get a 2nd hand with low mileage. there are a lot of barely used superbikes with low mileage and for a good price. just save the money for other things to come.

i dont know how hardcore are u with bikes. if ure the guy who doesnt care about rain or shine and can ride everyday with heavy traffic (because u cant slip tru the traffic due to ur big bike and all) and dont mind spending for ur bike, by all means, get it. however its a waste if u buy a new bike and ride it once in a blue moon.

anyhow, good luck on taking the B full license and hope to see u on the road with ur bike!
ajaibman
post Apr 3 2018, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 3 2018, 05:25 PM)
this one problem liao.
consider getting better insurance for when you crash and die.

if you don't like that, refer my previous reply.
He like to corner sideways.. ..

user posted image
haturaya
post Apr 3 2018, 08:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

Too young to appreciate life... mature up first... Might die early due to xxx
arepit
post Apr 3 2018, 08:51 PM

Casual
397 posts

haih..u thought riding modified 250 is the same as litre bike...

its not even the same as the r6...

zx10 vs rabbit....i might pick rabbit.... zx10 is quite the wild type for me...

TS... get your b full first, r6 should be a good starter bike if you are travelling long distant... but for short ones...good luck
SUSskyblu3
post Apr 3 2018, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(_nytra @ Apr 3 2018, 03:57 PM)

thoughts?

Seriously...if you have concern about the maintenance cost, you may just settle down with a 250.
arepit
post Apr 3 2018, 08:55 PM

Casual
397 posts

oh i forgot about the maintenance and you are still a student?

haih...300k is coming down to the drain real soon i suppose
Eilrach
post Apr 4 2018, 11:19 AM

10 posts

114k for a 600cc bike is way too expensive and you can get a Ducati already with that price plus local warranty. I assume its 114k because its a grey import which won't be covered by Yamaha Malaysia. If you REALLY want a 600cc sportsbike for both highways and track days, I suggest the Ninja 650 as your first B-full bike. Its one of the most affordable 650cc sports bike you can buy, and its covered by local warranty, plus you get alot of freebies.

But honestly, I really wouldn't recommend a 600cc bike as your first bike. Sure you might have some experience with your b2 license, but at 18 years old, you definitely don't have alot of road experience. Going on the highway or city road is not about how good you can corner, its about knowing how to maneuver in traffic and roads that you share with cars and how to avoid bad drivers.
TS_nytra
post Apr 4 2018, 12:40 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(frooddor @ Apr 3 2018, 04:45 PM)
damn ur uncle so nice leh want giv u 300k to buy a bike. so jealous hahah.
He damn rich, everyday he say he too rich dont know what to do , but i cannot complain cause he give me money also hahahaha
TS_nytra
post Apr 4 2018, 12:42 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(nikaizad @ Apr 3 2018, 05:14 PM)
i dont know about you, but the 600s seem more practical if you're using it as your only transport. day to day going to class and all that. most of the time if  you buy a litre you cant really use more than the first gear around town..

well im more of a cruiser/street kinda guy cause comfort and practicality wins.
Yeah i think i agree with your opinion, since i will go back and forth to class maybe litre bike is too much. Any 600cc lineup? Preferably slick looking bike.
TS_nytra
post Apr 4 2018, 12:43 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Apr 3 2018, 08:45 PM)
Too young to appreciate life... mature up first... Might die early due to xxx
I have good self patience, thank you
TS_nytra
post Apr 4 2018, 12:46 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(arepit @ Apr 3 2018, 08:51 PM)
haih..u thought riding modified 250 is the same as litre bike...

its not even the same as the r6...

zx10 vs rabbit....i might pick rabbit.... zx10 is quite the wild type for me...

TS... get your b full first, r6 should be a good starter bike if you are travelling long distant... but for short ones...good luck
I never said it was the same, it gives me a picture of how it feels like eventhough the r6 is 15km/litre compared to ninja 250 around 25km/litre but still i get the idea.
MeToo
post Apr 4 2018, 12:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

Straight go liter bike.

Handling not much difference.

Weight not much difference.

If u get stuck with 600cc... u gonna regret once u go cruising with others cause you have to work so much harder
TS_nytra
post Apr 4 2018, 12:54 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Apr 3 2018, 08:54 PM)
Seriously...if you have concern about the maintenance cost, you may just settle down with a 250.
Yes im concerned about the maintenance cost but i just think 250 is too small for me.

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 AM