Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Joker Origin, A Dark Knight Prequel

views

zuhaili87
post Oct 26 2019, 12:05 AM

WONDERFUL!
1,877 posts

QUOTE(ThalaFan @ Oct 25 2019, 11:17 PM)
Finally, I watched the film tonight. 3/5 or 7/10 imo. And dats being super lenient

One thing bothered me. Why didn't the director push the envelope? Like really. I can understand Phoenix's portrayal was meant to be relatable, epic. I wanted more screen-time of Robert de Niro, more of Bruce Wayne, or his actions abt his agenda..or extend Joker's ferocity or display his smartness in my favourite scene of the film (train segment). Joaquin Phoenix gave his best performance...and dare say very few actors could do justice to this film. But I was left wanting more

Unless it's sequel has lotsa in-store, I'd rather prefer Heath's portrayal. I'm saying this cuz Russo Brother's Captain America: Winter Soldier & Civil War added lotsa weight & value to 1st film, CA: The first Avenger.

I'm saying this unless Joker 2 rocks by pushing the envelope, I'd pick Ledger considering his anarchist agenda stroke terror in me (and pretty sure most viewers watching him). Phoenix was sympathetic character till last 30 mins or so. Really wished makers pushed the envelope giving us more Joker than Arthur Fleck
Ahahaha, yup agreed with everything that u said, its entirely different than Heath since he has been the Joker for quite some time and this is why he is the best Joker since he got the chance to portrayed Joker in its full glory. Heath is an anarchist type, while Joaquin to me is a psychopath after everything that he has been thru with his life. Both of them are awesome! Its just that like u said, we have yet to see Joaquin‘s Joker in its full glory like Heath’s, as this is just the origin story and to me, it’s damn awesome!! Especially on the last 30 mins. Ha-ha-ha. biggrin.gif

But a major turn off for me after dwelling deep regarding this movie, turns out it could all be just a total BS created by Arthur, as the director want us to think and interpret the movie ourself. Haha. There are few clues that could led to Arthur just simply made up all the story and all of it was not real. Haha.
evanssophiya P
post Oct 30 2019, 12:56 PM

Probation
2 posts

I agree that Heath Ledger was the best Joker in the history of films about this hero. But we all know at what cost this role was given to him.
But it seems to me that the last movie about the Joker is simply out of competition with everyone else. There is a different plot, another reason for the Joker's hatred of society and the leading actor coped with the game more than worthily.
defaultname365
post Nov 5 2019, 11:14 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,041 posts

Can't compare Heath to Joaquin. Totally, totally different methodology/approach.

In fact, I went in watching this film not wanting to compare to Heath's performance (which yes, is still remarkable).

Heath <> Joaquin = both deserve the same standing ovation.

In terms of "filmic quality" - - TDK is indeed better than "Joker". But in terms of the actor portraying the crown prince - - both deserve equal praise. I refuse to say one is better than the other.

Joaquin is guaranteed IMO to get at least a Golden Globe Nomination for Best Actor while I'm hopeful for an Oscar nomination. An Oscar win may not happen as I've not seen the full field of contenders but a Golden Globe I think (since HFPA tends to favor popularity to some degree) is in the bag.

Joker will become the first R-rated film topping the huge $1 billion mark at the box office

user posted image

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/201...e/#28391d4b31bb

fter grossing $37 million internationally and $14 million domestically at the weekend box office, Warner Bros.’ super-villain origin tale Joker has amassed an impressive $934 million in global theatrical receipts. So it is now inevitable – Joker will become the first R-rated film topping the huge $1 billion mark at the box office.

It’s especially impressive that Joker will manage the $1 billion feat without a release in China, making it the first first-release film since 2008’s The Dark Knight to do so.

No China release and it is close to topping $1 billion + R-rated film. Wow.
skylinelover
post Nov 6 2019, 08:13 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
5,638 posts

Joker is legend in the making already laugh.gif rclxms.gif
defaultname365
post Nov 6 2019, 11:03 AM

1,041 posts

Stunning work, we take it for granted sometimes... but then again we shouldn't notice these as it should blend into our movie experience seamlessly.

gaeria84
post Nov 6 2019, 11:43 AM

Enthusiast
784 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Nov 5 2019, 11:14 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

No China release and it is close to topping $1 billion + R-rated film. Wow.
Made with 70 million dollars only... probably among the most profitable movies ever made

*laughs at WB for thinking that DC characters are not bankable enough*

laugh.gif
ThalaFan
post Nov 6 2019, 01:39 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Nov 6 2019, 11:43 AM)
Made with 70 million dollars only... probably among the most profitable movies ever made

*laughs at WB for thinking that DC characters are not bankable enough*

laugh.gif
I'd say it worked cuz it was "Joker" brand value + Joaquin Phoenix's magic.

Dare say no other MCU or DCEU' mc/villain/anti-hero-driven film could've made it as big as Joker did @ BO had not for those 2 aspects

This post has been edited by ThalaFan: Nov 6 2019, 01:40 PM
DavidClark0307 P
post Nov 7 2019, 04:15 PM

Probation
2 posts

I honestly expected more
ThalaFan
post Nov 7 2019, 05:20 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(DavidClark0307 @ Nov 7 2019, 04:15 PM)
I honestly expected more
We share same sentiments I see. I wanted the makers to take bold & ballsy moves especially considering we are post-IW & Endgame. We expect makers to drive the film in directions that suprise the heck outta audience, catchin em completely off-guard...saying "Gotcha!" Dats part of the fun
skylinelover
post Nov 8 2019, 07:40 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
5,638 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Nov 6 2019, 11:03 AM)

Stunning work, we take it for granted sometimes... but then again we shouldn't notice these as it should blend into our movie experience seamlessly.
Hope he will run 4 the oscars next year rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
defaultname365
post Nov 11 2019, 10:47 AM

1,041 posts

Almost there...

user posted image

rclxms.gif

It seems WB Executives were surprised by the reception... laugh.gif
axxer
post Nov 12 2019, 05:14 AM

Banned
1,487 posts

Just watched the movie and hot damn Joaquin Phoenix are awesome, maybe even better than the late Heath ledger. Imho an Oscar nomination worthy.

8 Pages « < 6 7 8Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0367sec    2.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 10:14 AM