Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Timex explorer 301 p6 replacement, Seiko or casio?

views

TSmystvearn
post Mar 30 2018, 10:24 PM, updated 6y ago

6,511 posts

Hi,

I am currently using a timex explorer 301 p6 since 2002 I think. Quite long time ago. Cannot find details about it online. The watch has date and built in magnetic compass with additional dials inside the screen. The watch is metal and weighs about 290 grams. The watch face is 40 mm.

I don't use it that often since the past 6 years. Partly because of the weight and most likely due to the smartphone. I only use it for travel, outdoors and dinner functions. I also don't like the metal strap.

Looking for a replacement watch not metal strap. Light weight. Waterproof (not bringing it to scuba or swimming with it). Date. Stylish. Durable strap is nice.. Back-lit or glow numbers are optional.. Not that I am exercising with it. Comfortable to wear. I want to wear a watch every day again and it has to be suitable for almost a all occasions.Budget around rm 800 or less.

Is the seiko snk809k2 good? I don't want anything above 40 mm since I have a small wrist and don't want anything heavy. I cannot find the weight of the watch online. Also what does it mean by 21 jewels? I have not tried this watch yet.

I have tried the casio mtp 1384 leather. I think this watch is slightly bigger but weighs only 53 grams. Quite nice to wear. Though I don't like the roman numerals used instead of Arabic numbers.

Other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
Exodius
post May 1 2018, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Mar 30 2018, 10:24 PM)
Hi,

I am currently using a timex explorer 301 p6 since 2002 I think. Quite long time ago. Cannot find details about it online. The watch has date and built in magnetic compass with additional dials inside the screen. The watch is metal and weighs about 290 grams. The watch face is 40 mm.

I don't use it that often since the past 6 years. Partly because of the weight and most likely due to the smartphone. I only use it for travel, outdoors and dinner functions. I also don't like the metal strap.

Looking for a replacement watch not metal strap. Light weight. Waterproof (not bringing it to scuba or swimming with it). Date. Stylish. Durable strap is nice.. Back-lit or glow numbers are optional.. Not that I am exercising with it. Comfortable to wear. I want to wear a watch every day again and it has to be suitable for almost a all occasions.Budget around rm 800 or less.

Is the seiko snk809k2 good? I don't want anything above 40 mm since I have a small wrist and don't want anything heavy. I cannot find the weight of the watch online. Also what does it mean by 21 jewels? I have not tried this watch yet.

I have tried the casio mtp 1384 leather. I think this watch is slightly bigger but weighs only 53 grams. Quite nice to wear. Though I don't like the roman numerals used instead of Arabic numbers.

Other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
its terms of reliability and usage I think Seiko 5 would definitely suits you. its always dub as the best entry level cheap automatic watch. its light as well not those chronograph/ complicated technology being incorporated inside.

Btw, if you don't like the strap but you are fond of the watch design, you could change the strap away anytime. the strap and the watch itself are 2 different parts. therefore if you really like a watch but it comes together with metal/SS bracelet, you could buy a strap of your liking that suits the watch itself.

21 jewels means that it contain 21 jewels in the movement itself in facilitating the automatic movement of the watches. unless you're a watch enthusiast you don't need to get into details of this. Seiko in-house movement itself definitely justify its price more reasonable as comparison to other luxury watch brand therefore the measly difference in automatic movement of Seiko/rolex should not be of your concern.
TSmystvearn
post May 1 2018, 02:39 PM

6,511 posts

Thanks for the explanation

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:50 PM