Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is First City University College FCUC good?

views

TSDoEatLater
post Mar 29 2018, 09:47 AM, updated 6y ago

10 posts

I want to take IT course at First City University College. Is it a good choice?
nexona88
post Mar 29 2018, 11:47 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,830 posts

Never heard of this place before...

For IT related. MMU I know is the place to go..
joe_toye
post Mar 29 2018, 02:44 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(DoEatLater @ Mar 29 2018, 09:47 AM)
I want to take IT course at First City University College. Is it a good choice?
It's ok. But probably not as good as TARUC, MMU, APU, KDU or Sunway.

AaronFPS
post Mar 29 2018, 03:56 PM

1,657 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Mar 29 2018, 11:47 AM)

For IT related.  MMU I know is the place to go..
It's called KBU last time

Avoid if u can
cc980024
post Mar 29 2018, 04:04 PM

Casual
492 posts

The fame of the University/College do count when come into looking for first job after you graduated.

Yes, perhaps certain not well known college is good with its education, with great lecturers, programmes and courseworks.

But always remember, your motive to enroll in university is just for study and learn? or to get your "passport" to secure your future job.
Try to think if you are an interviewer, will you hire a normal graduates from a college that you know, or you hire a top scorer from a college that you hardly heard.

I might be outdated, sorry to say that I don't quite know this college. If you have a choice, please take this into consideration.

cc980024
post Mar 29 2018, 04:05 PM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(AaronFPS @ Mar 29 2018, 03:56 PM)

Avoid if u can
Right!

A college that get to rename, means they didn't do well earlier.
joe_toye
post Mar 29 2018, 04:32 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Mar 29 2018, 04:05 PM)
Right!

A college that get to rename, means they didn't do well earlier.
Not true. They renamed because they were upgraded to University College. And they didn't want to be called KBU University College because it was apparently too similar to KDU.

Remember UCTI was renamed to APU? And before that, they were called APIIT?

Remember that Sedaya College was renamed to UCSI?

Username is for the weak
post Mar 29 2018, 05:58 PM

Casual
301 posts

Did my Ausmat there
Bad atmosphere
Lot's of foreign druggies
Damn the experience was scary
nexona88
post Mar 29 2018, 08:39 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,830 posts

QUOTE(AaronFPS @ Mar 29 2018, 03:56 PM)

Avoid if u can
Ohh its KBU..
Didn't know that 😑
joe_toye
post Mar 30 2018, 08:47 AM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(Username is for the weak @ Mar 29 2018, 05:58 PM)
Did my Ausmat there
Bad atmosphere
Lot's of  foreign druggies
Damn the experience was scary
Oh. I didn't know that. I generally thought they improved. I had a chance to see their IT students at work and I would say, they are quite competent. Perhaps I should send out a few feelers and get the overall feel and feedback of the place. Thanks for the comment.

And yes - many years ago, that place was quite horrible.
TSDoEatLater
post Mar 30 2018, 03:28 PM

10 posts

I heard their IT course is getting worse now as the uk teacher there stop teaching there and the only uk cert for the bachelor in SE had stop
cc980024
post Apr 2 2018, 09:49 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(joe_toye @ Mar 29 2018, 04:32 PM)
Not true. They renamed because they were upgraded to University College. And they didn't want to be called KBU University College because it was apparently too similar to KDU.

Remember UCTI was renamed to APU? And before that, they were called APIIT?

Remember that Sedaya College was renamed to UCSI?
Ops! Maybe I really outdated. As I never really follow the colleges name. And I wonder what is University College, is actually a University or is a College?
joe_toye
post Apr 2 2018, 10:39 AM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Apr 2 2018, 09:49 AM)
Ops! Maybe I really outdated. As I never really follow the colleges name. And I wonder what is University College, is actually a University or is a College?
University College is just a transition stage between a college and a full university. Usually, when a college has been given an opportunity to be upgraded to a university, they will be called university college and have to make certain changes within a 5-6 year period before getting their full university status. These changes are usually: a dedicated campus, high phd staff ratio, a certain percentage of revenue to be dedicated to research, research output, a certain percentage of international students and so on.

Although - i have heard that they may want to maintain a permanent University College status for Teaching Universities. I think that Malaysia has realized that there is a difference between teaching universities and research universities. But that is just still under discussion at the moment. After GE14, we will know.
IsabellaButts P
post Dec 15 2019, 10:14 PM

Probation
4 posts

This is a normal college, but I advise you to think about whether you need higher education. Now you can learn everything thanks to online educational writing platforms. You will be able to receive daily advice from professional teachers and top writers.
IsabellaButts P
post Dec 23 2019, 07:55 PM

Probation
4 posts

If you need the help of professional writers, then you should turn to a writing service for a dissertation and read more about it. It is cheap enough and does not require much time.
IsabellaButts P
post Dec 23 2019, 07:56 PM

Probation
4 posts

If you need the help of professional writers, then you should turn to a writing service for a dissertation and read more about it. It is cheap enough and does not require much time.
LikeMike123 P
post Jan 9 2020, 09:56 PM

Probation
1 posts

Check that the courses have accreditation from their corresponding organizations. There are numerous UCs in Malaysia whose courses are still pending MQA approval. For fast essay writing use https://subjecto.com/free-essays/ database. Don't be one of those that obtain stuck as well as need to return to do extra topics for appropriate accreditation.
joe_toye
post Jan 10 2020, 03:54 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(IsabellaButts @ Dec 15 2019, 10:14 PM)
This is a normal college, but I advise you to think about whether you need higher education. Now you can learn everything thanks to online educational writing platforms. You will be able to receive daily advice from professional teachers and top writers.
What sort of nonsense is this? First you tell someone to think about whether they need higher education and on the other hand, you try to promote an academic writing service.

Get your facts straight. Maybe YOU need some education!
joe_toye
post Jan 10 2020, 03:59 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(LikeMike123 @ Jan 9 2020, 09:56 PM)
Check that the courses have accreditation from their corresponding organizations. There are numerous UCs in Malaysia whose courses are still pending MQA approval. For fast essay writing use https://subjecto.com/free-essays/ database. Don't be one of those that obtain stuck as well as need to return to do extra topics for appropriate accreditation.
The UCs in Malaysia that advertise their programmes ARE NOT pending MQA approval. They are waiting for the first cohort to reach the graduation period to apply for accreditation. That's how the MQA system works in Malaysia.

What has fast essay writing got to do with accreditation and approval? Please get your message right first before posting crap like that.
Angel9x7i P
post Sep 2 2021, 01:32 PM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Mar 29 2018, 12:47 PM)

For IT related.  MMU I know is the place to go..
WHY ARE YOU RECOMMENDING MMU FOR EVERY THREAD ? LIKE WITHOUT ANALYZING WHAT THE PERSON WANTS ?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:51 PM