Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Huawei P20 and P20 Pro (Huawei)

VeeJay
post Yesterday, 08:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Jun 24 2018, 12:06 PM)
Hey! P20 don't have double tab to wake screen, but you can lift the phone and the screen will wake up.
Thanks mate, hows your experience moving from H7 to P20? I really loved the double tab since I'm from nokia family smile.gif
fkinmeng
post Yesterday, 09:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Jun 24 2018, 08:55 PM)
Thanks mate, hows your experience moving from H7 to P20? I really loved the double tab since I'm from nokia family smile.gif
I miss the double tap to wake too but the 1 thing i miss most is actually the smart key on the left since i always use it to turn on torch light.

Moving from H7 to P20 Pro feels like a huge jump, phone feels much faster, camera way better, gaming much smoother.

Overall it's a great upgrade for me, but that's because I wanted to try flagship camera once again. If camera is not a main concern for you, then don't get this phone.
VeeJay
post Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Jun 24 2018, 09:06 PM)
I miss the double tap to wake too but the 1 thing i miss most is actually the smart key on the left since i always use it to turn on torch light.

Moving from H7 to P20 Pro feels like a huge jump, phone feels much faster, camera way better, gaming much smoother.

Overall it's a great upgrade for me, but that's because I wanted to try flagship camera once again. If camera is not a main concern for you, then don't get this phone.
Most of the time, the only reason I upgrade a phone is the camera.....lol....hence my eye on P20 Pro, most likely would seek my telco to get the phone as a package...lets see

As you mentioned, so there is no smart key setting is it? ya, I use it for screenshot and torch as well on my H7 (long press and short press)
attw
post Yesterday, 10:23 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(nickchk89 @ Jun 24 2018, 09:56 AM)
Maybe something have to do with ur company email keep sync over night, most of us had a very good standby rate, i don't sync my company outlook in my phone, haha

I'm more interested in the gpu turbo update since that does not involve root and installing twrp(tired of those in the old days), but good move by huawei for joining project treble, more easier to create rom for developers
Yeah, too bad I can’t schedule the sync process for peak hours and non peak hours - that’s a feature lacking in Huawei’s stock email app. Anyways, I’ve resorted to switching on Ultra Battery Saver mode when I go to bed.

QUOTE(un_id @ Jun 24 2018, 10:30 AM)
I would never expect 0% drain overnight. Reasonably the phone is ON, so it uses battery for some reason
Yeah, not for Android, though my iOS devices do get away with 0% drain overnight sometimes.

Overall though, I would concur with most of the videos shared here, during usage the extra juice of the P20 Pro’s battery does count for the extra SOT. We’ll wait and see if Note 9 ups the ante.
nickchk89
post Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Vodka martini,shaken,not stirred

QUOTE(attw @ Jun 24 2018, 10:23 PM)
Yeah, too bad I can’t schedule the sync process for peak hours and non peak hours - that’s a feature lacking in Huawei’s stock email app. Anyways, I’ve resorted to switching on Ultra Battery Saver mode when I go to bed.
Yeah, not for Android, though my iOS devices do get away with 0% drain overnight sometimes.

Overall though, I would concur with most of the videos shared here, during usage the extra juice of the P20 Pro’s battery does count for the extra SOT. We’ll wait and see if Note 9 ups the ante.
Maybe u can try other apps? For email syncing...

Iphone is famous for holding 100 percent for longer time, then dip quite fast, so its 100% not really accurate

Its time for Samsung to up its game, I'm pretty sure big mah for note 9 will be winner
attw
post Yesterday, 10:42 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(nickchk89 @ Jun 24 2018, 10:39 PM)

Iphone is famous for holding 100 percent for longer time, then dip quite fast, so its 100% not really accurate

Its time for Samsung to up its game, I'm pretty sure big mah for note 9 will be winner
I tried the Excahnge app and it wouldn’t sync at all, haha. Maybe I’ll speak to my office IT guy tomorrow.

Anyways, yeah, those of us who use iPhones long enough know that the 100% charge for 9-10 hours straight is an illusion laugh.gif
fkinmeng
post Today, 01:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!

How many people here use camera protector film/sticker?
ikram_p
post Today, 05:58 AM

Enthusiast

I kind of satisfy with battery performance. With average usage it can last me during my work time and has 40-50% battery to spare.

Compare to my samsung note 5. Worst. It seem battery drain on display those higher thn hd and processing power apps games. And not too mention hp getting hotter.
sramesh
post Today, 06:01 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(nickchk89 @ Jun 24 2018, 10:39 PM)

MS Exchange email sync works fine. Use it for my office email. For some reason Kirin 970 feels speedier than SD 845 or Exynos. I'm a previous S9+ user.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0638sec    1.89    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 06:15 AM