Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Waze error - No GPS. Showing approximate location, Using iphone 6s, ios 11.2.6

views

TSmoonbase
post Mar 28 2018, 11:32 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
80 posts

Hey everyone I am using an iPhone 6s with ios 11.2.6, and I have been trying for the past 2 weeks or so and Waze keeps on showing me this error : "No GPS. Showing approximate location"

I have done and followed on the steps on the Waze support section on the Waze website and followed numerous other websites which chronicles this same problem, be it from reinstalling Waze to turning off and on location services, resetting location and privacy settings on iOS to no avail, the problem still persists.

Followed and read through this link here ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/811268...rt=500&tstart=0 ) and tried numerous ways that others have suggested but no success. Was wondering if anyone here has gone through the same thing and has managed to fix it? or is it a problem with i0S and I've to wait till Apple releases the next iOS update? Google Maps, Find My Iphone seems to work fine on my phone which indicates that my gps is working.

appreciate the help!
loki
post Mar 28 2018, 11:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,086 posts

switch off and switch on your phone everytime you wanna use gps.
acbc
post Mar 28 2018, 11:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Did u drop your phone recently?
TSmoonbase
post Mar 28 2018, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

thanks loki & acbc

nope, didnt drop the phone and "switch off and switch on your phone everytime you wanna use gps" doesnt help either
kurangak
post Mar 28 2018, 11:40 AM

certified /k addict
1,154 posts

QUOTE(moonbase @ Mar 28 2018, 11:32 AM)
Hey everyone I am using an iPhone 6s with ios 11.2.6, and I have been trying for the past 2 weeks or so and Waze keeps on showing me this error : "No GPS. Showing approximate location"

I have done and followed on the steps on the Waze support section on the Waze website and followed numerous other websites which chronicles this same problem, be it from reinstalling Waze to turning off and on location services, resetting location and privacy settings on iOS to no avail, the problem still persists.

Followed and read through this link here ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/811268...rt=500&tstart=0 ) and tried numerous ways that others have suggested but no success. Was wondering if anyone here has gone through the same thing and has managed to fix it? or is it a problem with i0S and I've to wait till Apple releases the next iOS update? Google Maps, Find My Iphone seems to work fine on my phone which indicates that my gps is working.

appreciate the help!
did u recently jailbreak ur iphone? have u tried doing hard reset aka reflashing the firmware?
TSmoonbase
post Mar 28 2018, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(kurangak @ Mar 28 2018, 11:40 AM)
did u recently jailbreak ur iphone? have u tried doing hard reset aka reflashing the firmware?
nope, didnt jailbreak

hard reset meaning pressing the home button and the on/off button at the same time right? if so, yeah i did that as well confused.gif sad.gif
kurangak
post Mar 28 2018, 11:44 AM

certified /k addict
1,154 posts

QUOTE(moonbase @ Mar 28 2018, 11:41 AM)
nope, didnt jailbreak

hard reset meaning pressing the home button and the on/off button at the same time right? if so, yeah i did that as well  confused.gif  sad.gif
i mean this

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-reflash-an-iphone

edit:- ive read the link. perhaps the problem is ios related. ur only hope (i believe) is to wait until next update roll out.

This post has been edited by kurangak: Mar 28 2018, 11:45 AM
loki
post Mar 28 2018, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,086 posts

QUOTE(moonbase @ Mar 28 2018, 11:41 AM)
nope, didnt jailbreak

hard reset meaning pressing the home button and the on/off button at the same time right? if so, yeah i did that as well  confused.gif  sad.gif
i started having that problem after upgrading to the latest firmware for my old phone. I am gonna bet its the firmware problem and for your case ios problem.. if you got the time, maybe can try with different ios?
TSmoonbase
post Mar 28 2018, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(loki @ Mar 28 2018, 11:45 AM)
i started having that problem after upgrading to the latest firmware for my old phone. I am gonna bet its the firmware problem and for your case ios problem.. if you got the time, maybe can try with different ios?
oh man, youre currently going through the same thing now then? ios 11.2.6?
TSmoonbase
post Mar 28 2018, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(kurangak @ Mar 28 2018, 11:44 AM)
i mean this

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-reflash-an-iphone

edit:- ive read the link. perhaps the problem is ios related. ur only hope (i believe) is to wait until next update roll out.
thanks man, im hoping its ios as well

oh that reflash, i didnt do that, since im guessing my gps works fine as i can use "Find My Iphone", Apple maps points me at my exact location at the moment, Google Maps works ok and Grab works ok, grab does use GPS to pinpoint my location right?

sigh...really shows the true meaning of first world problems rclxub.gif

TSmoonbase
post Mar 28 2018, 12:41 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

update:

just chatted with Apple chat support and theyve remotely diagnosed my phone and gps is working on my phone and all.
cucubud
post Mar 28 2018, 03:11 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(moonbase @ Mar 28 2018, 12:41 PM)
update:

just chatted with Apple chat support and theyve remotely diagnosed my phone and gps is working on my phone and all.
Do you know how they access your phone remotely?
attw
post Mar 28 2018, 03:27 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(moonbase @ Mar 28 2018, 12:41 PM)
update:

Ya, curious how they did this remotely thumbup.gif
TSmoonbase
post Mar 28 2018, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

yes, under privacy, analytics, when you give them permission, a start button will appear and upon clicking on it, your phone will send a diagnostics of your hardware to them
HippyTony
post Mar 29 2018, 01:34 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

I had this problem with my iPhone 6s and I solved the problem by following Waze problem shootings. I have to set the privacy/location to always on before using Waze. I gave my 6s to my brother and he said he is having problems again with Waze GPS. It off and on thing for him now. It’s on iOS 11.2.6 too.
omaigad
post Mar 29 2018, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

Same here, 6s too...in the end, uninstalled and use google map...
FirstDuke
post Mar 31 2018, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Me too having this issue. Tot maybe is battery problem, so changed battery, issue still occurred. Changed to iPhone 8. Now everything work fine.
attw
post Mar 31 2018, 02:58 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

Those that reported this issue earlier, can try updating to 11.3 and see if it helps
TSmoonbase
post Mar 31 2018, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

thanks for the replies guys, after a back and forth with waze and apple who each advised me to ask and refer to one another lol, I just resorted to backing up and restoring my phone today and now it works...updating it ios 11.3 now, hopefully the problem doesnt occur

thanks for the help guys!
opjust
post Apr 3 2018, 02:37 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

Same issue with me, 6s on 11.2.6... I though my GPS got issue and really wanted to change the phone...

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:14 PM