12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Why Sabah Sarawak keep supporting BN?

views

TSjoey2000
post Mar 28 2018, 11:06 AM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
240 posts

Why Sabah Sarawak keep supporting BN even though they are not getting a lot of development.?

How many parliament seats in total for Sabah and Sarawak ?

acbc
post Mar 28 2018, 11:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

When gomen made them poor and uneducated, what do u expect?

Day by day, gomen kept telling these people to have more kids and in return gave them money for daily essentials. As a result, these people ended up lazy and work menial jobs. Reason because, the low pay is enough for them to be happy. The cycle repeats itself for next generation.

Which is why education is important. It should be free for all. Now only from from primary to secondary. University need to pay hefty sum.

When people are uneducated, politicians will take advantage and spread fear to all. Surely, these people won't want to lose their subsidies or welfare monies and vote back the same useless gomen.
ramz
post Mar 28 2018, 11:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,632 posts

West Malaysia chasing development. East Malaysia chasing quality of life.

Road no jam, poor also can live on landed house. Favourite hobby is gardening coz nearly every household has a garden. Lot of space. Still hear birds chirping to wake u up. State government quite generous. Lot of fresh air. Chicken taste better here. Very low assessment rates and quit rent. Life more of smelling the roses than racing the rat. Nobody is damn poor, semua cukup makan. A good family day is walking in the park, coz TMnet is still 1mb Streamyx. More tolerant between races. And they really don't know what is happening in semenanjung.

Oh did I tell u they think they are superior then west Malaysian? Sarawakians at least. Why do u think they resist West Malaysian politics? UMNO is zero. Dap doing about soso, pkr dying.

This post has been edited by ramz: Mar 28 2018, 11:41 AM
internaldisputes
post Mar 28 2018, 11:44 AM

Regular
1,001 posts

For most people BN is the only option for them because they are the only one they recognise. BN has the resources to keep in touch with the people there unlike the opposition parties. The fact that the states have their own immigration policies which often ban opposition members worsen the situation.

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 28 2018, 11:45 AM
TSjoey2000
post Mar 28 2018, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 28 2018, 11:44 AM)
For most people BN is the only option for them because they are the only one they recognise. BN has the resources to keep in touch with the people there unlike the opposition parties. The fact that the states have their own immigration policies which often ban opposition members worsen the situation.
With the internet and radio, may be they can do something on this?

Like giving FREE FM radio with preset channel to each family. With this method they can reach the jungle area with no internet.
patt_sue
post Mar 28 2018, 11:58 AM

Enthusiast
859 posts

Because BN is good at playing politic..Opposition is still noob. If you noticed, bn likes to play good cop,bad cop game,especially in Sarawak.. Bn Sarawak(pbb) will be painted as a good cop defending the Sarawak right against federal government..

Another thing is, BN has a large resource and good local machinery to serve in rural area.. Even in remote location, there will be a PBB/umno/bn branch.. These branches will be manned by that party members.. Opposition just don't have this kind of machinery..
cwtan829
post Mar 28 2018, 12:16 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(joey2000 @ Mar 28 2018, 11:06 AM)
Why Sabah Sarawak keep supporting BN even though they are not getting a lot of development.?

Based on PRU13, Sawarak having the most number of seat.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSjoey2000
post Mar 28 2018, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(cwtan829 @ Mar 28 2018, 12:16 PM)
Based on PRU13, Sawarak having the most number of seat.
Thanks for your info.

Sabah, Sarawak and Johor is the factors we still getting horrible life.

Johor still sleeping after so many years.

This post has been edited by joey2000: Mar 28 2018, 12:48 PM
nexona88
post Mar 30 2018, 10:18 AM

VIP Club House
All Stars
22,586 posts

We'll those states is very rural..
Lack of infrastructure & connection to the world..

Those with flush with $$$ & power only have access to those rural areas...

Oppo parties can rent helicopter on weekly basis to go into interior Sabah & Sarawak?? Only BN can do that....
touristking
post Mar 30 2018, 11:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,447 posts

QUOTE(joey2000 @ Mar 28 2018, 04:06 AM)

Turning the table around. What have Sarawak/Sabah to gain from voting Pakatan compared to BN?

alexkos
post Mar 31 2018, 11:43 AM

Regular
1,764 posts

look at sarawak map. Only those cities along the coasts are more developed. Opposition has been trying hard to secure most of them last round, Sibu, Miri, Kuching is under opposition now. Bintulu is the only town that is still BN.

Now, those seats in the rural areas, you can forget about it. They are rarely accessed by the opposition, which I believe is mostly due to lack of funds and networking. Also, there is only BN and tv3, what exposure they have toward the opposition?

I admit that the opposition is still trying hard to secure more seats in sarawak. But the saying that Sarawak is BN's fixed deposit is true. Just take a flight here and travel to rural area and you'll understand the struggle.

Keyboard warrior must do something ya...derma pls~
alhelmy
post Mar 31 2018, 12:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,267 posts

That's because the government looks after the people of Sabah & Sarawak
nexona88
post Mar 31 2018, 12:15 PM

VIP Club House
All Stars
22,586 posts

Its more like the government looks after their own parties people.. Those with connection keep getting more contracts & valuable license 😎
Death Wings
post Mar 31 2018, 12:22 PM

3 posts

don't be so ignorant..
just go around town and you know the sentiment.
we don't need opposition come telling us with their ceramah we know who to vote for.

it's the rural areas you guys need to seriously think of how to fight BN's gerrymandering.
you can't blame them when they vote BN because of their conditions and it'll probably take few more decades when their education level is higher enough to think for themselves.
it's easier said than done...try being in oppositions' shoes because they've tried yet these people are not exposed completely to GST like the urban folks in cities they are so poor they do not even have to pay income tax and what not

btw.. we already have unifi 100 and maxis fibre, not streamyx 1mbps up in tree house
and yes life is more relaxed, less jam, better air
LamTin
post Mar 31 2018, 11:01 PM

Time will prove everything!
580 posts

Big problem is education. Their spm results overall very terrible especialy kampung.

Its easier to control a stupid person and its real.
LamTin
post Mar 31 2018, 11:03 PM

Time will prove everything!
580 posts

QUOTE(Death Wings @ Mar 31 2018, 12:22 PM)
don't be so ignorant..
we don't need opposition come telling us with their ceramah we know who to vote for.

it's the rural areas you guys need to seriously think of how to fight BN's gerrymandering.
you can't blame them when they vote BN because of their conditions and it'll probably take few more decades when their education level is higher enough to think for themselves.
it's easier said than done...try being in oppositions' shoes because they've tried yet these people are not exposed completely to GST like the urban folks in cities they are so poor they do not even have to pay income tax and what not

btw.. we already have unifi 100 and maxis fibre, not streamyx 1mbps up in tree house
I know kuching is DAP stronghold. brows.gif
I know one friend from rural. He ate almost anything from hutan. Leopard monkey all he ate before. Crazy!
ramz
post Mar 31 2018, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,632 posts

QUOTE(Death Wings @ Mar 31 2018, 12:22 PM)
don't be so ignorant..

Ahem, I know someone right now that lives at muara tuang road that have 1mb line with no avenue to upgrade. Muara tuang is part of town ok. It Is not considered rural ok. It's still "town".Dont worry. It's not Sarawak. It's that west Malaysian telco called Telekom Malaysia. They just moving real slow in Sarawak.
Drian
post Apr 1 2018, 11:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,542 posts

QUOTE(alhelmy @ Mar 31 2018, 12:10 PM)
That's because the government looks after the people of Sabah & Sarawak
That is also why there are so many muslims in the US. The US government looks after them and treats them so well. innocent.gif

kmarc
post Apr 1 2018, 11:49 AM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Elite
10,202 posts

Those in Sarawak knows what’s happening in rural areas. Kampung people only know one thing. Give me money, give me goodies, give me what I want and I’ll vote for you because I get lots of “benefits”. RM 50 each. Wow! Good government.

Opposition come, no money, no goodies, no nothing. Lousy party. No votes.

1mdb? Sorry don’t know what is that. Don’t care as never affected us. GST? Doesn’t affect us. Income tax? What’s that? We receive so many goodies from gomen. Good gomen.

This post has been edited by kmarc: Apr 1 2018, 11:58 AM
superbike
post Apr 1 2018, 09:51 PM

18 posts

Sarawak hold the most parliament seats as of last election. Btw, Johor is another bn stronghold. Sarawak do have "lots" of development as of now, but only in 3 major cities. Kuching, Miri and Bintulu is growing quite fast now, but the transportations, road facilities and all the rural areas is very much meh, still undeveloped.

QUOTE(LamTin @ Mar 31 2018, 11:03 PM)
I know kuching is DAP stronghold. brows.gif
I know one friend from rural. He ate almost anything from hutan. Leopard monkey all he ate before. Crazy!
ive heard some of the ibans and chinese still eat cats and dogs in rural areas.

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0820sec    1.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 01:15 AM