Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Would like a second opinion on my last suspension., No reply from helpdesk email. (Queries)

St0rmFury
post Mar 28 2018, 12:09 AM, updated 2 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Super Senior

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Topic: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4530148

A month ago I replied "fuck off" in the above topic and a mod suspended me for 30 days under the flaming/trolling/harassment rule.

I believe I wasn't harassing and flaming anyone in particular so that only leaves trolling which I would like to argue is unjustified by citing past posts by an admin:

Well, it's in Kopitiam where thread derailment and trolling are a common sight. Mods are humans too like every other /K-tard.

As long as the trolling does not veer into the direction of excessive insults towards another person's parents, race or religion, it's still within the permissible boundaries of /K.
Unless you are suggesting that trolling should be prohibited in Kopitiam, then yes, moderators are allowed to troll in /k as well just like any other regular members, provided that boundaries are not crossed. Trolling is not an offense in Kopitiam, as far as I know.

However, trolling is prohibited in serious discussion sections such as the Hardware section. As such comments like the one you posted in the Hardware section's NVIDIA topic is prohibited and can only be posted in Kopitiam.
If I made that post in a serious discussion like RWI, I would understand the suspension. But this is Kopitiam we are talking about. If simply posting "fuck off" is enough to trigger a suspension like this, probably half the regulars would have been banned long time ago.

If an admin feels my suspension is unjustified, please consider my appeal to remove this infraction from my warn level.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by St0rmFury: Mar 28 2018, 12:10 AM
HongKi
post Mar 28 2018, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Lol i got 30 days suspension on the same day like you did(23 feb 7.13pm) and also by saying the “exact” same word laugh.gif

Edit:lol its not “off” but “you”.
Religious racial hmm.gif . Tered was removed hmm.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by HongKi: Mar 28 2018, 10:37 AM
empire23
post Mar 31 2018, 06:24 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

While I'd usually give a person a day, the problem is that;

1. Everyone was joining in = Spam chain. -1. Thus deterrence required. Plus I kinda still remember your police case in 2009, so -1 on character. Yes, I've been here that long.

HongKi is no better looking back at the mod notes.

If it makes you happy, everyone else who had a record in that thread got the same.

Also gents, if you want start a thread like this, please don't have any dupe accounts. We can detect them.

Richard
post May 16 2018, 07:54 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

I believe this forum is a news source for our local journalist so it makes sense to moderate the courtesy and type language being used.

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0510sec    6.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 04:06 PM