[Grab] Banned as a passenger

views

yelias
post Apr 3 2018, 01:04 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Lozy @ Mar 30 2018, 03:25 PM)
Not that desperate enough to walk in.
But my second attempt on asking why on their Facebook support. What I get is

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you further as the decision made by the team in charge is final, and we do not have the authorization to overwrite that decision.
If you still insisting to do Grab, workout with lawyer firm send them a letter demand for reason & review the result or they will get sued.

This post has been edited by yelias: Apr 3 2018, 01:07 AM
skylinelover
post Apr 3 2018, 10:22 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(yelias @ Apr 3 2018, 01:04 AM)
If you still insisting to do Grab, workout with lawyer firm send them a letter demand for reason & review the result or they will get sued.
Haha lawyer fees mahai ooo😅😅😂😂
cylon
post Apr 17 2018, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(Lozy @ Mar 28 2018, 07:36 PM)
Thank you for reaching to Grab. Hairie here. Upon checking, we are sorry to inform you that your registered account with us has been deactivated and banned permanently after further investigation were done on our end according to Grab's SOPs.

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you further as the decision made by the team in charge is final, and we do not have the authorization to overwrite that decision. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us via http://help.grab.com/hc/ms. Thank you for supporting Grab.

Even worse. The message seems to tell me that the team won't bother to review my logs again when the decision has made.
I'm dying to know why as well.
Your account was banned by another team, and the team you made phone calls to do have the authorization to override the ban. Same as me when my Uber driver was banned automatically by the system and CS can't do a thing.
skylinelover
post Apr 18 2018, 07:36 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(kopi @ Apr 5 2018, 07:36 PM)
Sorry for dropping into this thread. May I ask how easy is it to get ban as passenger? I never heard of this with uber. I ride about few times a month using uber. I only take them to places that hard to find parking and if I might be there for a while. Never used grab before.
Keep cancelling booking 3x😅😂
goolie
post Jun 4 2020, 11:19 PM

Enthusiast
774 posts

QUOTE(Lozy @ Mar 27 2018, 11:08 PM)
This was happened on 24th October 2017.
Didn't even bother since there's an alternative app to use whistling.gif  whistling.gif

The date was the day that I registered Grab and also the day that I got banned.

I have sent 3 tickets total and the second ticket I was informed that
"Your Grab passenger account will remain deactivated. Your booking history shows you have breached the Terms of Passenger Use and we have a responsibility to ensure our drivers receive genuine bookings to protect their livelihoods."

This doesn't make sense at all, I couldn't even get to login and I can't find a reason why I was banned instantly.
And the supports don't seem professional or know what they are doing, as I myself is 100% sure that I have not book anything or do anything beyond the login screen of the app.

Is there anything I can do if Grab are not willing to reactivate my account?
Or is there any Officer from Grab I can talk to on LYN?

I'm currently waiting response for my third ticket.
Is your Grab passenger app reactivated? Im having same issue as yours.
SUSMhd shah
post Jun 4 2020, 11:35 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(Lozy @ Mar 27 2018, 10:08 PM)
This was happened on 24th October 2017.
Didn't even bother since there's an alternative app to use whistling.gif  whistling.gif

The date was the day that I registered Grab and also the day that I got banned.

I have sent 3 tickets total and the second ticket I was informed that
"Your Grab passenger account will remain deactivated. Your booking history shows you have breached the Terms of Passenger Use and we have a responsibility to ensure our drivers receive genuine bookings to protect their livelihoods."

This doesn't make sense at all, I couldn't even get to login and I can't find a reason why I was banned instantly.
And the supports don't seem professional or know what they are doing, as I myself is 100% sure that I have not book anything or do anything beyond the login screen of the app.

Is there anything I can do if Grab are not willing to reactivate my account?
Or is there any Officer from Grab I can talk to on LYN?

I'm currently waiting response for my third ticket.
If ur story is accurate, it maybe a technical failure at that time still new service in Msia, tech team found accusing u easier than saying they have failure, u may find few like you at the same time if my suspicious correct.
Few years ago I lost Facebook account just few minutes after clash with acquaintance who work at Facebook office, tried to recover it many time but failed, he new the rules and put a report no one will try verefy it.
yamin90 P
post Jun 24 2020, 03:42 PM

Probation
0 posts

happen to me recently while MCO period..mostly using pay and food...not using much car..after so long not using grab when MCO open to check the grabfood..cannot login got msg suspend..when contact social media permanently banned.. i was like wtf ? asking the reason said being create multiple acct..how the hell i can create multiple acct at the first place. really hope gojek come to malaysia..to monopoly.. i was frustrated coz still have balance in my wallet.
michaelangelo
post Sep 3 2020, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(yamin90 @ Jun 24 2020, 03:42 PM)
happen to me recently while MCO period..mostly using pay and food...not using much car..after so long not using grab when MCO open to check the grabfood..cannot login got msg suspend..when contact social media permanently banned.. i was like wtf ? asking the reason said being create multiple acct..how the hell i can create multiple acct at the first place. really hope gojek come to malaysia..to monopoly.. i was frustrated coz still have balance in my wallet.
Hi I got the same problem.. all the while I’m using grab with my email address. Then one day I buy something online using grab but need to sign in with contact number and then after that I can’t login and my account is suspended. I still have balance in my grab pay wallet. The grab support email is not longer in used. There is no way to contact them other than the stupid app. Then they sms me and said my acc remain deactivated due to multiple acc usage. I was like wtf...now I don’t know how to get back my money,
patricia yi P
post Sep 4 2020, 11:24 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(michaelangelo @ Sep 3 2020, 10:24 AM)
Hi I got the same problem.. all the while I’m using grab with my email address. Then one day I buy something online using grab but need to sign in with contact number and then after that I can’t login and my account is suspended. I still have balance in my grab pay wallet. The grab support email is not longer in used. There is no way to contact them other than the stupid app. Then they sms me and said my acc remain deactivated due to multiple acc usage. I was like wtf...now I don’t know how to get back my money,
I experienced exactly the same thing yesterday and they sent me a message saying that my account can no longer be reactivated. Have called the grab support but they said the result is fixed and cant be changed anymore...
michaelangelo
post Sep 11 2020, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(patricia yi @ Sep 4 2020, 11:24 AM)
I experienced exactly the same thing yesterday and they sent me a message saying that my account can no longer be reactivated. Have called the grab support but they said the result is fixed and cant be changed anymore...
yeah i called them also. Told me cant reactivate back. This is so unfair. We are genuine users and they treat us like scammers. I logged my complain to NCC but they asked me to contact grab and deal with them myself. If still cant find resolution, then they asked me to raise to kpdnhep. The ministry of domestic trade and consumer affairs.

https://www.kpdnhep.gov.my/en/consumerism/h...complaints.html

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 PM