Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for partner for a streetwear business

views

TSoscar1993
post Mar 27 2018, 03:21 PM, updated 7y ago

3 posts

Hi, I am obsess with streetwear and would like to start my streetwear brand. I have no prior experience and only did number of research on clothing and streetwear business.

I hope I could find someone here who share the same interests, so we could build up our business together. You may refer to information below for your consideration:-

Current progress:
- I have brand name in mind, USP and target market.
- I have identify the marketing strategy for early stage of the business.
- I have briefly studied some fundamental knowledge for clothing business including printing technique, fabrics, techpack. I have rough ideas what to use.
- I am learning design, AI & photoshop to make my idea happen. (by Youtube, Skillshare, and two crack version photoshop & AI.)

What you can expect from me:
Good
- Commitment(time & effort after working hour. I am currently working as recruiter in a staffing firm.)
- Initial capital (sufficient for website setup, early shirt production, early marketing activities only)
- Creative Idea for both design and business strategy.
- BD & building network with people.
- Always open to new things, learning and seek for improvement. (kaizen)

Bad
- Limited Capital (I am not from a rich family. I have no backup from parent)
- Poor English (I studied well and obtained first class in my major, but english proficiency is still considered low) - A lot of things cannot be done myself like writing content for website, marketing, etc.
- Not smart enough (reaction slow sometimes, tend to make wrong decision, less attention to detail)

What I expect from you:
- Same commitment (time & effort)
- Be sincere and genuine to me and the business.
- Complementary skills (attention to details, design skill, fashion sense, business sense)
- Initial Capital (if you are willing to invest together)

The business Vision & Mission

Vision (ultimate goal):
-To become one of the global famous streetwear brand to impact the streetwear culture and people life e.g. Supreme, Stussy, The Bathing Apes, etc.

Mission (short term):
-To become well-known streetwear brand at local level.
-Set up physical store, and make our product available in all streetwear shop Malaysia.
-Build up our fans and never let them down.

What I shared above is my own idea only. I am a open minded person and welcome any good ideas from you.
If you are interested, we could meet up for further discussion.
SUSalexcky
post Mar 28 2018, 11:53 AM

business Sifu
842 posts

how are u going to compete with other brands?

Are u good in graphic design?

I suggest u start from small scale at home first..once ur brand is well known, then invest into higher scale
NightHeart
post Mar 28 2018, 12:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

That's quite a decently prepared proposal, except that it's a bit lacking in numbers & dollars. May you have better responses here; https://forum.lowyat.net/BusinessForSale

In the mean time, you may wanna do some estimated costing/budget e.g. how much you're budgeting for your website, per piece of shirt, the marketing activities. etc etc If you can even estimate a realistic ROI, that would be better.

Your theory (knowledge) seems ok aka good at studies kinda person. But reality tends to be quite different from theories. Be prepared for surprises, confusions & frustrations. That's why actual experience is very valuable.
icemanfx
post Mar 28 2018, 12:21 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

Obsession and business may not mix well especially if there is reincurring cost.

SUSyklooi
post Mar 28 2018, 12:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(oscar1993 @ Mar 27 2018, 03:21 PM)
Good
Bad
What I expect from you:

Vision (ultimate goal):

Mission (short term):

What I shared above is my own idea only.  I am a open minded person and welcome any good ideas from you.
hmm.gif some people will deem the above to looks quite basic....why not enhance more? like start to add more in.......(if this is a case study for your studies)

you have the mission & vision....
now plan the objectives to achieve the mission?...
the plan should be
measure able,
be monitored
be undated as appropriate....

after the planning....then try add in the
objectives for the plan?
what will be done,
what resources will be required
who will be responsible
when it will be completed
how will the results will be evaluate
who will do the evaluation and suggest appropriate action the correct them

you already have some bad and good.....
why not add in..
what are the other good and bad that can have significant impact to your business?
what are the good and bad that your current competitors has?
how do you plan to enhance the good and reduce the bad?
what more actions will you do to enhance the good and what action to take to increase the opportunity to improve the bad?

This post has been edited by yklooi: Mar 28 2018, 01:07 PM
TSoscar1993
post Mar 28 2018, 06:43 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(alexcky @ Mar 28 2018, 11:53 AM)
how are u going to compete with other brands?

Are u good in graphic design?

I suggest u start from small scale at home first..once ur brand is well known, then invest into higher scale
Hi alexcky

I am glad my post got your attention. Well, here is my answers to your questions. smile.gif

I am not going to compete with other well-established brand in a very beginning (no resources to do that). Instead, I would focus on making products that is appealing to my target group of customer, and backed with a set of marketing strategy to create early brand awareness and sales conversion. I have a very well-defined USP which I hold a strong believe that could be success in someway and no harm to give it a try.

I have good sense in streetwear design and understand which streetwear design people like. I possess only fundamental knowledge in design, so I hope could find someone here with complimentary skills. I will contribute whatever I know and good at to make the business work.

Ya ya, good suggestion alexcky. Start small and grow big.

TSoscar1993
post Mar 28 2018, 06:50 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 28 2018, 12:16 PM)
That's quite a decently prepared proposal, except that it's a bit lacking in numbers & dollars. May you have better responses here; https://forum.lowyat.net/BusinessForSale

In the mean time, you may wanna do some estimated costing/budget e.g. how much you're budgeting for your website, per piece of shirt, the marketing activities. etc etc If you can even estimate a realistic ROI, that would be better.

Your theory (knowledge) seems ok aka good at studies kinda person. But reality tends to be quite different from theories. Be prepared for surprises, confusions & frustrations. That's why actual experience is very valuable.
Hi NightHeart

Thanks for your valuable advice! smile.gif

Actually I have a budget in mind, but not clearly defined. Your comment remind me about this, thanks!

TSoscar1993
post Mar 28 2018, 06:56 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Mar 28 2018, 12:21 PM)
Obsession and business may not mix well especially if there is reincurring cost.
Hi icemanfx

Thanks for your advice smile.gif Ya, you are right. However, I still hope to give it a try as the cost/ risk is manageable, and I dont want any regret or missing piece in my life.
TSoscar1993
post Mar 28 2018, 07:07 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(yklooi @ Mar 28 2018, 12:53 PM)
hmm.gif some people will deem the above to looks quite basic....why not enhance more? like start to add more in.......(if this is a case study for your studies)

you have the mission & vision....
now plan the objectives to achieve the mission?...
the plan should be
measure able,
be monitored
be undated as appropriate....

after the planning....then try add in the
objectives for the plan?
what will be done,
what resources will be required
who will be responsible
when it will be completed
how will the results will be evaluate
who will do the evaluation and suggest appropriate action the correct them

you already have some bad and good.....
why not add in..
what are the other good and bad that can have significant impact to your business?
what are the good and bad that your current competitors has?
how do you plan to enhance the good and reduce the bad?
what more actions will you do to enhance the good and what action to take to increase the opportunity to improve the bad?
Hi yklooi smile.gif

Thanks for your advice and it really helpful for me!

cry.gif Paiseh I didn't go into so detail because my intention is just only to look for someone who share the same interests, meet up and discuss further.

Really appreciate your suggestions here, I will get all answer before meeting up with any potential partner.

This post has been edited by oscar1993: Mar 28 2018, 07:12 PM
BuzzGeng
post Jun 3 2018, 04:58 PM

18 posts

Hi, I am obsess with streetwear and would like to start my streetwear brand.  I have no prior experience and only did number of research on clothing and streetwear business.

I hope I could find someone here who share the same interests, so we could build up our business together. You may refer to information below for your consideration:-

Current progress:
- I have briefly studied some fundamental knowledge for clothing business including printing technique, fabrics, techpack. I have rough ideas what to use.
- I am learning design, AI & photoshop to make my idea happen. (by Youtube, Skillshare, and two crack version photoshop & AI.)

Good
- Commitment(time & effort after working hour. I am currently working as recruiter in a staffing firm.)
- Initial capital (sufficient for website setup, early shirt production, early marketing activities only)

Bad
- Poor English (I studied well and obtained first class in my major, but english proficiency is still considered low) - A lot of things cannot be done myself like writing content for website, marketing, etc.
- Not smart enough (reaction slow sometimes, tend to make wrong decision, less attention to detail)

What I expect from you:
- Complementary skills (attention to details, design skill, fashion sense, business sense)

Vision (ultimate goal):
-To become one of the global famous streetwear brand to impact the streetwear culture and people life e.g. Supreme, Stussy, The Bathing Apes, etc.

Mission (short term):
-Set up physical store, and make our product available in all streetwear shop Malaysia.

What I shared above is my own idea only.  I am a open minded person and welcome any good ideas from you.
Hi pm pls
jimmyng
post Jun 3 2018, 05:37 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

PM for more details.
DanLD
post Jun 17 2018, 07:20 AM

0 posts

Hi, I am obsess with streetwear and would like to start my streetwear brand.  I have no prior experience and only did number of research on clothing and streetwear business.

Current progress:

Good

Bad

What I expect from you:

Vision (ultimate goal):

Mission (short term):

This post has been edited by DanLD: Jun 17 2018, 07:51 AM
skinnydude
post Jul 11 2018, 12:15 PM

On my way
522 posts

Interested to be investor. Pm more details and info.
jlwl99 P
post Mar 15 2020, 07:26 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(oscar1993 @ Mar 28 2018, 07:07 PM)
Hi yklooi smile.gif

Thanks for your advice and it really helpful for me!

cry.gif Paiseh I didn't go into so detail because my intention is just only to look for someone who share the same interests, meet up and discuss further.

Really appreciate your suggestions here,  I will get all answer before meeting up with any potential partner.
i share the same interest too, maybe we can meetup?
angmodan P
post Mar 27 2020, 05:25 PM

Probation
13 posts

Hi! I'm really interested to be your partner! Please PM me so that we can discuss further!
kasey1314
post Mar 29 2020, 11:44 AM

奇人异士
720 posts

If you were still able to process, you could drop by a pm on your current stage.
Platzy
post Apr 26 2020, 05:51 PM

8 posts

pm pls. I would like to know your current stage.
PedangSetiawaNx
post Aug 7 2020, 10:22 PM

1 posts

Hi, please pm me your current progress and your current proposal
Thanks!
alpha_mid
post Aug 28 2020, 10:01 AM

Casual
417 posts

QUOTE(PedangSetiawaNx @ Aug 7 2020, 10:22 PM)
Hi, please pm me your current progress and your current proposal
Thanks!
ya, Oscar mind to share what your current progress ? mind to share ?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:40 PM