~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

seiko monster series
Laccola1980
post Apr 21 2018, 12:03 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(TOHNO @ Mar 27 2018, 08:11 AM)
Hi all!
I've been working for 2 years and after some thought i think i should get myself a decent watch. And if possible maybe 2 - 4 watches a year.
I've always admired watches but never had the economical prowess to collect them.

But these past 8 months my business venture went quite swimmingly and I'm able to save up a decent bit of cash, and so i thought i'll reward myself a little bit.
As a fitness enthusiast I have a soft spot for rugged , long lasting and tough watches. Thus G shocks and Seikos come to mind
I wanted to start with a Seiko 5 SNK military model ... but they're a little tiny for me.

I have a somewhat masculine build. My fulltime job is fitness and health related so yeah my wrist dimensions are a little bigger than most .
So I've been looking around for G shocks and the mudmaster looks amazing ! and so is the GST tough solar models.

The reviews seems to be pretty dandy as well !

But I'm inexperienced with buying watches ... I looked up on Lazada and the mudmaster seems to be around RM700-900 which is pretty fair. Compared to my local G shock retailer that sells for RM1500

So I'm planning to purchase one but which retailers would you guys recommend ? There are like watchspree ... some china retailer etc .
How about your budget? A range of? confused.gif
patryn33
post Apr 21 2018, 04:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,940 posts

QUOTE(TOHNO @ Mar 29 2018, 01:05 PM)
I've thought of the Fenix , fitbit , Casio WSD F20

But I don't believe in digital watches ... I don't think they'll last. And the GPS feature is too extra for me.
I plan to hand down the watch to my kids one day.

A seiko / G shock fits the bill I think
G-Shock not digital watch?
U want to hand down a Seiko or G-Shock to your kids? young kids don't deserve good watches
gc68
post Aug 5 2018, 04:09 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

It depends what is the purpose and what you intend to use it for, as for me I have and plan to get these 3 types:

1. Fitness tracker - for my workouts and runs, I have been using Fitbit Charge HR2 and just recently upgraded to Versa. Cool stuff, it tracks your heart rate all day and even tells me when I am about to fall ill. My resting heart rate increases 2 to 3 days before an onset of illness.

2. Field Watch (aviators, divers or explorer types) - used during my work days and casual outings. Currently using Bell & Ross BR2-93, automatic.

3. Dress watch - used for formal events that goes with by tailor made suites. Thinner than your usual field watch and much more refined. I am currently looking around for a good piece - short listed to Longines, Oris and maybe Omega.

Wonder_Me
post Aug 21 2018, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Well I suggest that you get a tech watch since you are in fitness work.
They can track loads of things while you are moving and notifications while you are bz.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:11 AM