Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New Proton Persona VVT 2016 - Official Thread V4, Its New, Its Refined, Its Safe ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

views

zero5177
post Nov 27 2018, 11:04 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(exeon @ Nov 27 2018, 03:59 PM)
user posted image
Persona CVT total 150km = RM 5,469.31

user posted image
Persona MT total 150km = RM 4,788.28
Hi guys, I have created the latest service price table, seems CVT maintenance is much pricey.
The CVT's service on table is 60k, many choose to had the oil changed around 40k instead, which results in higher maintenance cost than the table shown.
zero5177
post Nov 28 2018, 09:38 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(exeon @ Nov 28 2018, 11:39 AM)
Wow 20k earlier, do u recommend to change at 40k?
Doesn't seem much difference, only the fog lamp part change a bit with DRL hmm.gif
No harm changing more frequently, infact better for the gearbox.

Many feedback that around 40k km the GB response seems reduced

By the way I've reached 40k km, but unfortunately a MT driver tongue.gif
zero5177
post Nov 29 2018, 12:16 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Christy8012 @ Nov 28 2018, 11:19 PM)
I don't understand the GB response reduced part. How does that happen?
Probably feel rough and ratio change is delayed? that's the feedback I've seen, they said the response is noticeable especially when you changed the GB oil to new one
zero5177
post Jan 2 2020, 10:44 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(h0riz0nLine @ Jan 2 2020, 06:30 PM)
Just got my Persona maybe 3 weeks ago. Now when driving I'm hearing wind sound coming in from outside. Anyone encountered this problem before?
Send to SC, they'll fix for you, probably windows run channel
zero5177
post Jan 2 2020, 10:52 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Dec 28 2019, 01:24 AM)
wave.gifwave.gif

Just dropping by say hi.

Was looking for Iriz 1.6 Manual (or used satria neo) which as discontinued but just found out 1.6 Persona Standard in Manual was still in production (why man  confused.gif )

More like wanted to have a manual car to drive around and occasionally rempit here and there.

Not interested in modding, perhaps at most going for better/lighther 15 inch wheel and better tires.

Is there any feedback from MT users regarding vs neo or other car in the same category.
I can only compare with the MT I've driven before, so far Persona MT is the best in my list:-
-1st gen Mvvi 1.3
-Nissan Sunny 130Y
-Proton Iswara 1.3
-Mitsubishi Galent
-Kancil
-Mazda 1000

Good in term of:-
-light and short clutch
-reasobaly strong and shorter 1 - 4 gear ratio
-reasonably ok-ish 5th gear ratio for highway cruising, around 103kph @ 3k rpm (GPS)
-1st gear engagement success rate 100% so far, some other car like Myvi & Nissan Sunny, occasionally I have trouble engaging 1st gear from stop.
-Clutch biting is smooth, but hydraullic get a bit time to get used to.

I heard Inspira is doing better, but I have never driven 1 b4 so can't give feedback.
zero5177
post Jan 3 2020, 11:26 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Jan 3 2020, 09:22 PM)
Hey man, thanks for the detailed feedback.

How about handling wise vs the car you drove before? Good?
Those MT cars I have driven earlier is nothing new or better tech than this Persona VVT

Not gonna say its godlike level, take the closest competition like Myvi 1.3 MT, The Myvi never come close compared to Persona, except around 1-2km/L better in term of fuel consumption.

Even the closer siblings like Saga FLX which also came with Getrag transmission, but the one on Persona is different Ratio and smoother, the gear level also feel much solid in the Persona.

This post has been edited by zero5177: Jan 3 2020, 11:28 PM
zero5177
post Jan 5 2020, 12:14 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Jan 4 2020, 11:55 PM)
That cruising speed rpm is kinda high for 1.6?

My new saga 2019 4AT is 2.9K RPM @110kph
Nowadays AT gear ratio always longer compared to MT which translates to lower RPM, but for Persona, the differences is quite minimal.

103kph @ 3k RPM consider ok-ish for MT

By the way the 2.9k RPM at 110kph is it based on meter or GPS? My MT when refer to meter its around 107kph @ 3k RPM

You can actually calculate the Speed at certain RPM manually by referring to the gear ratio shown in the manual and your wheel size, that should translate to the most accurate reading.

zero5177
post Jan 6 2020, 11:25 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Jack234 @ Jan 6 2020, 07:06 PM)
Own this car since 2016, the first batch Persona.
My feeling for this car is excited every time I drive it until today. It's comfortable, fun to drive(with good tyres), and practical. But of course, I've encountered some problems like the infamous broken brake switch and bolt shaft, but it didn't affect my love on this car.

I've done some DIY last two weeks, which is ceramic coated my car.
Done some polishing, claying and coat it with an USA product.
The glossiness and hydrophobic level is what I have expected. Very shiny and the colour depth increased a lot. You can see the reflection on the door like a mirror.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I have two bottles extra, anyone interested can pm me
Fully DIY? what's the damage?
zero5177
post Jan 8 2020, 10:28 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Jack234 @ Jan 8 2020, 09:27 AM)
Suede applicator, sponge applicator, microfiber buffing towel. All of this are included in the coating package. Click my signature for detail.
Full process take you how long?
zero5177
post Jan 30 2020, 08:59 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Theeban @ Jan 28 2020, 08:59 PM)
i am replacing my accord sv4,which is good but it is getting really old,
i have myvi lagi best for short trips.
my first priority is handling.my accord handles really well so i dont want give up on that.
second is comfort for long distance for driver and also passenger.i went the showroom and sat on the rear and front passenger seat and i noticed it gave me good thigh support similar to my accord.fc is not important to me because i think its not far off from other brands.my accord is a fuel drinker.
3 years MT user here from 1st gen.
-If you don't mind all the little problems, the car have no major issue to fulfill your daily needs.
-Small problems as in like rattling noise, windows run channel wind noise, airbag light illuminate, rear bearing humming, canister purge valve tapping
-Above average long distance comfort for driver and passengers thanks to the stability and huge seats with thigh support for all passengers
-Engine noise is audible at high speed due to average gear ratios (around 2.9k at 110kph for CVT, 3.1k for MT)
-Fuel consumption around -1km/h compared to 1st gen Myvi 1.3 MT, considered slightly below average in today's standard, but not too bad

By the way all the small issues mentioned above is claimable through SC, with condition that you have time to spare during weekday or also having backup car since you have the Myvi

And the good thing about Proton is even you had little modification done to your car, most of the time they still allow you to claim parts which most other maker don't,
small mod as in changed HU, reverse camera, Speakers, Horn, slightly different wheel size

Like other says, if your factory unit came with Silverstone tire, go change for a better one like CC6, Triplemax 2, PS3
it'll make a whole world different.
zero5177
post Jan 30 2020, 09:00 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Hertz96 @ Jan 30 2020, 06:33 PM)
Hey everyone, collecting my car tomorrow and I'd like to know if there's a collection check list that I could go through during handover.

Any available? Thanks.
Don't worry, there will be a check list from dealer which should pretty much covers most of the stuffs
zero5177
post Jan 31 2020, 11:44 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(wh0cares @ Jan 31 2020, 08:28 PM)
Any performance upgrade for vvt?
Can transplant CFE ?
0-100 is shorter
Fuel economy is more superior

Compared to IAFM version.

Heard the engine block was CFE based without the turbo, but not sure how true is that...
zero5177
post Feb 10 2020, 10:50 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(wai_w3ng @ Feb 10 2020, 11:46 AM)
Problem with MT cars is the resell value... I just sold my 08 myvi MT and the diff between AT and MT is 2 to 3k diff...
Pain bro..
Price diff between Auto and MT when new is more than just 2 to 3k, so its quite even if you gotta hold it for over 10 years
zero5177
post Feb 14 2020, 12:02 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(rifles @ Feb 13 2020, 11:02 AM)
just want to ask anyone know the spare tire storage compartment at the boot can fit original persona rim size or not?
Its a space saver, I think the cover won't sit if u put ori size
zero5177
post Feb 14 2020, 12:08 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(child of escobar @ Feb 12 2020, 12:12 PM)
comparing between the saga and persona (both high spec). is it worth it to spend the additional ~rm 15k for the persona ? to get the better power, specs, features, comfort ?
If you ask me, yes
-Bigger space & headroom
-Bigger and wider seat
-Sturdier body with HPF 5 star crash test
-More stable highway cruising
-Better handling
-Bigger boot-space
-More powerful engine

If the 15k means a lot to you and u want to drive the car in <5 years waiting for a more worthy replacement, then get the Saga.
zero5177
post Feb 14 2020, 12:11 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(wai_w3ng @ Feb 11 2020, 11:58 PM)
So sifu sifu here... Any upgrades recommended for the car? Except for the tires
Should I do soundproofing?
If you're the ICE person, go for a new set of component speaker, and probably HU & Reverse camera if your HU is basic without reverse camera

Many who added Ultra Racing 1st stage seems happy too
zero5177
post Feb 18 2020, 10:24 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(wai_w3ng @ Feb 14 2020, 12:24 AM)
1st stage huh...means ARB and FSB?
it doesn't void warranty isn't it...

i'm definitely gonna do soundproofing as i hate those humming sound that makes me dizzy when i drive long hours...maybe 4 doors first

mine is premium la...for me no point getting the other variant...as 6 airbags wins the rest...LOL...scare die ma~~
Yeah... ARB and FSB
Sound proofing on door seems like a good idea... they only use clear plastic..

Have u change tire yet? Or still with Silverstone?

If still with Silverstone I would suggest u change tire first... cause really noisy
zero5177
post Feb 18 2020, 10:30 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Feb 15 2020, 11:54 PM)
Since you guys roll in manual persona, performance wise do you have any complain about it?

If I not mistaken proton esc will automatically cut off throttle input while you press on it if you hit the brake. Does that mean you cant do heal and toe?

Felt Persona/Iriz pedal placement was much better than Saga.

Is your persona the new one or the old version? Its pity they no longer produce Iriz 1.6 manual, I dont thin iriz 1.3 manual will have the same fun facotr (and this is closest to it) icon_question.gif

I think kudos for them to have manual on their lineup. I not really fancy those high end up stuff since I tend to keep using the car till it break apart (my current wheel is 14 Years old). Mayb being standard variant does mean less things will fail over time  smile.gif
I don't do heel to toe much... the placement was very good.. So far I didn't feel throttle cut off when I heel to toe, engine still revs... but I'm no expert in this field.

My only complain is the odd torque cut off especially when 1st gear to 2nd... its a bit hard to get smooth engagement when change gear at high rev, need to clutch longer...

getting the basic variant like u said, less thing failing and more space for upgrade, like ICE... if u opt for premium, you'll feel not worth upgrading HU cause u already paid for it..
but still some things cannot be simply added later like Airbags, push start and etc...
zero5177
post Feb 22 2020, 07:09 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(wai_w3ng @ Feb 19 2020, 12:57 AM)
I did allocated money for the 4 donuts... But surprisingly when I got the car yesterday... It's running on Goodyear assurance triplemax... So now I also don't know to change or not change... As the money can be used to upgrade other things ma...
Hey that's good for you.. The Triplemax is quite good tbh, you're lucky to have that, it's one of the best tire u can get for this Persona

Invest on some decent tinting
zero5177
post Feb 22 2020, 07:21 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Feb 19 2020, 01:55 PM)
Thank for the feed back, did you do any wheel mod or just fully stock. I am well aware of the stock tire is shit, so many ppl changed it to something better.

Not sure if you tested Iriz before & able to differentiate the handling difference. read some say its softer than Iriz and recommended iriz if one wanted more spirited drive  icon_question.gif

Maybe the upgraded thing other than airbags are more for personal preference? Maybe because I am the old skool type of person who dont mind those basic item so long the car is able to roll on without much drama or thing falling apart since my current ride is quite old. icon_idea.gif
Nope. I just change tire upsize a lil... stock is 185/55r15, I went for 195/55r15, slightly bigger diameter look better on the car and to get slightly faster speed at same rpm (closer to meter readings)

I've driven 1st Gen Iriz before, but I own Persona 1 year later... thus couldn't remember the differences...
Logically, Iriz should perform much better in handling because the chasis was engineered to be Iriz... Persona is something added on later, but so far I have no complain with the Persona,
the handling is decent enough for me and comfort is on point. Could have been better if the suspension slightly harder... but that came with a cost for passenger comfort... so can't complaint.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2040sec    0.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:24 PM