Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> New Proton Persona VVT 2016 - Official Thread V4, Its New, Its Refined, Its Safe ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

views

zero5177
post Feb 18 2020, 10:30 PM

5 Stars Horse Tail
741 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Feb 15 2020, 11:54 PM)
Since you guys roll in manual persona, performance wise do you have any complain about it?

If I not mistaken proton esc will automatically cut off throttle input while you press on it if you hit the brake. Does that mean you cant do heal and toe?

Felt Persona/Iriz pedal placement was much better than Saga.

Is your persona the new one or the old version? Its pity they no longer produce Iriz 1.6 manual, I dont thin iriz 1.3 manual will have the same fun facotr (and this is closest to it) icon_question.gif

I think kudos for them to have manual on their lineup. I not really fancy those high end up stuff since I tend to keep using the car till it break apart (my current wheel is 14 Years old). Mayb being standard variant does mean less things will fail over time  smile.gif
I don't do heel to toe much... the placement was very good.. So far I didn't feel throttle cut off when I heel to toe, engine still revs... but I'm no expert in this field.

My only complain is the odd torque cut off especially when 1st gear to 2nd... its a bit hard to get smooth engagement when change gear at high rev, need to clutch longer...

getting the basic variant like u said, less thing failing and more space for upgrade, like ICE... if u opt for premium, you'll feel not worth upgrading HU cause u already paid for it..
but still some things cannot be simply added later like Airbags, push start and etc...
littlegamer
post Feb 18 2020, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(jlkh760830 @ Feb 17 2020, 10:17 PM)
Guys,,
After comparing New Persona model,  I've decided to purchase the STD CVT model which the price are reasonable.
On the road with insurance only cost RM 46k ++. I'm plans to loan RM 30k only.

But I've few questions to ask all Sifu here.
I plans to change HU, is there anyone change before HU for STD model with plug & play wiring socket?

And because of STD model, the rear door didn't came with rear audio speaker. Anyone know what's the size of the speaker and anyone know the rear door came with along speaker harness wiring for plug and play to rear speakers?

And also I plans to change the std 15inch sport rim to 16 inch with better tyre.
Actually which brand tyre for 16 inch should be recomemded? And rim + tyres 16 inch usually cost how much ?

Tqvm to all Sifu first ya...
Get the executive for extra rm5k. Your seats can't be folded with std variant, there are other benefits for that added 5k.

As an owner who changed my rim and revert back to ori rim, I suggest not to. Aftermarket rim makes the car ride rough and spoil my handling.
wai_w3ng
post Feb 19 2020, 12:57 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Feb 18 2020, 10:24 PM)
Yeah... ARB and FSB
Sound proofing on door seems like a good idea... they only use clear plastic..

Have u change tire yet? Or still with Silverstone?

If still with Silverstone I would suggest u change tire first... cause really noisy
I did allocated money for the 4 donuts... But surprisingly when I got the car yesterday... It's running on Goodyear assurance triplemax... So now I also don't know to change or not change... As the money can be used to upgrade other things ma...
minizian
post Feb 19 2020, 01:55 PM

Enthusiast
786 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Feb 18 2020, 10:30 PM)
I don't do heel to toe much... the placement was very good.. So far I didn't feel throttle cut off when I heel to toe, engine still revs... but I'm no expert in this field.

My only complain is the odd torque cut off especially when 1st gear to 2nd... its a bit hard to get smooth engagement when change gear at high rev, need to clutch longer...

getting the basic variant like u said, less thing failing and more space for upgrade, like ICE... if u opt for premium, you'll feel not worth upgrading HU cause u already paid for it..
but still some things cannot be simply added later like Airbags, push start and etc...
Thank for the feed back, did you do any wheel mod or just fully stock. I am well aware of the stock tire is shit, so many ppl changed it to something better.

Not sure if you tested Iriz before & able to differentiate the handling difference. read some say its softer than Iriz and recommended iriz if one wanted more spirited drive icon_question.gif

Maybe the upgraded thing other than airbags are more for personal preference? Maybe because I am the old skool type of person who dont mind those basic item so long the car is able to roll on without much drama or thing falling apart since my current ride is quite old. icon_idea.gif

PersonaMT@88
post Feb 19 2020, 05:15 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Jan 31 2020, 11:44 PM)
0-100 is shorter
Fuel economy is more superior

Compared to IAFM version.

Heard the engine block was CFE based without the turbo, but not sure how true is that...
it is possibility tomake your persona vvt engine to become "Half CFE". According to proton technician, CFE crankshaft is forged compare to persona VVT 1.6,so you have to change to CFE crankshaft+piston, then because of the low compression, CFE = 8.9:1, persona vvt = 10:1 (2mmdifference), so you have to bolt on turbo like RHF3 V32/33. Boost about 0.7 bar due to strong internals.
piston and crankshaft is pnp due to Bore are the same. Added with standalone ECU instead of piggyback (replace factory ECU to have full control to the engine), So there is no problem to hit 180 hp.

And one thing, you can also using CFE injectors and exhaust manifold just pnp will do. Don;t use the CFR turbine because it's sucks.
to have more factory look, using CFE air box with intake hose if you don't want to use open pod. Added aftermarket intercooler so your modification is complete and perfect!

CFE VVT
Compression ratio: 8.9:1
Stroke: 86 mm (3.4 in)
Bore: 76 mm (3.0 in)

VVT
Compression ratio: 10:1
Stroke: 88 mm (3.5 in)
Bore: 76 mm (3.0 in)

PersonaMT@88
post Feb 19 2020, 05:46 PM

0 posts

Sad case...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Ashhh
post Feb 19 2020, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Hi geng.

If my aircond starts to make a sound like 'hissing' @ cengkerik sound, does it mean the aircond's gas is low? Or is it due to any other problem?
PersonaMT@88
post Feb 19 2020, 11:07 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Ashhh @ Feb 19 2020, 06:38 PM)
Hi geng.

If my aircond starts to make a sound like 'hissing' @ cengkerik sound, does it mean the aircond's gas is low? Or is it due to any other problem?
There are a socket under the glove box, try to loosing the socket a bit (but still connectable) then the cengkerik sound will gone
mushigen
post Feb 19 2020, 11:41 PM

Enthusiast
848 posts

QUOTE(PersonaMT@88 @ Feb 19 2020, 05:46 PM)
Sad case...
Hit by a bike?
PersonaMT@88
post Feb 20 2020, 11:30 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Feb 19 2020, 11:41 PM)
Hit by a bike?
Yup. The motor cyclist still in coma.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0387sec    1.08    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 09:35 AM