Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to start my business?

views

TSchun
post May 10 2007, 10:42 PM, updated 17y ago

Getting Started
85 posts

To all the sifus out there... I have tonnes of ideas in starting my business. But I dunno how to start leh, u know la... need $$$ to start mah... thumbup.gif I heard you can get investors to from certain organzations...

Anyone knows how to get the investors and sell them the idea that they would pump some $$$ into my idea? drool.gif
Infinity
post May 10 2007, 10:55 PM

no limit
Group Icon
Elite
3,001 posts

QUOTE(chun @ May 10 2007, 10:42 PM)
To all the sifus out there... I have tonnes of ideas in starting my business. But I dunno how to start leh, u know la... need $$$ to start mah... thumbup.gif  I heard you can get investors to from certain organzations...

Anyone knows how to get the investors and sell them the idea that they would pump some $$$ into my idea? drool.gif
how about ah long ? brows.gif
sumitup
post May 10 2007, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(Infinity @ May 10 2007, 10:55 PM)
how about ah long ? brows.gif
good idea you have. hehe. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

besides ah long try help black market to wash money. sweat.gif rclxub.gif whistling.gif
Zzz...
post May 10 2007, 11:17 PM

Casual
456 posts

Diff products have diff target segment of investors....depends on ur skill n initiative 2 find out about them
justin_nys
post May 11 2007, 12:21 AM

Regular
1,192 posts

there are more failed business than succesful business..so read up..learn up..before starting smile.gif
rachelsly
post May 11 2007, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

first... what business u wanna do..?
do u have a location..?
have u calculate the capital u need..?
yewkhuay
post May 11 2007, 12:35 AM

I don't even belong here....
6,657 posts

ya, wat do u plan to do business 1st ? trade or service or ?
PKGreat
post May 11 2007, 09:31 AM

On my way
573 posts

normally people will not accept your idea unless you given a business plan .

try to start on a businees plan and marketing plan to help improve your presentation.

shanlim
post May 11 2007, 12:01 PM

3 posts

Hi Chun,

I agree with Henry, before you start any business, you need to turn your brilliant business idea into a good business plan. Many young people just execute their ideas without a plan. That is not the right way.

A business plan will help you put your thoughts in order, determine whether your idea is viable, capable of making a profit, hit target within the specific time frame and if the business can be expanded. The business plan is also a guide for your implementation & execution schedule.

Coming up with a business plan is just that, you will also need a mentor & help with funding and resources and forging of network.

A very good venue to start is JCI Best Business Plan Competition, organised by Junior Chamber International Malaysia. JCI is a worldwide federation of young leaders & entrepreneurs aged between 18-40, that strongly promotes entrepreneurship in the community.

Through this competition you will have the chance to turn your business idea into a viable business, by winning the USD5,000 to kick start your business! Our partners and judges are from Venture Capitalists, university professors and successful entrepreneurs! Just imagine getting your business plans viewed by these judges and the huge potential for your business! thumbup.gif

More information, go to www.mybiz-start.org.

Contact me Shannon 012-2057 056 or Brandon 012-2431649, if you need more information.

Btw, JCI is a non-profit (NGO) youth organisation, where we learn, grow & network to BE BETTER

Shannon Lim
JCI Best Business Plan Organising Committee
012-2057 056
www.mybiz-start.org

QUOTE(PKGreat @ May 11 2007, 09:31 AM)
normally people will not accept your idea unless you given a business plan .

try to start on a businees plan and marketing plan to help improve your presentation.
TSchun
post May 11 2007, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(rachelsly @ May 11 2007, 12:24 AM)
first...  what business u wanna do..?
do u have a location..?
have u calculate the capital u need..?
woh... Thanks alot for all the sifus advise... didn't think that there were so much to do... but Ah Long ar? want meh?? kakakaka..

i guess what rachelsly said is very important... need to lay out all those details 1st hor...

shanlim... hmmm interesting. Will look into it. I guess i'll need to learn how to prepare a powerful business plan...
luqmanz
post May 11 2007, 03:23 PM

Trading Geek
2,144 posts

A very good venue to start is JCI Best Business Plan Competition, organised by Junior Chamber International Malaysia. JCI is a worldwide federation of young leaders & entrepreneurs aged between 18-40, that strongly promotes entrepreneurship in the community.
Lol .. I didn't know a 40 year old is considered as young. sweat.gif sweat.gif

To threadstarter .. develop your business plan first. Focus on your sales and marketing in your plan. Technically you can sell almost anything with good sales and marketing LOL including cow/sheep dung (fertilizer).
SUSMNet
post May 11 2007, 03:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

QUOTE(shanlim @ May 11 2007, 12:01 PM)
Hi Chun,

I agree with Henry, before you start any business, you need to turn your brilliant business idea into a good business plan. Many young people just execute their ideas without a plan. That is not the right way.

A business plan will help you put your thoughts in order, determine whether your idea is viable, capable of making a profit, hit target within the specific time frame and if the business can be expanded. The business plan is also a guide for your implementation & execution schedule.

Coming up with a business plan is just that, you will also need a mentor & help with funding and resources and forging of network.

Through this competition you will have the chance to turn your business idea into a viable business, by winning the USD5,000 to kick start your business! Our partners and judges are from Venture Capitalists, university professors and successful entrepreneurs! Just imagine getting your business plans viewed by these judges and the huge potential for your business!  thumbup.gif

Contact me Shannon 012-2057 056 or Brandon 012-2431649, if you need more information.

Btw, JCI is a non-profit (NGO) youth organisation, where we learn, grow & network to BE BETTER

Shannon Lim
012-2057 056
www.mybiz-start.org
u mean that i must tell u the business plan? shocking.gif
how do u assure us that u will not misuse the bisnees plan that i submit to u?
for me the bizness plan is the top level secret
do you all think so?
jong52yuara
post May 11 2007, 03:47 PM

Forex is the best business you can do.
1,704 posts

tons of information here

http://www.entrepreneur.com/
http://www.bplans.com/
http://www.morebusiness.com/businessplan/
http://www.fao.org/docrep/W4343E/w4343e00.htm#Contents
http://www.fastcompany.com/guides/
http://www.smallbiztrends.com/
TSchun
post May 11 2007, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

alqa
post May 21 2007, 01:35 PM

Casual
346 posts

QUOTE(shanlim @ May 11 2007, 12:01 PM)
Hi Chun,

Through this competition you will have the chance to turn your business idea into a viable business, by winning the USD5,000 to kick start your business! Our partners and judges are from Venture Capitalists, university professors and successful entrepreneurs! Just imagine getting your business plans viewed by these judges and the huge potential for your business!  thumbup.gif

Shannon Lim
012-2057 056
www.mybiz-start.org
whaaaaa got a business plan competition? rclxm9.gif is it judged on the business idea or the creativity of the writing, content and research? so professional business plan writer like me can also apply? drool.gif

if its judged by the plan's structure, writing skills, content richness and design, then you can just submit any bogus business ideas. but if its gonna be judged on the feasability and marketability of the proposed business venture, then better save and send it to the bankers and venture capitalists instead.

This post has been edited by alqa: May 21 2007, 01:36 PM
luqmanz
post May 21 2007, 02:47 PM

Trading Geek
2,144 posts

QUOTE(alqa @ May 21 2007, 01:35 PM)
whaaaaa got a business plan competition?  rclxm9.gif  is it judged on the business idea or the creativity of the writing, content and research? so professional business plan writer like me can also apply?  drool.gif

if its judged by the plan's structure, writing skills, content richness and design, then you can just submit any bogus business ideas. but if its gonna be judged on the feasability and marketability of the proposed business venture, then better save and send it to the bankers and venture capitalists instead.
I think there's no point in writing bogus business plan that's loaded with eye-candy. sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
They must be planning to let the best business idea wins.
alqa
post May 21 2007, 08:16 PM

Casual
346 posts

QUOTE(chun @ May 10 2007, 10:42 PM)
To all the sifus out there... I have tonnes of ideas in starting my business. But I dunno how to start leh, u know la... need $$$ to start mah... thumbup.gif  I heard you can get investors to from certain organzations...

bro, like all the other sifus have mentioned earlier, you ideas is worth nothing if you dont know how to put it into a readable form.. and business plan is the best way to go since it will also require you to include the cost factor, required CapEx and OpEx as well as ROI, BE analysis, time to market, etc.

if you are ready to embark on those business plan writing... then let me know. cos there are several bodies and agencies that evaluate such business plans, and can provide or recommend funding for your project... and best of all most of these funding are available as grants! (no need to pay back).

funding are provided in several stages: pre-seed money, patent development, seed capital, branding initiative, angel funding, business improvement process, vc, listing ... and of course the usual factoring, project financing, capital/asset financing, etc.

your business plan will help identify in which category you should be funded.

true that there are lots and i mean LOTS of fund floating around, and they are easy to grab, and they are not limited to bumis only... but you need to follow the right channel using the right medium to acquire them.

oh one more thing.. everybody got tonnes of ideas.. but its the guy with the business plan that got funded. whistling.gif

jong52yuara
post May 21 2007, 09:55 PM

1,704 posts

QUOTE(alqa @ May 21 2007, 08:16 PM)
bro, like all the other sifus have mentioned earlier, you ideas is worth nothing if you dont know how to put it into a readable form.. and business plan is the best way to go since it will also require you to include the cost factor, required CapEx and OpEx as well as ROI, BE analysis, time to market, etc.

if you are ready to embark on those business plan writing... then let me know. cos there are several bodies and agencies that evaluate such business plans, and can provide or recommend funding for your project... and best of all most of these funding are available as grants! (no need to pay back).

funding are provided in several stages: pre-seed money, patent development, seed capital, branding initiative, angel funding, business improvement process, vc, listing ... and of course the usual factoring, project financing, capital/asset financing, etc.

your business plan will help identify in which category you should be funded.

true that there are lots and i mean LOTS of fund floating around, and they are easy to grab, and they are not limited to bumis only... but you need to follow the right channel using the right medium to acquire them.

oh one more thing.. everybody got tonnes of ideas.. but its the guy with the business plan that got funded.  whistling.gif
can you tell me what are these bodies and agencies? you sure they will fund your business plan for free? lol..
alqa
post May 21 2007, 10:51 PM

Casual
346 posts

bro check out these agencies: MDeC, SMIDeC, Cradle, Ministry of Science & technology (which holds the key to all biotech billions), CGC, NEF, SME Bank, Female Entrepreneur Development Committee, etc and the list goes on and on and on...

Added on May 21, 2007, 10:53 pmoh... btw cant tell you the exact scheme nor channel... its call market resctriction of entry whistling.gif me no like competition kia

This post has been edited by alqa: May 21 2007, 10:53 PM
jong52yuara
post May 21 2007, 11:39 PM

1,704 posts

QUOTE(alqa @ May 21 2007, 10:51 PM)
bro check out these agencies: MDeC, SMIDeC, Cradle, Ministry of Science & technology (which holds the key to all biotech billions), CGC, NEF, SME Bank, Female Entrepreneur Development Committee, etc and the list goes on and on and on...

Added on May 21, 2007, 10:53 pmoh... btw cant tell you the exact scheme nor channel... its call market resctriction of entry whistling.gif me no like competition kia
i see.. thanks for your advice.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.61    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:14 PM