Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> EVPAD, Does anyone has constant 0kbps?

views

Kiefer
post Jun 18 2019, 12:27 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(linkingLine @ Jun 18 2019, 11:22 AM)
haha ! you  bought EVPAD ? I bought a latest version third gerneration few days ago!  i  have lots of problem at the begainning but i ask  evpad's customer service for help!  thumbsup.gif  really nice paitient!
now,running very good! haha, mabye you should seek for help from  evpad's offical , wish this can help you !
Hi, I got evpad 3 max last month. So far so good, only that after a while it is ON or idle at homepage, i gotten 0% when opening. So I have to restart the box.

there is one time where an episode of a drama can't open, the customer service did help sort it out.

mind to share any tips on the problems you faced? thx
Kiefer
post Jul 22 2019, 09:07 AM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(davidw89 @ Jul 22 2019, 01:28 AM)
EVPAD 3 issue where when I autostart with the live TV, it hangs/frozen?! Is it a wifi issue?
autostart.. possible wifi as during booting, the wifi connection will be established a bit later, hence autostart live-tv may cause to hang.
Kiefer
post Aug 20 2019, 11:00 AM

Casual
469 posts

Question: We have new version of apps which has been updated automatically, but the EVpad 3 Store seems not updating even there is a new version... do any of you know how to update that EVPAD 3 Store (Evpad 3 商城)?

I tried pressing "0", it brings to browser with an url, but nothing happen there.. mmmm

Thx in advanced.
Kiefer
post Aug 21 2019, 08:37 AM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(Yveatel @ Aug 20 2019, 08:01 PM)
I did. Automatic ask me to download which i did. It is smoother but still.... got some lag.
Yes, I updated it as well. Slightly better.

What is the broadband speed you using? At first, I am using LAN cable cat-6, it works but somehow there are lag where it achieved <10mbps. I wonder why as i thought it is the cable, but after further checking the box has only 10mbps LAN port... aiya.
After switching to wifi 5G, it went up to 200+mbps (i am using 300mpbs line) and it is much much better now.

How I wish the LAN port in the evpad box has better spec.
Kiefer
post Oct 16 2019, 02:07 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(SnoopyDevil @ Oct 16 2019, 10:27 AM)
Hi all, just like to ask your opinion. I find that the streaming speed is quite bad when using EVPad, especially at night time (peak period). I am using Maxis homeservices 30mbps

1) Does it make a big different if I pull a direct cable from my router?

2) May I know if these steps are correct to do the above? Modem -> Cable to router -> Router to tvbox. My fibre setup has 2 devices, a modem and a router
depends on which evpad you have. some evpad model has wifi 5Ghz (upto 1300mbps but shorter distance) and some only has 2.4Ghz (upto 600mbps). the network port could be 10/100 only, and should use at least CAT5e cable.. all these depends on what evpad spec you have and also the router you have too.

You can try it out with cable and then with wifi to check the speed.

As you have just 30mbps line, either one will do, just which one stable to use.

We all connect the cable to the router <> evpad.

Kiefer
post Oct 16 2019, 02:08 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(linkingLine @ Oct 15 2019, 12:06 AM)
WOW xingkong VOD !a someone has used it? its achievable at 3plus &3max !  even more movies and faster than Mars vod ,how a pity  i bought a 3pro .oh sad
not fully tried out this. .as yesterday, the movie image was blank.. maybe later.
Kiefer
post Oct 17 2019, 10:12 AM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(SnoopyDevil @ Oct 17 2019, 07:53 AM)
Thanks kiefer. Mine is evpad 3s. You were right, I think it only detects my 2.4ghz signal. I've bought a 30m flat cat6.

So you're saying even using LAN port it has limitation and won't be as fast as I thought?
I have 3Max, at first I thought the LAN would be better.. so I started with Cable first, but it lags somehow, so tested the unit using speedtest and it does not go beyond 70mbps. So i wonder and swap to wifi 5G wifi and it is much better and got to know the lan port on 10/100. in terms of LAN port, some can support up to 1000mbps already.

What I think as your fiber lan line is 30mbps, using either 2.4ghz wifi or LAN is should be the same. Just that whether which one better for your unit.

You can enable and disable the wifi on the evpad & plug in-out the LAN cable to test out.
Kiefer
post Oct 17 2019, 03:02 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(SnoopyDevil @ Oct 17 2019, 02:17 PM)
How do I tell what speed is the max ethernet port on my evpad? I don't see that on the box or their official page. My unit should be the EVPAD 3S - MY model
i don't find any on my 3Max too in terms of LAN port info. What I did is, after connecting to LAN or wifi, I just open the internet browser in the evpad and run it. that would tell you the speed.

As I am on unifi 300mpbs package, my wifi 5ghz can get about 270-290mpbs.. but when on LAN, it is just 95-100 max only. At first i wonder it is the cable, but i checked my router it is 1gb LAN.. and the cable is CAT5e. I thought it was cable, I tried on my notebook, it gets 280-290 also...
So it is the LAN port 10/100 only.

Right now using 5ghz wifi on my 3Max.
Kiefer
post Oct 23 2019, 02:46 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(SamD @ Oct 23 2019, 01:58 PM)
All Evpad products so far come with only 100mbps LAN on the RJ45 port, even for  both 3Max and the latest 3-PLUS, see below links.

Evpad 3PLUS Hardware Spec

Evpad 3Max Hardware Spec

@SnoopyDevil, in your case your Maxis home speed is only 30mbps, so connecting via the LAN port should get your near 100mbps and more stable than over WiFi connection.
Thanks.. i am using 5ghz wifi now where the wifi router and evpad is very near, so no problem as of now.
Kiefer
post Oct 29 2019, 04:36 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(SnoopyDevil @ Oct 29 2019, 04:04 PM)
Thanks guys for sharing the info and user experience.

After switching to cable my streaming speed is a lot better. However, MARS VOD is still quite slow. Someone posted in my other thread that EVPAD deliberately limits the speed of their in-house app (MARS VOD, for example) due to CDN costing. Is that true? Is there also a way to unblock the CDN limitation on my device?
good to hear that.. on the speed limit i am not sure as I just watched a vod movie and it is all good with Mars VOD.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0333sec    1.43    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 11:37 AM