Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

WTA Recommendation for Coaxial speaker, Simple upgrade for non ICE kaki

views

TSJayi
post Mar 24 2018, 04:40 PM, updated 7y ago

Regular Lurker
969 posts

My family owns a Axia and all of us complain how muddy its audio sounds thus decided to do a bit of upgrade on the stock audio system

I am sure that some will suggest to change HU first but after much much readings here there especially in Axia thread LYN, decided to remain the stock head unit and change the front stock 4" speaker.
I also read that stock speaker takes in 40 watt and the speaker hole is actually 6.5".

So now we simply want a good simple upgrade over the stock setup, prioritizing on best bang per buck upgrade. Budget maximum is RM300.
With such budget, I believe it is clear that 2 way coaxial is the way to go.

Done some market survey for coaxial speaker online at Xciteaudio & Lazada speaker, there is simply too many brand & type to choose rclxub.gif

Anyhow highlighting some of my findings
Alpine SPJ-17C2 Type-J 6.5'' - 210 (my choice so far)
CARROZZERIA TS-6080S - 288 (seems many jdm fella like this brand)
Focal Auditor R165C 6.5 - RM399 (seems good but way over budget so nope)

Can ICE sifu here recommend any better ones?

And since this just involving replacing out stock speaker, I am thinking to just to DIY and not visiting audio accessories shop biggrin.gif
As far as I know, its should just be unplug the wires and connect to the new speaker. And get spacer rings if the speaker magnet touches the window glass.
Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Summary to recap:
Need recommendation for 2 way coaxial speaker 6.5" under RM300

Thanks guys!
naveenkalai7
post Mar 26 2018, 10:14 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(Jayi @ Mar 24 2018, 04:40 PM)
My family owns a Axia and all of us complain how muddy its audio sounds thus decided to do a bit of upgrade on the stock audio system

I am sure that some will suggest to change HU first but after much much readings here there especially in Axia thread LYN, decided to remain the stock head unit and change the front stock 4" speaker.
I also read that stock speaker takes in 40 watt and the speaker hole is actually 6.5".

So now we simply want a good simple upgrade over the stock setup, prioritizing on best bang per buck upgrade. Budget maximum is RM300.
With such budget, I believe it is clear that 2 way coaxial is the way to go.

Done some market survey for coaxial speaker online at Xciteaudio & Lazada speaker, there is simply too many brand & type to choose  rclxub.gif

Anyhow highlighting some of my findings
Can ICE sifu here recommend any better ones?
And since this just involving replacing out stock speaker, I am thinking to just to DIY and not visiting audio accessories shop  biggrin.gif
As far as I know, its should just be unplug the wires and connect to the new speaker. And get spacer rings if the speaker magnet touches the window glass.
Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Summary to recap:
Need recommendation for 2 way coaxial speaker 6.5" under RM300
Thanks guys!
Have a look at these bro..

https://xciteaudio.com/index.php?route=prod...&product_id=305

https://xciteaudio.com/index.php?route=prod...&product_id=306

Component set is better than coaxial speakers bro.. Comp set will give you better sound and staging since comes with midbass and tweeter separately..
TSJayi
post Mar 26 2018, 07:05 PM

Regular Lurker
969 posts

QUOTE(naveenkalai7 @ Mar 26 2018, 10:14 AM)
Have a look at these bro..

https://xciteaudio.com/index.php?route=prod...&product_id=305

https://xciteaudio.com/index.php?route=prod...&product_id=306
Component set is better than coaxial speakers bro.. Comp set will give you better sound and staging since comes with midbass and tweeter separately..
But isnt coaxial also combination of woofer and tweeter? Is there any reason you recommend this DB Drive brand over the rest?
tennytyy
post Mar 27 2018, 12:06 PM

Regular
1,881 posts

Any of the speakers you listed will be a huge upgrade compared to the stock one.
The stock one is just ear bleeding listening to it.
TSJayi
post Mar 27 2018, 12:20 PM

Regular Lurker
969 posts

QUOTE(tennytyy @ Mar 27 2018, 12:06 PM)
Any of the speakers you listed will be a huge upgrade compared to the stock one.
The stock one is just ear bleeding listening to it.
I couldn't agree more laugh.gif but now I'm in need of opinion to choose which particular brand and model
naveenkalai7
post Mar 27 2018, 12:54 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(Jayi @ Mar 26 2018, 07:05 PM)
But isnt coaxial also combination of woofer and tweeter? Is there any reason you recommend this DB Drive brand over the rest?
Its combined together but you cant separate the frequency bro.. And also you cant mount the speaker in the best position for better listening experience.. component set comes with a crossover so you can tune the frequency for both midbass and tweeter.. and you can install the tweeter on dashboard or A pillar for better staging..

Thats the reason why generally for front they install component set bro.. No any reason to recommend DB Drive as i never listened to them.. But found it within your budget bro..
Bal108108 P
post Jul 27 2022, 08:36 PM

Probation
0 posts

Just saw this.. considering to get from.them. Thx bro
Bal108108 P
post Jul 27 2022, 08:38 PM

Probation
0 posts

Thx Naveenkalai. Just saw this. Considering to get.from.them.

KenDiriwan
post Aug 19 2022, 06:15 PM

2,257 posts

First off, never put a pair of coaxial in the front that's like disabling the potential you supposed to get with a component set. As naveen mention, positioning your tweeter on dashboard or A-pillar gives you a much proper staging as you don't want a singer singing from down at your feet. Leave the coaxial wish for your rear door.

Have not listened to db drive, dare not say anything. Would recommend you to push a little more on the budget and get Hertz UNO K165

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:36 AM