Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Restaurant Close Down, can ask for compensation?, Any other victim?

views

TSyingying213
post Mar 22 2018, 05:29 PM, updated 6y ago

3 posts

Would like to seek opinion over this.

I have booked with deposit paid for my wedding dinner about 18 months before my wedding date at one of the outlet from the OXXXXX group.

On the 8 1/2 months before the wedding date, the manager called to say that they are closing down that month. They will need to relocate us to the new outlet, which the building is still under construction, and instead of the minimum number of tables X, they are now offering us the maximum number X. which is not acceptable on my side.

And the on-going construction new outlet is TENTATIVELY completed on the Q3, where my wedding is on Q4. With the advise of expert on construction friends, it is very likely the construction will be delayed and my wedding will be missed.

We have look for a new venue to change, but it is fully booked for the date, we have to split the banquet to the second day. We are being charged by other vendors for split day charges. We are thinking to ask for compensation.

I heard there are also another 2 outlets closing down this month as well, as I had called almost all the places.

Any couple face the same issue?
jojo_g2
post Mar 22 2018, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Just an opinion. Can always do like the old days.. wedding done at school hall or association hall or something like that. very ol skool.

This post has been edited by jojo_g2: Mar 22 2018, 05:43 PM
tsg_7
post Mar 22 2018, 05:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

Since is just wedding dinner, postpone everything to next year. Of coz, you need to ask the current restaurant for compensate on your lose due to vendor charge you becoz of his restaurant closure providing it is back-to-back charge. Try to have a good environment discussion and if heats coming up, ask for deposit refund with compensate accordingly and then ban kaw kaw. Becoz if you continue to book with his restaurant, maybe in the kitchen he will spit saliva into your food. Hahahaha!!!! Just joking.
kambingkoh
post Mar 22 2018, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(yingying213 @ Mar 22 2018, 05:29 PM)

I have booked with deposit paid for my wedding dinner about 18 months before my wedding date at one of the outlet from the  OXXXXX group.

On the 8 1/2 months before the wedding date, the manager called to say that they are closing down that month. They will need to relocate us to the new outlet, which the building is still under construction, and instead of the minimum number of tables X, they are now offering us the maximum number X. which is not acceptable on my side.

And the on-going construction new outlet is TENTATIVELY completed on the Q3, where my wedding is on Q4. With the advise of expert on construction friends, it is very likely the construction will be delayed and my wedding will be missed.

We have look for a new venue to change, but it is fully booked for the date, we have to split the banquet to the second day. We are being charged by other vendors for split day charges. We are thinking to ask for compensation.

I heard there are also another 2 outlets closing down this month as well, as I had called almost all the places.

Don’t quite get it. They are asking you to take the maximum number of tables now?
TSyingying213
post Mar 22 2018, 08:35 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(jojo_g2 @ Mar 22 2018, 05:42 PM)
Just an opinion. Can always do like the old days.. wedding done at school hall or association hall or something like that. very ol skool.
Ya. Did thought of that, found a school hall nearby, but need to make the elderly climb the staircase..
TSyingying213
post Mar 22 2018, 08:37 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Mar 22 2018, 08:28 PM)
Don’t quite get it. They are asking you to take the maximum number of tables now?
Example i requested I need a minimum of 50 tables, as the hall can fit 60. Now they are giving me a hall that maximum can fit 50 tables. Usually we keep spare until date is near to confirm the number of tables.
TSyingying213
post Mar 22 2018, 08:39 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(tsg_7 @ Mar 22 2018, 05:46 PM)
Since is just wedding dinner, postpone everything to next year. Of coz, you need to ask the current restaurant for compensate on your lose due to vendor charge you becoz of his restaurant closure providing it is back-to-back charge. Try to have a good environment discussion and if heats coming up, ask for deposit refund with compensate accordingly and then ban kaw kaw. Becoz if you continue to book with his restaurant, maybe in the kitchen he will spit saliva into your food. Hahahaha!!!! Just joking.
Hahaha. ya.. we are worry about the food taste as it will be new chef, hopefully no saliva. We did ask for a different session either lunch or dinner, which ever other outlet. They are not very helpful, told us all are full.
tsg_7
post Mar 23 2018, 12:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

QUOTE(yingying213 @ Mar 22 2018, 08:39 PM)
Hahaha. ya.. we are worry about the food taste as it will be new chef, hopefully no saliva. We did ask for a different session either lunch or dinner, which ever other outlet. They are not very helpful, told us all are full.
Then if im you, i will talk to both families and then postpone to next year. Since is just a dinner.
Synchrophi
post Mar 23 2018, 02:05 AM

0 posts

I agree with you tsg_7
kambingkoh
post Mar 23 2018, 06:16 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(yingying213 @ Mar 22 2018, 08:37 PM)
Example i requested I need a minimum of 50 tables, as the hall can fit 60. Now they are giving me a hall that maximum can fit 50 tables. Usually we keep spare until date is near to confirm the number of tables.
Ohhh. Aih. Hope you sort it out soon!
DS_Legacy
post Mar 27 2018, 11:14 PM

Photography is Love
1,501 posts

QUOTE(yingying213 @ Mar 22 2018, 05:29 PM)

I have booked with deposit paid for my wedding dinner about 18 months before my wedding date at one of the outlet from the  OXXXXX group.

If I were you, I will ask for a full refund on the deposit and try to figure out the other venues for the dinner. They are being irresponsible in the first place and that was not you both agreed when you first paid the deposit. And since it is just a wedding dinner and the dinner is still on the Q4 this year, I suppose you should still be able to find a proper restaurant for the reception. If odds stand against you, just consider to change the date just like what tsg_7 gor gor says.

QUOTE(tsg_7 @ Mar 22 2018, 05:46 PM)
Wow guan gor gor so active in this thread laugh.gif

tsg_7
post Mar 28 2018, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

QUOTE(DS_Legacy @ Mar 27 2018, 11:14 PM)
Wow guan gor gor so active in this thread laugh.gif
Just happen to see this thread and see whether able to help out TS only. I have no business in this thread..hahahaha!!!
TSyingying213
post Mar 28 2018, 01:34 PM

3 posts

Thanks people, we have move on to a new venue at a different date.

Although the previous venue offer us to a different date on their new venue, we have lost confidence in them. They couldn't offer a solid contingency plan. Another story to tell when people ask for wedding prep advise.
DS_Legacy
post Mar 28 2018, 02:52 PM

Photography is Love
1,501 posts

QUOTE(tsg_7 @ Mar 28 2018, 08:47 AM)
Just happen to see this thread and see whether able to help out TS only. I have no business in this thread..hahahaha!!!
jom tt, ayam in puchong now brows.gif

QUOTE(yingying213 @ Mar 28 2018, 01:34 PM)
Thanks people, we have move on to a new venue at a different date.

Although the previous venue offer us to a different date on their new venue, we have lost confidence in them. They couldn't offer a solid contingency plan. Another story to tell when people ask for wedding prep advise.
Yeah that's one thing about promise. Good to know you have a new venue at a different date. thumbup.gif
Left4Dead2
post Apr 4 2018, 06:08 PM

Regular
1,085 posts

I know which restaurant - Oriental Viva right ? I just went for asking last month

They said moving to Eko Mall Cheras right
TSyingying213
post Apr 6 2018, 02:27 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Apr 4 2018, 06:08 PM)
I know which restaurant - Oriental Viva right ? I just went for asking last month

They said moving to Eko Mall Cheras right
Mine is Oriental Banquet, and yes Oriental Viva is closed too.

My friend called few days ago, to change her date for end of next year banquet for other outlet. Some of the term they told her previously changed. Heard they have change in management, some policy changed.

This post has been edited by yingying213: Apr 6 2018, 02:28 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:52 AM