Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Coding mobile app, Want to learn

views

TSVengeance_Mad
post Mar 22 2018, 01:14 PM, updated 7y ago

Aston-ishing
796 posts

Hi gurus,

I'm the midst of developing my own startup(baby) with another partner also whom I found from LYN, and hopefully we can pull it off by this year.
I am not from the IT/Tech background and currently I rely entirely on my partner to develop the IT part of our idea. I can see that it's not easy and I want to try to have hands-on tech experience with my baby too.

Anyway that's the side story, we all know tech is the way to go in future and after some thoughts, I want to learn coding mobile apps.
Who knows maybe I will be able to cash-in on that skill in future.
Another reason is because I want to have at least some idea or experience in this area so in future I wont be easily misguided by other apps developers / tech developers on the tech side of the world.

So I was wondering anyone can recommend any good centres or classes that I can learn coding which is not too expensive.
Money is an issue currently as I do not want to stretch my financial too much as I'm anticipating the launch of my startup and I can foresee I would need to finance there as well.

Thanks !

+Add on about me :
Im working adult thus I'll need the class to be night class or weekend class

This post has been edited by Vengeance_Mad: Mar 22 2018, 01:57 PM
alexa
post Mar 23 2018, 09:32 AM

Big Boss
1,456 posts

QUOTE(Vengeance_Mad @ Mar 22 2018, 01:14 PM)
Hi gurus,

I'm the midst of developing my own startup(baby) with another partner also whom I found from LYN, and hopefully we can pull it off by this year.
I am not from the IT/Tech background and currently I rely entirely on my partner to develop the IT part of our idea. I can see that it's not easy and I want to try to have hands-on tech experience with my baby too.

Anyway that's the side story, we all know tech is the way to go in future and after some thoughts, I want to learn coding mobile apps.
Another reason is because I want to have at least some idea or experience in this area so in future I wont be easily misguided by other apps developers / tech developers on the tech side of the world.

So I was wondering anyone can recommend any good centres or classes that I can learn coding which is not too expensive.
Money is an issue currently as I do not want to stretch my financial too much as I'm anticipating the launch of my startup and I can foresee I would need to finance there as well.

Thanks !

+Add on about me :
PM me for more details.
narf03
post Mar 24 2018, 02:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,545 posts

read this forum and you will noticed that everybody suggest noobs learn the basic from the net first, to see if you can or cannot code.
hyperken
post Mar 24 2018, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(Vengeance_Mad @ Mar 22 2018, 01:14 PM)
Hi gurus,

Thanks !

+Add on about me :
You can try free udacity content from google for android or udemy 10usd for android programming. It really helped learning code with little to no experience!
cowboy_bebop
post Mar 24 2018, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

Not actually a mobile dev, but what i understand there are two ways to develop mobile apps: native or hybrid apps.

If your app is native only, like games, or apps that relies on mobile specific functionalities, then you have to learn to code for native. This is where you learn java/kotlin for android studio, or objective c/swift for ios

However, if you are developing for ecommerce, productivity tools or office/back office automation app which almost always would work as a web application (think websites where you can go to use the same kinda application), then you can take the hybrid route. Its akin to developing a web application, then packaging it to a mobile app. So you get your web app, and your mobile app (albeit pros will say get that webview shit outta my face). For me (as a novice programmer), this is a easier route to get your app out there
TSVengeance_Mad
post Mar 25 2018, 10:28 PM

Aston-ishing
796 posts

QUOTE(hyperken @ Mar 24 2018, 09:33 AM)
You can try free udacity content from google for android or udemy 10usd for android programming. It really helped learning code with little to no experience!
I tried but preferred if there's classes where there is a community to share the experience together.

QUOTE(cowboy_bebop @ Mar 24 2018, 03:18 PM)
Not actually a mobile dev, but what i understand there are two ways to develop mobile apps: native or hybrid apps.

If your app is native only, like games, or apps that relies on mobile specific functionalities, then you have to learn to code for native. This is where you learn java/kotlin for android studio, or objective c/swift for ios

However, if you are developing for ecommerce, productivity tools or office/back office automation app which almost always would work as a web application (think websites where you can go to use the same kinda application), then you can take the hybrid route. Its akin to developing a web application, then packaging it to a mobile app. So you get your web app, and your mobile app (albeit pros will say get that webview shit outta my face). For me (as a novice programmer), this is a easier route to get your app out there
With above mentioned, I think I am more interested in the native part.

Kelvin920
post Mar 30 2018, 05:52 PM

47 posts

I wrote my own coding tutorials. You may check it out on www.daddycoding.com

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:03 PM