Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tech Support Why Streamyx port forwarding not working?, Port check shows connection timed out

views

TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 01:58 PM, updated 7y ago

25 posts

Hello all, I'm new to this. Does anyone know how to get port forwarding to work on Streamyx?
I'm trying to access my home pc while out on the road, for ssh, file transfer and remote assistance.

The modem-router is Riger, there is port forwarding setup under NAT. I have forwarded port 8000 as a test but <canyouseeme.org> always says connection timed out. (There is a busybox httpd, the index.html opens locally.)

The router config shows it is on <PVC0> with an ip for the ppoe, usually in the <100.x.x.x> range.
The gateway is through <58.x.x.x>.
The public ip is sometimes <202.x.x.x> or <178.x.x.x> or <115.x.x.x>

PING to that public ip number does nothing - connection times out
SSH to that public ip number does nothing. - connection timed out
Browser request through <http://mysite.freedns.org> does nothing - connection timed out
Port check from canyouseeme at port 8000 - connection timed out

Is it that the uplink TM router does not forward the packets to my router?

Any information or help most welcome.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by appakhabar: Mar 21 2018, 01:58 PM
SilentVampire
post Mar 21 2018, 02:12 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(appakhabar @ Mar 21 2018, 01:58 PM)
Hello all, I'm new to this. Does anyone know how to get port forwarding to work on Streamyx?
I'm trying to access my home pc while out on the road, for ssh, file transfer and remote assistance.

The modem-router is Riger, there is port forwarding setup under NAT. I have forwarded port 8000 as a test but <canyouseeme.org> always says connection timed out. (There is a busybox httpd, the index.html opens locally.)

The router config shows it is on <PVC0> with an ip for the ppoe, usually in the <100.x.x.x> range.

Browser request through <http://mysite.freedns.org> does nothing - connection timed out

Thanks.
First, are you sure you are on public IP and not private IP? Second, the uplink TM route might have blocked port 8000.
michaelkkl
post Mar 21 2018, 02:41 PM

Casual
341 posts

Thanks.
The 100.x ip is Private IP as your router ip is different with public ip
You may call tm that you need to view CCTV from your house and you need a public ip

This post has been edited by michaelkkl: Mar 21 2018, 02:41 PM
TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 02:46 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Mar 21 2018, 02:12 PM)
First, are you sure you are on public IP and not private IP? Second, the uplink TM route might have blocked port 8000.
Thanks for your reply.

I use the public ip as reported by <speedtest>, <whatismyip> etc.
It's usually <202.x.x.x> <178.x.x.x> <115.132.x.x>
These are public IPs as far as I can tell.

Do you know which ports TM blocks? Will they unblock on request?

SilentVampire
post Mar 21 2018, 02:50 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(appakhabar @ Mar 21 2018, 02:46 PM)
Thanks for your reply.

I use the public ip as reported by <speedtest>, <whatismyip> etc.
It's usually <202.x.x.x> <178.x.x.x> <115.132.x.x>
These are public IPs as far as I can tell.

Do you know which ports TM blocks? Will they unblock on request?
Did you see the reply from bro michaelkkl? Your IP address that is stated on these websites is not similar to the IP address on your router, so it looks like you are on private IP. Call TM and check if you are on public IP.
TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 02:51 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(michaelkkl @ Mar 21 2018, 02:41 PM)
The 100.x ip is Private IP as your router ip is different with public ip
You may call tm that you need to view CCTV from your house and you need a public ip
I didn't know they can provide a public IP for basic 2mb/s Streamyx. Thanks. I'll try that. Will the ports be open?

TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 02:55 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Mar 21 2018, 02:50 PM)
Did you see the reply from bro michaelkkl? Your IP address that is stated on these websites is not similar to the IP address on your router, so it looks like you are on private IP. Call TM and check if you are on public IP.
Thanks. I will try that.

Earlier when I called, the technician didn't seem to understand when I said I wanted to use the port forwarding. He said this was only used by businesses.
Zot
post Mar 21 2018, 03:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

This might helps:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4353175/all
michaelkkl
post Mar 21 2018, 03:17 PM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(appakhabar @ Mar 21 2018, 02:55 PM)
Thanks. I will try that.

Earlier when I called, the technician didn't seem to understand when I said I wanted to use the port forwarding. He said this was only used by businesses.
Just call them and state that you need to view CCTV from your house, then they will assign a public ip for you smile.gif

SilentVampire
post Mar 21 2018, 03:37 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(appakhabar @ Mar 21 2018, 02:55 PM)
Thanks. I will try that.

He is mistaken. Just say you want to view CCTV and they will give you a public IP.
soonwai
post Mar 21 2018, 04:06 PM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(appakhabar @ Mar 21 2018, 02:51 PM)
I didn't know they can provide a public IP for basic 2mb/s Streamyx. Thanks. I'll try that. Will the ports be open?
Don’t worry about the ports. I think only port 25 is blocked.

Google “what is my ip?” Does it tally with the assigned IP address as displayed in your router?

This post has been edited by soonwai: Mar 21 2018, 04:20 PM
TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 04:14 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Mar 21 2018, 03:37 PM)
He is mistaken. Just say you want to view CCTV and they will give you a public IP.
It's very strange that TM techs don't seem to understand what I described. I told them exactly what I said above, and everone who responded knew straight away that the problem is for a public IP.

zuozi
post Mar 21 2018, 04:15 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

Thanks.
Since your are public IP which mean TM will given random IP every 5 minutes hour or blah

You need port forwarding via 3rd party port forwarding service like ddns blah similar to login user id password into your router after signup the services

Unless the product you use have their own cloud server own app or program then you don't have to get any 3rd party services

SilentVampire
post Mar 21 2018, 04:41 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(zuozi @ Mar 21 2018, 04:15 PM)
Since your are public IP which mean TM will given random IP every 5 minutes hour or blah

You need port forwarding via 3rd party port forwarding service like ddns blah similar to login user id password into your router after signup the services

Unless the product you use have their own cloud server own app or program then you don't have to get any 3rd party services
I think you are mistaken. DDNS providers have nothing to do with port forwarding and they just help update your IP when your IP changes, as you are assigned a dynamic IP, rather than a static IP.

OP needs to get a public IP and configure the port forwarding himself on his own router, and that has nothing to do with the DDNS providers. I recommend No-IP by the way, as it is cheaper than DynDNS.
SilentVampire
post Mar 21 2018, 04:42 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(appakhabar @ Mar 21 2018, 04:14 PM)
It's very strange that TM techs don't seem to understand what I described. I told them exactly what I said above, and everone who responded knew straight away that the problem is for a public IP.
You are not dealing with the TM techs, more like customer service who don't really know anything. Anyway, live chat with them or call them, and tell them what we tell you and you will be sorted.
TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 09:52 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Mar 21 2018, 04:06 PM)
Don’t worry about the ports. I think only port 25 is blocked.

Google “what is my ip?” Does it tally with the assigned IP address as displayed in your router?
No they are not the same. A few others have pointed out that this means I don't have a public IP, so I've asked TM for one.
Thanks.
TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 09:58 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Mar 21 2018, 04:41 PM)
OP needs to get a public IP and configure the port forwarding himself on his own router, and that has nothing to do with the DDNS providers. I recommend No-IP by the way, as it is cheaper than DynDNS.
I have set up the basic forwarding settings on the TM supplied router. Until TM give a public IP of course nothing is coming through. I also signed up with FreeDNS. It's free after all, and it's mainly for personal use. Thanks.
TSappakhabar
post Mar 21 2018, 10:00 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Mar 21 2018, 04:42 PM)
You are not dealing with the TM techs, more like customer service who don't really know anything. Anyway, live chat with them or call them, and tell them what we tell you and you will be sorted.
Thank you. Have done so and awaiting their response.
zuozi
post Mar 21 2018, 10:43 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Mar 21 2018, 04:41 PM)
I think you are mistaken. DDNS providers have nothing to do with port forwarding and they just help update your IP when your IP changes, as you are assigned a dynamic IP, rather than a static IP.

for my understanding public ip/dynamic ip are given from isp and is generate random ip are given is like your router dhcp range are allowed, static ip and is cost more than your regular isp service price , private ip/unique ip/reserved ip mostly do the job as static ip way

used to be dyndns is part of the ddns services provided by 3rd party port forwarding services since all router etc your everything can be connected with unique registered mac address so this is why Domain Name System(DNS)
or dns server store main server information in all country like google did so when you google search dont have to always route to other country and back to malaysia unless the dns server not yet fully update only will call
the requested information from main server

dns server can be do something like example you have 10 pc different window or different version window update can be via dns server only deploy to your client as long your dns server have completed all the download so we dont have to wasting time update each client and make the internet slow ,

dns server can do more than a lot other thing as you expected

when you login your 3rd party services to your router which store your router mac address and registered id in 3rd party ddns services and lookup your current router latest ip address generate from isp ,

if ts are using static ip what he need to do just port open application and check which port are allowed then

router device IP>port number / device ip>port number then https:\\ip:port number then login

if without static ip still doing the same thing as above only rely on 3rd party dns service
https:\\dnsname:port number then login

at least is how i always do from last decade until now
zuozi
post Mar 21 2018, 10:48 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

QUOTE(appakhabar @ Mar 21 2018, 09:52 PM)
No they are not the same. A few others have pointed out that this means I don't have a public IP, so I've asked TM for one.
Thanks.
i dont get it why you dont have public ip ? the day you use streamyx already assign you with public ip from isp

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 PM