Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> To go for SAP? Malaysia, Singapore, or Australia?

lOvEbItE
post May 10 2007, 10:42 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

This thread is related to education and career, so I don't really know which category it belongs to, most probably more to career as after all my concern is still my career.

I am a graduate from a local college, holding a Coventry University computer science degree certificate. With 1 year++ working experience in microsoft programming.

Currently I am thinking of stepping into SAP jobs. So I plan to go for SAP course. But at the same time, I am planning to migrate to Australia with my family, which might happen after 2-3 years later.

So what I am worry is that with a Malaysia SAP certificate, it is not recognised in Australia, could it be? And what if I pursue my SAP certificate in Singapore, will it be better? Is there a big gap for the fee difference if I pursue my SAP certificate in Malaysia, Singapore, or Australia?

Why I am pursuing SAP certificate is because I noticed that for a programmer, when you become a project manager after maybe 10 years, and your salary will be most likely about RM10k. But for SAP programmer they can gain up to RM8k-RM12k already, not to talk about their functional managers, and the senior executive level staff.

Currently there is 1 company offering me to be SAP Service Desk Analyst for MM module. It is good to start SAP career for a person without SAP certificate like me. But after interviewing me, they requested me to choose whether MM or BW, they claimed that BW is much more closer to me as I am with programming knowledge, I need to generate reports with SQL, and will get to touch some programming coding soon when there is a new project coming in, while for MM I will only stick to helping the users to analyst their problem and liase with the vendor and they will fix it for us. As far as I'm concerned, MM and SD is with higher demand in the market right? I am worried that BW is not so demanded. So, what do you guys think?

Another question is, is SAP certificate holders are with high demand in Australia? In Malaysia, I think it is with quite high demand on these people...

Is it worth to really go for SAP certificate?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by lOvEbItE: May 10 2007, 11:57 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
darun
post May 10 2007, 01:29 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

OK, first off, a SAP cert is a SAP cert, it should be one issued by SAP so it shouldnt matter if it is Malaysia, Australia, Singapore, etc. Unless the SAP cert is not really issued by SAP, meaning the company you joined that provide training merely have their own internal certification (which is not uncommon, IBM has its own internal certification for ejbs).

Next thing is, SAP has many modules. Not all of them will net you a good wage. I'm unfamiliar with SAP, so I cant comment on which module is the lucrative one. So you better do your research and dont just blindly pick one module that is easy. In general I'd assume simpler modules would tend to lead to less lucrative offers.

As for whether SAP is in demand in Australia, visit some of the australia job sites i.e. www.seek.com.au and check for yourself. Also, what is in demand today may not necessarily be so 3 years from now.

Finally, looks like you are trying to plan your career on what is the most 'lucrative' at the moment. Not to say that isnt a bad thing, but a few points to take note. What is lucrative today may not be so later. And if you have utterly no interest in it, but purely from a monetary perspective, do you think you will excel much less last long in it? Are you trying to build a career or just looking for a job that pays the most in the current market?
+Quote Post
demio121
post May 10 2007, 02:01 PM

Regular

SAP certification is recognise worldwide. The exam you sit in MY or SG or AU is the same exam.

BTW, SAP will be changing their certification strategy soon. There will be a 3 level of certification to differentiate those new and old guard.
+Quote Post
lOvEbItE
post May 10 2007, 02:22 PM

Casual

QUOTE(demio121 @ May 10 2007, 02:01 PM)
SAP certification is recognise worldwide.  The exam you sit in MY or SG or AU is the same exam.

BTW, SAP will be changing their certification strategy soon.  There will be a 3 level of certification to differentiate those new and old guard.
so your advise is to take the certificate when the new certification strategy is implemented?
+Quote Post
demio121
post May 10 2007, 08:35 PM

Regular

doesn't matter you take now or later. i am not sure when it will take effect but i myself got exam to sit. i am not too worry about new or old certification format.

lemme check and update you later.
+Quote Post
lOvEbItE
post May 11 2007, 10:27 AM

Casual

QUOTE(demio121 @ May 10 2007, 08:35 PM)
doesn't matter you take now or later.  i am not sure when it will take effect but i myself got exam to sit.  i am not too worry about new or old certification format.

lemme check and update you later.
Thanks, and the SAP certificate is not like Microsoft certificate that you need to renew every few years, am I right?

Another question is when I get the certificate, the first SAP job offer I'll go for is SAP consultant (hopefully functional), what is the salary range people normally offerred?
+Quote Post
demio121
post May 11 2007, 11:39 AM

Regular

sorry lar fren, i dun usually comment abt salary.

SAP certification is for certain release. You may want to do a delta certification later to update to higher release.
+Quote Post
kristal
post May 11 2007, 11:46 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lOvEbItE @ May 11 2007, 10:27 AM)
Thanks, and the SAP certificate is not like Microsoft certificate that you need to renew every few years, am I right?

Another question is when I get the certificate, the first SAP job offer I'll go for is SAP consultant (hopefully functional), what is the salary range people normally offerred?
Yeah. U dun need to renew that every few years. It will be valid for a lifetime. However, u may find it irrelevant as new versions being introduced.

As for the salary, this is what has been compiled by Jobstreet.
http://myjobstreet.jobstreet.com/premium/b...=sap|000|my||my

Position Level Min (RM)* Average (RM)* Max (RM)*
Senior Executive 3,800.00 5,000.00 6,948.00
Junior Executive 2,500.00 3,080.00 4,500.00

*Min, Avg, Max are based on 25th, 50th and 75th percentile data.
+Quote Post
lOvEbItE
post May 11 2007, 04:24 PM

Casual

QUOTE(kristal @ May 11 2007, 11:46 AM)
Yeah. U dun need to renew that every few  years. It will be valid for a lifetime. However, u may find it irrelevant as new versions being introduced.
As for the salary, this is what has been compiled by Jobstreet.
http://myjobstreet.jobstreet.com/premium/b...=sap|000|my||my

Senior Executive 3,800.00 5,000.00 6,948.00
Junior Executive 2,500.00 3,080.00 4,500.00

I wonder why jobstreet's salary report always listing the lower paid employees, i mean their average doesn't seem to match today's pay. Nowadays people starting in IT can gain 1.8-2.5k at least... Some even get higher, but they sometimes reported some programmers with 8 years working experience gain RM2.8k, OMG, don't know how to believe it as me and my friends only work for 1-2 years and majority of us got the salary that is quite close to RM2.8k. We are not super smart, or super hardworking, just ordinary.

Anyway thanks for sharing the report and the report disappointed me with the low pay, I was expecting SAP jobs to have better offer. So how true is the report?
+Quote Post
kristal
post May 11 2007, 05:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lOvEbItE @ May 11 2007, 04:24 PM)
I wonder why jobstreet's salary report always listing the lower paid employees, i mean their average doesn't seem to match today's pay. Nowadays people starting in IT can gain 1.8-2.5k at least... Some even get higher, but they sometimes reported some programmers with 8 years working experience gain RM2.8k, OMG, don't know how to believe it as me and my friends only work for 1-2 years and majority of us got the salary that is quite close to RM2.8k. We are not super smart, or super hardworking, just ordinary.

Anyway thanks for sharing the report and the report disappointed me with the low pay, I was expecting SAP jobs to have better offer. So how true is the report?
I dont think Jobstreet's report deviates from average salaries. Let's remember Jobstreet data is sampled from monthly salaries (exclude bonus & other compensation) of JobStreet.com's 3.5 million members, as they claimed on their web site. U might just sample yours from only few friends.

This is for ICT jobs.
http://myjobstreet.jobstreet.com/premium/b...=ict|000|my||my

Manager 3,750.00 4,300.00 5,000.00
Senior Executive 1,900.00 2,500.00 3,500.00
Junior Executive 1,500.00 1,800.00 2,350.00

Looks like average ICT salaries for me. Remember, this data is sampled for the whole country. I don't have their data diced by city, e.g. KL. Assuming u work in KL, I am sure that you and your friends beat national average easily.

This post has been edited by kristal: May 11 2007, 05:24 PM
+Quote Post
AsiaPartTime
post May 11 2007, 05:19 PM

Casual

+Quote Post
john@
post May 12 2007, 10:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AsiaPartTime @ May 11 2007, 05:19 PM)
dun believe on the salary report by jobstreet, they r bias against the employer. Purposely push down the market rate, helping the employers to save money.
you are saying jobstreet manipulate the figures input by users??
how true is that? where did u heard it?
+Quote Post
pinkrazr
post May 12 2007, 12:08 PM

Getting Started

join the SAP workforce first then only think about taking cert and so on. coz u'll never know maybe the employer see the potential in you and might send you for SAP training and courses on thier expense.

also by doing so you can get a better overview of the SAP modules before taking courses for modules that in the end you have no interest in.

This post has been edited by pinkrazr: May 12 2007, 12:20 PM
+Quote Post
SPRINTA
post May 26 2007, 11:40 PM

Casual

I've been doing SAP (basis) for 6 months and I'll be doing ABAP mid of next month. It's very interesting in SAP cos its too big and many things to learn as well.

wink.gif
+Quote Post
WinDs
post May 27 2007, 12:11 AM

♥ Ai desu (-.-) ♥

I don't believe in long-term goal that you put in believing SAP will get you a better salary in 'Future'. Because nobody can tells the future .. it based on demand & supply. If the supply for SAP candidates are not enough in the market right now, the natural rules will helps in, by lowing the course fee of the course .. or giving more chances to fresh graduate without SAP experience to prove themselves .. for example ?

Let's just say, every field can help you to get where you want to, whether it's better salary or job position. What different you from others, are the potential & mindset deep inside your soul. If you could prove yourself, grab your chance, you will be among the best.

Good luck.
+Quote Post
Mavik
post May 27 2007, 12:35 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Group: Elite

In terms for Australia, I know that SAP skills is one of the "hot" skills there. For an experienced SAP analyst, you can get a salary of AUS$85,000 a year.
+Quote Post
Bringles
post May 12 2008, 12:43 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(Mavik @ May 27 2007, 12:35 AM)
In terms for Australia, I know that SAP skills is one of the "hot" skills there. For an experienced SAP analyst, you can get a salary of AUS$85,000 a year.
As a SAP Recruiter I can safely tell you this:-

SAP is a lucrative job, and insanely lucrative when you have accumulated 3-5 years of experience in the field and venturing out as an independent contractor.

If you want to know which module can bag you the most income in the long run, research on the industries that uses SAP. There are also 2 categories of consultants, namely "Functional" and "Technical" ones. You might want to choose your own path based on your forte.

Hope this helps.
+Quote Post
whackerinc
post May 12 2008, 05:26 PM

Getting Started

No matter which module you go into, you have to have experience, experience, experience. No one can say that MM makes more money compared to BW, even though in some cases, BW pwns MM because of the experience needed for the job at hand. By the way, that's just a really simple example.

Be prepared to work hard. Be prepared to learn as much as you can then you will reap the benefits of your hard work. Getting into SAP is a start, but getting to the top is up to you.
+Quote Post
chuan_81
post May 12 2008, 05:34 PM

Getting Started

what is the different between sap B1 and R/3? if i got a change to get in SAP B1, can i change to R/3 after that?
is B1 consultant make a lot of money ? or R/3 consultant make more money?
+Quote Post
GiNgEr^fIsH
post May 12 2008, 05:52 PM

**got STImulation?**

B1 is for SME.
R3 is the enterprise version.

The B1 version in malaysian isnt even develop by SAP. just a group of local software house interfacing with one another under the name SAP B1

This post has been edited by GiNgEr^fIsH: May 12 2008, 11:14 PM
+Quote Post
chuan_81
post May 12 2008, 08:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GiNgEr^fIsH @ May 12 2008, 05:52 PM)
B1 is for SME.

The B1 version in malaysian isnt even develop by SAP. just a group of local software house interfacing with one another under the the name SAP B1
how was the furure propect of sap B1? can earn a lot ?
+Quote Post
chezzball
post May 13 2008, 12:53 AM

Cheese

QUOTE(GiNgEr^fIsH @ May 12 2008, 05:52 PM)
B1 is for SME.

The B1 version in malaysian isnt even develop by SAP. just a group of local software house interfacing with one another under the name SAP B1
Wah... I didnt know SAP B1 is not developed by SAP...

Does SAP B1 runs on the same with SAP R3/Netweaver?
+Quote Post
-=X20A=-
post May 13 2008, 01:26 AM

QUOTE(Bringles @ May 12 2008, 12:43 PM)
As a SAP Recruiter I can safely tell you this:-

SAP is a lucrative job, and insanely lucrative when you have accumulated 3-5 years of experience in the field and venturing out as an independent contractor.

If you want to know which module can bag you the most income in the long run, research on the industries that uses SAP. There are also 2 categories of consultants, namely "Functional" and "Technical" ones. You might want to choose your own path based on your forte.

Hope this helps.
just curious, does BW/BI bags the most income in the long run? coz in one company the BW lead has the highest paid salary... and most managers like to see figures compiled by BW, instead of the standard modules where they are for day-to-day operations (maybe help reduce cost significantly but only if it's well managed and in the long run)...
+Quote Post
nitsujyuen
post May 13 2008, 10:45 AM

On my way

I like to ask, is BW/BI a functional role or is it a technical role in SAP implementation projects? Is it the current market need a lot of BW consultants?
+Quote Post
GiNgEr^fIsH
post May 13 2008, 11:26 AM

**got STImulation?**

QUOTE(chezzball @ May 13 2008, 12:53 AM)
Wah... I didnt know SAP B1 is not developed by SAP...

Does SAP B1 runs on the same with SAP R3/Netweaver?
Nope. I believe they are Java based. Cant confirmed for sure though.

+Quote Post
Mavik
post May 13 2008, 11:39 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(nitsujyuen @ May 13 2008, 10:45 AM)
I like to ask, is BW/BI a functional role or is it a technical role in SAP implementation projects? Is it the current market need a lot of BW consultants?
There is both a technical and functional path for BW/BI.
+Quote Post
chezzball
post May 14 2008, 10:39 AM

Cheese

QUOTE(nitsujyuen @ May 13 2008, 10:45 AM)
Depends.

A front end BW guy will deal with report creation thus need to deal with functional & business processes. Understanding the business requirement and translate it onto the BW report.

A back end BW guy will deal with BW technical such as cube modelling & design, abap & ETTL. This person will make sure BW system runs correctly and assist the front end BW guy.

A BW consultant that does both technical & functional are called BW Techno-Functio consultant.
+Quote Post
theALBERTUS
post May 27 2008, 11:30 AM

QUOTE(WinDs @ May 27 2007, 12:11 AM)
I don't believe in long-term goal that you put in believing SAP will get you a better salary in 'Future'. Because nobody can tells the future .. it based on demand & supply. If the supply for SAP candidates are not enough in the market right now, the natural rules will helps in, by lowing the course fee of the course .. or giving more chances to fresh graduate without SAP experience to prove themselves .. for example ?

Let's just say, every field can help you to get where you want to, whether it's better salary or job position. What different you from others, are the potential & mindset deep inside your soul. If you could prove yourself, grab your chance, you will be among the best.

Good luck.
To say that SAP has no future is rather nonesensical. Let me be the first to say that if SAP dies so to all companies in the world. SAP is part of fabric of every major corporation in the world. Every product you use daily use SAP to manage its business applications from:
1) Oil and Gas
2) Consumer products
3) Automobiles
4) Engineering
5) Airports
6) Government and Local Authority

You cannot imagine where SAP is being used nowadays. I read somewhere in CIO magazine that SAP Consultants worldwide are in short of 100,000 people due to demand of projects and growing businesses worldwide.

I know. I have sold SAP solutions before and I know where the projects are at from a global and local perspective. Trust me its a demand market for the best skilled and best PROFESSIONAL consultant out there. See where i put more importance of the sense of professionalism than best skilled.

Anyways,

I have been in the SAP industry for the last 7 years from training (exGenovate), consulting sales (EA Consulting) to recruiting & resourcing projects in SAP (REDWIRE).

I would be glad to help anyone that has any questions, issues or just plain career advice. For anyone looking for any information or careers matters pertaining to SAP, email me at albertus@redwire-global.com.

In terms of $$$, well i can say the best people in the business can make more than RM20k a month. However, the path is long, hard and requires you to be mobile. Being an SAP Consultant is like being an IT mercenary. They never hang around more than 2-3 years in the same job. Should you have anything else to ask, feel free to email me at albertus@redwire-global.com

Good luck and cheers!

Added on May 27, 2008, 11:32 am
QUOTE(chuan_81 @ May 12 2008, 08:14 PM)
SAP B1 is a scaled down version of mySAP ERP. In this case as a matter of history it was a software bought and retooled to be integrated with mySAP ERP for use in smaller companies who want to use SAP but got no $$$ millions to spend. It is very useful for trading companies as it would only involve financials, logistics, sales and purchasing only. It has no HR and production module.

By the way, B1 was a software developed by an Israeli company. And the founder of that company, Shai Agassi is now the former Executive Director of SAP AG.

Added on May 27, 2008, 11:36 am
QUOTE(chezzball @ May 14 2008, 10:39 AM)
Depends.

A front end BW guy will deal with report creation thus need to deal with functional & business processes. Understanding the business requirement and translate it onto the BW report.

A back end BW guy will deal with BW technical such as cube modelling & design, abap & ETTL. This person will make sure BW system runs correctly and assist the front end BW guy.

A BW consultant that does both technical & functional are called BW Techno-Functio consultant.
So as long company needs to know the financial reporting aspect of a business there will always be a need for BW. BW or BI as its more commonly known is Business Intelligence. So being a BW consultant means you are helping the Mgr or customer understand data that would help shape strategies for business moving forward.

This post has been edited by theALBERTUS: May 27 2008, 11:36 AM
+Quote Post
rupart
post Jan 6 2010, 12:41 PM

I am newbie to SAP but have 8 yrs IT exp....would like to attend and get cert for SAP if possible...is there any junior kinda certification?
+Quote Post
twotwopig
post Jan 6 2010, 03:51 PM

Getting Started

Junior kinda of certification? I think there is one but that is something like general introduction to SAP - less than RM 10k...I think.

The above is not those module certification. If junior module certification lowest level is associate certification, attend course min RM25k.
+Quote Post
bchai13
post Mar 14 2011, 11:52 AM

QUOTE(GiNgEr^fIsH @ May 13 2008, 11:26 AM)
Nope. I believe they are Java based. Cant confirmed for sure though.
Our co. need a SAP B1 consultant on contract base.
Please intro someone to me to help on the implementation.

+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Apr 20 2012, 12:20 AM

Casual

im also start looking seriously in SAP..this May im going to take my course on FICO..
hopefully i made a good choice to register in this course..

crossed fingers
+Quote Post
jasperng
post Apr 20 2012, 02:16 PM

- Eminent Leader -

Is it possible for engineering student to pursue SAP career ? I mean, I can go SAP certification but it will cost a bomb ( if not mistaken it costs about 10k )
+Quote Post
kevler
post Apr 24 2012, 04:59 PM

trading in the zone

QUOTE(izzi_guy @ Apr 20 2012, 12:20 AM)
im also start looking seriously in SAP..this May im going to take my course on FICO..

crossed fingers
QUOTE(jasperng @ Apr 20 2012, 02:16 PM)
Is it possible for engineering student to pursue SAP career ? I mean, I can go SAP certification but it will cost a bomb ( if not mistaken it costs about 10k )
i just registered myself for SAP MM training at PJ , for free ...under MDec programme

as far as i know . this training normally costs 20k ..seriously

this is my steps to achieve this

1. i quit my job and took the VSS money
2. go for SAP training 5 weeks
3. once completed , apply for SAP analyst or junior consultant. work there for 1-3 years
4. got for examination which will cost u 2k

This post has been edited by kevler: Apr 24 2012, 05:00 PM
+Quote Post
fuku Ryu
post Jun 2 2012, 11:05 PM

Getting Started

crossed fingers
Hi there, so how was your SAP FICO course? where can i enrol for the course and what is the fee like?

Added on June 2, 2012, 11:12 pm
QUOTE(theALBERTUS @ May 27 2008, 11:30 AM)
To say that SAP has no future is rather nonesensical. Let me be the first to say that if SAP dies so to all companies in the world. SAP is part of fabric of every major corporation in the world. Every product you use daily use SAP to manage its business applications from:
1) Oil and Gas
2) Consumer products
3) Automobiles
4) Engineering
5) Airports
6) Government and Local Authority

You cannot imagine where SAP is being used nowadays. I read somewhere in CIO magazine that SAP Consultants worldwide are in short of 100,000 people due to demand of projects and growing businesses worldwide.

I know. I have sold SAP solutions before and I know where the projects are at from a global and local perspective. Trust me its a demand market for the best skilled and best PROFESSIONAL consultant out there. See where i put more importance of the sense of professionalism than best skilled.

Anyways,

I have been in the SAP industry for the last 7 years from training (exGenovate), consulting sales (EA Consulting) to recruiting & resourcing projects in SAP (REDWIRE).

I would be glad to help anyone that has any questions, issues or just plain career advice. For anyone looking for any information or careers matters pertaining to SAP, email me at albertus@redwire-global.com.

In terms of $$$, well i can say the best people in the business can make more than RM20k a month. However, the path is long, hard and requires you to be mobile. Being an SAP Consultant is like being an IT mercenary. They never hang around more than 2-3 years in the same job. Should you have anything else to ask, feel free to email me at albertus@redwire-global.com

Good luck and cheers!

Added on May 27, 2008, 11:32 am

SAP B1 is a scaled down version of mySAP ERP. In this case as a matter of history it was a software bought and retooled to be integrated with mySAP ERP for use in smaller companies who want to use SAP but got no $$$ millions to spend. It is very useful for trading companies as it would only involve financials, logistics, sales and purchasing only. It has no HR and production module.

By the way, B1 was a software developed by an Israeli company. And the founder of that company, Shai Agassi is now the former Executive Director of SAP AG.

Added on May 27, 2008, 11:36 am

So as long company needs to know the financial reporting aspect of a business there will always be a need for BW. BW or BI as its more commonly known is Business Intelligence. So being a BW consultant means you are helping the Mgr or customer understand data that would help shape strategies for business moving forward.
hi there, i have seen alot of job postings related to SAP requirethe experience in SAP implementation. but i have no experience in SAP but would like to take up the SAP certification course in order to enter into SAP industry. is this the best option i have?

Thks

This post has been edited by fuku Ryu: Jun 2 2012, 11:12 PM
+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Jun 3 2012, 12:21 PM

Casual

QUOTE(kevler @ Apr 24 2012, 04:59 PM)
i just registered myself for SAP MM training at PJ , for free ...under MDec programme

as far as i know . this training normally costs 20k ..seriously

this is my steps to achieve this

1. i quit my job and took the VSS money
2. go for SAP training 5 weeks
3. once completed , apply for SAP analyst or junior consultant. work there for 1-3 years
4. got for examination which will cost u 2k
hey bro..same here..im in pj too!! nice one..we should meet each other right..smile.gif
for my SAP, end of class..maybe 1 month something i will sit for the pro cert at SAP malaysia..

my plan is like yours..i want to work in SAP in malaysia as consultant then
i would like to move to aussie..i hope so..i want to experience new things and culture.

your exam need to pay ah?mine i think i dont have to pay.
+Quote Post
kevler
post Jun 3 2012, 11:28 PM

trading in the zone

QUOTE(izzi_guy @ Jun 3 2012, 12:21 PM)
hey bro..same here..im in pj too!! nice one..we should meet each other right..smile.gif
for my SAP, end of class..maybe 1 month something i will sit for the pro cert at SAP malaysia..

my plan is like yours..i want to work in SAP in malaysia as consultant then
i would like to move to aussie..i hope so..i want to experience new things and culture.

your exam need to pay ah?mine i think i dont have to pay.
there is one opportunity to extend your desire in SAP job .

I have been introduced by Lithan Education , and they offered me PostGrad Diploma SAP ERP ...duration 10 months .

The fee ? RM14.+++ ...i think it is affordable as per course per module itself , already reached 15-18k for eAcademy (no instructed-led)

http://www.lithaneducation.com/pderp-oum/

you can go thru their website and check the course content ...later after graduated from their education center , u can purse Master of Business, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems at either in Singapore or Melbourne, Australia , which is under SAP University Alliance .. the course is abt 6 months to be completed

http://www.vu.edu.au/courses/international/BMER

the best part about Lithan Education , they offered us on project implementation based on SAP methodology (similar like project mgmt but this is totally for SAP implementation only, if im not mistaken) ...this would be your 6 months project which will be using ABAP and some functional module which u chose earlier during initial of the course (FI ,SD,HR,MM)

thus , this would the best way on putting the final project as your project cycle implementation into your CV later.

This post has been edited by kevler: Jun 3 2012, 11:30 PM
+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Jun 4 2012, 08:02 AM

Casual

QUOTE(kevler @ Jun 3 2012, 11:28 PM)
there is one opportunity to extend your desire in SAP job .

I have been introduced by Lithan Education , and they offered me PostGrad Diploma SAP ERP ...duration 10 months .

The fee ? RM14.+++ ...i think it is affordable as per course per module itself , already reached 15-18k for eAcademy (no instructed-led)

http://www.lithaneducation.com/pderp-oum/

you can go thru their website and check the course content ...later after graduated from their education center , u can purse Master of Business, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems at either in Singapore or Melbourne, Australia , which is under SAP University Alliance .. the course is abt 6 months to be completed

http://www.vu.edu.au/courses/international/BMER

the best part about Lithan Education , they offered us on project implementation based on SAP methodology (similar like project mgmt but this is totally for SAP implementation only, if im not mistaken) ...this would be your 6 months project which will be using ABAP and some functional module which u chose earlier during initial of the course (FI ,SD,HR,MM)

thus , this would the best way on putting the final project as your project cycle implementation into your CV later.
so did you took that class??my class is just started..maybe this july finished..and gonna take that exam in october..
i feel thrilled for it!! i believe some of people dont have the opportunities to know further about SAP..as the marketing not really doing well..
got 1 uncle asking how i got into this SAP class..he said he wanted to do it since 10 yrs ago..too bad for that uncle..
+Quote Post
kevler
post Jun 4 2012, 11:15 AM

trading in the zone

QUOTE(izzi_guy @ Jun 4 2012, 08:02 AM)
so did you took that class??my class is just started..maybe this july finished..and gonna take that exam in october..
i feel thrilled for it!! i believe some of people dont have the opportunities to know further about SAP..as the marketing not really doing well..
got 1 uncle asking how i got into this SAP class..he said he wanted to do it since 10 yrs ago..too bad for that uncle..
still thinking , i will start my new job at some established company ...perhaps i will take part time class to pursue this training.
+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Jun 4 2012, 12:27 PM

Casual

QUOTE(kevler @ Jun 4 2012, 11:15 AM)
still thinking , i will start my new job at some established company ...perhaps i will take part time class to pursue this training.
yeahh..thats what im doing right now..im working and i go SAP class for part time..you can do it as well..
but remember it is not an easy task to do both..tired and sleepy are common problem..huhu
+Quote Post
nuarfx
post Oct 3 2012, 02:44 PM

Hi just want to share with you.. i just start my SAP class Lithaneducation.. program fee is RM14K plus Rm200 for registration.. the module is SD, MM, FICO, HRIS and ABAP as well for.. course duration is about 7 months.. My intake is 2nd batch, and the 1st batch student currently doing the final IS Project.
+Quote Post
charleyz
post Oct 3 2012, 05:21 PM

crossed fingers
Make sure you have a finance degree or at least a professional certification in Finance to make it in FICO. Else you will fall in the role of a configurater, career path....very slow progress and not a consultant material. FICO consultants are the most sought after in SAP due to many around, quality comes with experience and SAP knowledge.

Added on October 3, 2012, 5:23 pm
QUOTE(chuan_81 @ May 12 2008, 08:14 PM)
Money comes with passion.....not the other way around.

This post has been edited by charleyz: Oct 3 2012, 05:23 PM
+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Oct 4 2012, 12:08 PM

Casual

QUOTE(charleyz @ Oct 3 2012, 05:21 PM)
Make sure you have a finance degree or at least a professional certification in Finance to make it in FICO. Else you will fall in the role of a configurater, career path....very slow progress and not a consultant material. FICO consultants are the most sought after in SAP due to many around, quality comes with experience and SAP knowledge.

Added on October 3, 2012, 5:23 pm

Money comes with passion.....not the other way around.
bro..in my uni i learned accounting financial + controlling part. is it okay for me to proceed in sap career path?not so many company want to hire a fresh sap people..thats what makes me feel sad
+Quote Post
charleyz
post Oct 16 2012, 02:22 PM

QUOTE(izzi_guy @ Oct 4 2012, 12:08 PM)
bro..in my uni i learned accounting financial + controlling part. is it okay for me to proceed in sap career path?not so many company want to hire a fresh sap people..thats what makes me feel sad
Its about patience and peserverance. Do keep at it, well it took me almost 6 months to land in a SAP job. And always keep updating the knowledge through forums etc.
+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Oct 16 2012, 03:09 PM

Casual

QUOTE(charleyz @ Oct 16 2012, 02:22 PM)
Its about patience and peserverance. Do keep at it, well it took me almost 6 months to land in a SAP job. And always keep updating the knowledge through forums etc.
I will bro..thanks a lot for your advise. 6 month seems quite long enough to wait.. Hopefully i can patience enough to wait.
what forum would you suggest to join?
+Quote Post
chuan_81
post Oct 19 2012, 10:42 AM

Getting Started

anyone interest to looking for SAP job, can PM me.
Thanks.
+Quote Post
charleyz
post Oct 22 2012, 05:31 PM

QUOTE(izzi_guy @ Oct 16 2012, 03:09 PM)
I will bro..thanks a lot for your advise. 6 month seems quite long enough to wait.. Hopefully i can patience enough to wait.
what forum would you suggest to join?
times have changed, there are plenty around, just google it, sdn.com, sapfans.com etc etc etc..infact you can even learn customizing from youtube smile.gif
+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Oct 22 2012, 05:42 PM

Casual

QUOTE(charleyz @ Oct 22 2012, 05:31 PM)
times have changed, there are plenty around, just google it, sdn.com, sapfans.com etc etc etc..infact you can even learn customizing from youtube smile.gif
hehehe..tqqqq alot bro.. smile.gif
+Quote Post
GiNgEr^fIsH
post Oct 22 2012, 07:03 PM

**got STImulation?**

Charleyz what module did you finally got into?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0970sec    3.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:13 PM