Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MacOS X iPhone back up to external HDD on MAC, failed to back up iPhone directly to HDD

views

TSevanyi
post Mar 18 2018, 11:49 PM, updated 7y ago

12 posts

hi,
my HDD is on exFAT format, I try to change the iPhone back up location to my HDD on my MAC.
but I have tried several times but still failed.. I managed to create a back up folder with a black pointer, but the folder is in white color and when I launch back up on my iTunes, it says file not compatible or corrupted...

Any sifus here can help??

this is the symlink I tried, by changing the HDD name and my username... but failed...
ln -s /Volumes/<externaldrive>/iOSBackup/Backup /Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/MobileSync/Backup
westlife
post Jun 13 2018, 12:16 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,295 posts

QUOTE(evanyi @ Mar 18 2018, 11:49 PM)
hi,
my HDD is on exFAT format, I try to change the iPhone back up location to my HDD on my MAC.
but I have tried several times but still failed.. I managed to create a back up folder with a black pointer, but the folder is in white color and when I launch back up on my iTunes, it says file not compatible or corrupted...

Any sifus here can help??

this is the symlink I tried, by changing the HDD name and my username... but failed...
ln -s /Volumes/<externaldrive>/iOSBackup/Backup /Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/MobileSync/Backup
I tried on MAC also it was not working despite I had followed the guide closely.

No issue to backup to external Hardisk on my bootcamp windows though.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:32 PM