Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tint Suggestion: 3M or Huper Optik, Value for money heat rejection tint

Which tint has better value for money for heat rejection?

3M Crystalline [ 120 ] ** [64.86%]
Huper Optik Ceramic [ 65 ] ** [35.14%]
Total Votes: 185
Guests cannot vote 
views

viper1912
post Apr 5 2018, 02:02 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 2 2018, 03:21 PM)
If it's a fake C70, shouldn't it be much easier to detect Smart Tag? Coz fake tint should have less IRR rejection right?

It comes with a receipt from the installer, not Huper Optik, but I did find the installer shop name in the Huper Optik authorised installer list.

The installer did not tint the black dotted area where the rear view mirror is. I paid RM650 for FWS only (Honda Civic FD).

I have communicated with the installer and Huper Optik HQ:

Installer: The C70 has 92% IRR rejection, chances are my front wind screen also come with certain % of Irr blockage, hence blocking completely the Smart Tag signal. He suggest me to cut a hole in the front wind screen tint, I am still considering.

Huper Optik HQ: Requested me to bring my car to their HQ in Pandan Indah for product verification and run a few test to ensure the tint is genuine. 30 mins drive from my office, I will arrange accordingly.
FYI...old smart tag, big butt smart tag is 3M crystalline user friendly.

D newer smart tag (black color) d signal is not so strong for 3M crystalline, certain Smart Tag lane is ok , some is not.

My is the dotted spot on the windscreen was not tinted, I used my black smart tag there!

How do you know you installed genuine 3M crystalline?
1. is the 3M logo at the film itself
2. U put your car under sun, you can your windscreen purpleish.

How the above helps...
viper1912
post Apr 5 2018, 02:03 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(NyOx @ Apr 1 2018, 11:19 PM)
i been us HO since 2013. still feel good with this brand. it also high heat rejection. so far no issues with GPS and Smart tag
I will fully support 3M Crystalline for the whole car.

Front CR50, rest CR40.
viper1912
post Apr 5 2018, 05:21 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 5 2018, 02:18 PM)
Why is that? You really have good experience with 3M tint ya?
Front windscreen, I started off with Crystalline 70 , 60 now 50.

The rest of window from still Crystalline 60. For my own ride.

If I recommend to my fellow frens will be now either CR40/ CR50 for the rest of the windows front still stick to CR50.

Coz the front, CR50 really comfortable and is not dark at all if you use 3M tint for 50% as compare other brand.

The advantages with 3M is that the clarity of its film even driving during the night, crystal clear!

I have other rides tinted with 3M Color Stable 50 for front, rest Color Stable 35.

Another is Ceramic50 front windscreen, rest 3M HP50, rear color stable 35.

I have tried different combination of 3M film, so far Crystalline still the best for heat rejection, for dark color wise Color Stable, the dark is so beautiful especially use it on rear windscreen.

Hope it helps...
viper1912
post Apr 6 2018, 10:04 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 5 2018, 05:30 PM)
That is what I suspect at first as well; that the haze could be due to the sunlight reflecting off my dashboard; however I've tried covering my dashboard with a black cloth to reduce the reflection, the haze effect still remains; the HO installer and I concluded it was due to the blue-ish hue of the tint itself, made worst by my car's steep windshield.
Crystalline 50 at the front doesn't comply to JPJ standard; you might run into trouble during roadblocks; as it is quite easy to visually differentiate between VLT 70% and 50%.
u can try CR70 if u hv concern on JPJ. But dun complaint.
viper1912
post Apr 6 2018, 10:07 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 5 2018, 06:24 PM)
Did this 3M tint block your Smart Tag signal?

Doesn't 3M Tint come with 3M logo on the tint itself? I find it annoying as it might appear right in front of my wind screen, right?

Have you tried using Vkool Elite? 3M heat rejection can be better than VKool Elite or not?

What is the color of 3M tint? I think VKool Elite is greenish right?

Thanks for sharing.
1. read my earlier post on smart tag usage.
2. i hv no issue on the little 3M logo across my windscreen, dislike can wipe off with thinner.
3.I m 3M supported nvr try v kool.
4. 3M got so many range which film u r refering to?

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0709sec    1.17    9 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 01:24 PM