Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tint Suggestion: 3M or Huper Optik, Value for money heat rejection tint

Which tint has better value for money for heat rejection?

3M Crystalline [ 118 ] ** [64.48%]
Huper Optik Ceramic [ 65 ] ** [35.52%]
Total Votes: 183
Guests cannot vote 
views

NyOx
post Apr 1 2018, 11:19 PM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Mar 16 2018, 07:10 PM)
I've narrowed down my search for tints for my car down to 2 brands;
3M and Huper Optik are my preferred choices; however 3M is roughly 30% more expensive than Huper Optik, and has better heat rejection than Huper Optik; about 6-8% better;

My main preference is towards better heat rejection and lower performance degradation over time;
GPS and Smartag compatible;
JPJ approved;

3M Configuration:
Front Windshield: Crystalline 70
Front Side Door: Crystalline 50
Rear Side Door: Crystalline 50
Rear Windshield: Crystalline 50

Huper Optik Configuration:
Front Windshield: Ceramic 70
Front Side Door: Ceramic 50
Rear Side Door: Ceramic 50
Rear Windshield: Ceramic 50

Which one do you think is more value for money in terms of heat rejection?
Would it be worth it to fork out and go all out for the 3M?
Or Huper Optik would be sufficient enough?

Or.. any sifu here could recommend a different brand with comparable performance and at a much lower price?
i been us HO since 2013. still feel good with this brand. it also high heat rejection. so far no issues with GPS and Smart tag
NyOx
post Apr 3 2018, 09:25 AM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Apr 3 2018, 08:46 AM)
Which Huper Optik combination are you on? With my vehicle, the Huper Optik tint is just mediocre in terms of heat rejection. Not exactly outstanding. Mine is Sech60 for front windscreen and C40 for all other windscreens (sides and rear). The V-Kool Elite tint on my previous car feels a lot cooler (better heat rejection) than the Huper Optik tint.

There are only two advantages with the Huper Optik tint which is the price (as it's considerably cheaper than V-Kool Elite) and GPS signal friendly. The Huper Optik is about RM1,000+/- cheaper than the V-kool tint. There are no issues with getting a GPS signal inside the car with Huper Optik whereas with the V-Kool Elite, 50% of the time I cannot get a GPS signal inside the car. To me this is the deal-breaker of the V-kool Elite despite its excellent heat rejection properties when compared to other competitors.
same as you. so far i didn't test with other brand. for okla for malaysia weather. not to hot when enter car and cool faster after couple of minutes.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0746sec    1.64    9 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 09:06 AM