Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tint Suggestion: 3M or Huper Optik, Value for money heat rejection tint

Which tint has better value for money for heat rejection?

3M Crystalline [ 118 ] ** [64.48%]
Huper Optik Ceramic [ 65 ] ** [35.52%]
Total Votes: 183
Guests cannot vote 
views

wyshin88
post Apr 20 2018, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Apr 20 2018, 08:05 AM)
Sorry to hear about your situation but at least you have made up your mind and proceeded with the action. Good to hear it's all settled now and you can put the case to rest.

Same experience with the greenish hue with Vkool Elite which is more pleasing to the eye when compared to the brownish hue of the Huper Optik Sech60 in my case. I also did not have problems with Smart Tag when on Vkool Elite. My only problem with Vkool Elite is with GPS. Can you try enabling your Drive navigation app on your smartphone and see if it works inside the car? I cannot get a GPS signal inside the car with Vkool Elite previously, 50% of the time. Even though a signal is locked, the navigation on the Drive app will stop working after several minutes as it will give a message "Signal Lost", or "Searching for Signal", something like that.
With the installation of VKool Elite on my front wind screen, now my entire car is with VKool Elite (the side windows and back windscreen was installed with VKool Elite since 8 years ago). I can confirmed that Drive Navigation App (I only use Google Map) works inside my car. I do not use Garmin GPS device or similar. My brother tinted his entire Vellfire with Vkool Elite recently told me the GPS in his Garmin works as well. The only downside is autogate remote signal is slow, sometimes blocked completely. RFID card remote with boom gate (in Gated and Guarded) also got blocked completely.
SportyHandling
post Apr 20 2018, 10:24 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 20 2018, 09:31 AM)
With the installation of VKool Elite on my front wind screen, now my entire car is with VKool Elite (the side windows and back windscreen was installed with VKool Elite since 8 years ago). I can confirmed that Drive Navigation App (I only use Google Map) works inside my car. I do not  use Garmin GPS device or similar. My brother tinted his entire Vellfire with Vkool Elite recently told me the GPS in his Garmin works as well. The only downside is autogate remote signal is slow, sometimes blocked completely. RFID card remote with boom gate (in Gated and Guarded) also got blocked completely.
It is good to hear that the Drive navigation app is able to work inside the car with Vkool Elite all round. I'm not sure on the Vkool tint that was on the side and rear windscreens as I didn't really bother to find out at that time (installed on my previous car 10 years ago). Vkool Elite's VLT is rather high, 70% VLT if I'm not mistaken as it is meant for the front windscreen. I'm not sure if there are other Vkool tints that are in lower VLT so that the heat rejection (TSER) is higher which can be used for the sides and rear windscreens. The side rear and rear windscreens can go up to 30% VLT so it's pretty dark behind there.

Yes, I too recall a slow response of the autogate remote. It works but you would have to press more than once, and you can't press it too soon before your car reaches the gate. I usually press the remote 2 to 3 houses away and the gate will still open, though it's the Huper Optik tint. As for the access card through the boom gate, it's good that the system is remote and you don't have wind down the windscreen but too bad you need to do so to pass through the boom gate. Our system here is not remote so everyone has to wind down the windscreen and swipe the access card on the sensor pad to go through the boom gate.
stanley984
post May 4 2018, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

really unfortunate to heard about your incident. anyhow, my experience with HO was far more merier & happy i would said. Mine was quote for C40 Front & Back WS, HS40S 6Mil Passenger Windows on my Honda Civic FC 2.2k and it has been almost 2 weeks since applied, has been doing pretty good job against heat rejection & smart tag friendly. Overall, the workmanship was pretty great as i assess them while along the way when putting the film on. I even get additional for the head lamp protection film with the workshop. even there was an small issue at the back of the break light where the most difficult reaching edge of the film pop with bubble, but the branch manager taking the initiative to offer me come to the workshop to fix it immediately without questioning much.
cococonutseller
post May 5 2018, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(stanley984 @ May 4 2018, 03:15 PM)
really unfortunate to heard about your incident. anyhow, my experience with HO was far more merier & happy i would said. Mine was quote for C40 Front & Back WS, HS40S 6Mil Passenger Windows on my Honda Civic FC 2.2k and it has been almost 2 weeks since applied, has been doing pretty good job against heat rejection & smart tag friendly. Overall, the workmanship was pretty great as i assess them while along the way when putting the film on. I even get additional for the head lamp protection film with the workshop. even there was an small issue at the back of the break light where the most difficult reaching edge of the film pop with bubble, but the branch manager taking the initiative to offer me come to the workshop to fix it immediately without questioning much.
Haha bro.. If have time, share with us how dark it is ok? Interested to see more
wyshin88
post May 21 2018, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(vivian1979 @ May 15 2018, 05:53 PM)
Finally i chose 3M, i took the higher grade Crystallize after a comparing few brands in market. Installed mine at kuchai lama branch, very satisfied with the workmanship. Very friendly owner and got quoted good price from the boss also.
May I know what combination of VLT you opted for your 3M Tint?

Can share the Kuchai Lama Branch Manager contact with me? Thanks.
kkkw80
post Jun 17 2018, 04:39 PM

On my way
546 posts

My new beemer is fitted with 3M Crystaline and being using it for 4 days now. Under not sun it performed really well, can't feel the heat at all. For Smart Tag, they cut a neat hole near the back view mirror where it can't being seen so it's working well passing tolls.

This post has been edited by kkkw80: Jun 17 2018, 04:39 PM
afibull91
post Jun 23 2018, 08:14 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(kkkw80 @ Jun 17 2018, 04:39 PM)
My new beemer is fitted with 3M Crystaline and being using it for 4 days now. Under not sun it performed really well, can't feel the heat at all. For Smart Tag, they cut a neat hole near the back view mirror where it can't being seen so it's working well passing tolls.
Hi bro,

Mind to share the 3m spec for winshield, side n rear?
kkkw80
post Jun 23 2018, 12:36 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(afibull91 @ Jun 23 2018, 08:14 AM)
Hi bro,

Mind to share the 3m spec for winshield, side n rear?
Sure seem darker than front, sorry I don't have the specs with me but was assured it's JPJ compliance
malaysiaboleh2020
post Jul 11 2018, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

3M, CRYSTAL 70 - 50 - 40 with safety film 4 windows RM 2350
GOOD PRICE?
popopi
post Jul 25 2018, 04:29 PM

Enthusiast
791 posts

3M Crystaline 90 the remote control and phone GPS can work perfect or not?
I used v-kool the remote control can't even pass, need open windows.. GPS is only passable thru the un tinted top, which is replaced with the dark cheap tint.. just to let GPS pass.. so the GPS is very delay and retarted... always missed a corner.. more worse when raining,,,

Please advice if 3M Crystaline 90 also have this issue???? I am planning to change after near 7 years using... might want change the windscreen and driver side + passenger side only.. for the GPS and remote control.

Cheers. I never heard of this Huper Optic brand in northern malaysia.. hrmm....
kahwei2408
post Jul 26 2018, 02:10 PM

0 posts

i asked quotation form huper optik they quote me 2550 for c70/c40. 3m quote me 2200 for the same. nowadays 3m is cheaper than huper?
jchong
post Jul 26 2018, 04:33 PM

5,833 posts

QUOTE(kahwei2408 @ Jul 26 2018, 02:10 PM)
i asked quotation form huper optik they quote me 2550 for c70/c40. 3m quote me 2200 for the same. nowadays 3m is cheaper than huper?
Hmm... 2550 seems a bit high for that combo of Huper Optik. I think other installers can quote lower.
FuNks
post Jul 26 2018, 08:08 PM

F z N
2,758 posts

QUOTE(popopi @ Jul 25 2018, 04:29 PM)
3M Crystaline 90 the remote control and phone GPS can work perfect or not?
I used v-kool the remote control can't even pass, need open windows.. GPS is only passable thru the un tinted top, which is replaced with the dark cheap tint.. just to let GPS pass.. so the GPS is very delay and retarted... always missed a corner.. more worse when raining,,,

Please advice if 3M Crystaline 90 also have this issue???? I am planning to change after near 7 years using... might want change the windscreen and driver side + passenger side only.. for the GPS and remote control.

Cheers. I never heard of this Huper Optic brand in northern malaysia.. hrmm....
from my experience, VKOOL i will have waze gps issue, i need wind down window to get signals. For 3M crystalline series, will have smart tag issue. can check out Rayno, not bad either too.
whitegoh
post Jul 26 2018, 09:04 PM

Regular
1,145 posts

Never try Huper Optik, but I am very satisfied with 3M.
1.5k for:
Window: scotchshield 50
Back WindScreen: ebony 40
Front Windscreen: crystalline 70
Can't feel the heat much if not at all.

The issue I have is it blocks smart tag.

This post has been edited by whitegoh: Jul 26 2018, 09:28 PM
mushigen
post Jul 26 2018, 09:33 PM

Enthusiast
717 posts

QUOTE(kkkw80 @ Jun 17 2018, 04:39 PM)
So, do you need to hold the smart tag and place it behind the rear view mirror to pass the gantry? Or it can detect normally, as in when you just anyhow leave it on the dashboard or place near the windscreen at driver's side?
kkkw80
post Jul 26 2018, 10:46 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jul 26 2018, 09:33 PM)
So, do you need to hold the smart tag and place it behind the rear view mirror to pass the gantry? Or it can detect normally, as in when you just anyhow leave it on the dashboard or place near the windscreen at driver's side?
Near the rear view mirror, they've cut a section for me to stick my smartag holder and it's working perfectly fine. It looks ok as the cut section is at where the printed dotted antenna is so it's hidden well
mushigen
post Jul 26 2018, 10:52 PM

Enthusiast
717 posts

QUOTE(kkkw80 @ Jul 26 2018, 10:46 PM)
Near the rear view mirror, they've cut a section for me to stick my smartag holder and it's working perfectly fine. It looks ok as the cut section is at where the printed dotted antenna is so it's hidden well
OIC, that means if I'm going for 3M Crystalline, I'd probably have to get them to cut a hole near driver's side sun visor, where I'll hold the smart tag as I near the gantry. I don't like to stick the smart tag reader on the windscreen.
kkkw80
post Jul 27 2018, 07:41 AM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jul 26 2018, 10:52 PM)
OIC, that means if I'm going for 3M Crystalline, I'd probably have to get them to cut a hole near driver's side sun visor, where I'll hold the smart tag as I near the gantry. I don't like to stick the smart tag reader on the windscreen.
Yup. Why not stick it? It's so much more convenient

This post has been edited by kkkw80: Jul 27 2018, 07:41 AM
fun_feng
post Jul 28 2018, 07:13 PM

One Cat to Rule Them ALL
1,990 posts

hi guys, what is the price range for huper optik c70 windscreen/ c40 rest combo on a c segment suv??

i got a shop quote me around 1.9k? reasonable?
jchong
post Jul 29 2018, 12:04 PM

5,833 posts

QUOTE(fun_feng @ Jul 28 2018, 07:13 PM)
hi guys, what is the price range for huper optik c70 windscreen/ c40 rest combo on a c segment suv??

i got a shop quote me around 1.9k? reasonable?
I think 1.9k falls within the acceptable price range. Which Huper Optik dealer quoted you this?

This post has been edited by jchong: Jul 29 2018, 12:05 PM

9 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0988sec    2.13    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 12:45 AM