Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll
9 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tint Suggestion: 3M or Huper Optik, Value for money heat rejection tint

Which tint has better value for money for heat rejection?

3M Crystalline [ 110 ] ** [63.95%]
Huper Optik Ceramic [ 62 ] ** [36.05%]
Total Votes: 172
Guests cannot vote 
views

wyshin88
post Apr 5 2018, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 3 2018, 10:43 AM)
The haze is still there; apparently HO informed me that its the characteristics of C70; plus due to the steep windscreen of my Focus, this further "enhances" the haze effect;
However I learned to ignore it and overtime it doesn't bother me much; it just that there will always be a shade of blue colour on my windshield, as compared to a clear colourless vision of a non-tinted windshield.
My thoughts exactly; Huper Optik has much better value for money as compared to V-kool; plus I'm able to use Smart tag and obtain a GPS lock is a better trade-off than a slight better heat rejection of the V-kool.
The haze effect...could it be due to your wind screen reflection of the top part of your dashboard?
viper1912
post Apr 5 2018, 05:21 PM

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 5 2018, 02:18 PM)
Why is that? You really have good experience with 3M tint ya?
Front windscreen, I started off with Crystalline 70 , 60 now 50.

The rest of window from still Crystalline 60. For my own ride.

If I recommend to my fellow frens will be now either CR40/ CR50 for the rest of the windows front still stick to CR50.

Coz the front, CR50 really comfortable and is not dark at all if you use 3M tint for 50% as compare other brand.

The advantages with 3M is that the clarity of its film even driving during the night, crystal clear!

I have other rides tinted with 3M Color Stable 50 for front, rest Color Stable 35.

Another is Ceramic50 front windscreen, rest 3M HP50, rear color stable 35.

I have tried different combination of 3M film, so far Crystalline still the best for heat rejection, for dark color wise Color Stable, the dark is so beautiful especially use it on rear windscreen.

Hope it helps...
TSRisingTide
post Apr 5 2018, 05:30 PM

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 5 2018, 02:25 PM)
The haze effect...could it be due to your wind screen reflection of the top part of your dashboard?
That is what I suspect at first as well; that the haze could be due to the sunlight reflecting off my dashboard; however I've tried covering my dashboard with a black cloth to reduce the reflection, the haze effect still remains; the HO installer and I concluded it was due to the blue-ish hue of the tint itself, made worst by my car's steep windshield.

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Apr 5 2018, 05:21 PM)

If I recommend to my fellow frens will be now either CR40/ CR50 for the rest of the windows front still stick to CR50.

Coz the front, CR50 really comfortable and is not dark at all if you use 3M tint for 50% as compare other brand.
The advantages with 3M is that the clarity of its film even driving during the night, crystal clear!
I have other rides tinted with 3M Color Stable 50 for front, rest Color Stable 35.

I have tried different combination of 3M film, so far Crystalline still the best for heat rejection, for dark color wise Color Stable, the dark is so beautiful especially use it on rear windscreen.

Hope it helps...
Crystalline 50 at the front doesn't comply to JPJ standard; you might run into trouble during roadblocks; as it is quite easy to visually differentiate between VLT 70% and 50%.
wyshin88
post Apr 5 2018, 06:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Apr 5 2018, 05:21 PM)

Hope it helps...
Did this 3M tint block your Smart Tag signal?

Doesn't 3M Tint come with 3M logo on the tint itself? I find it annoying as it might appear right in front of my wind screen, right?

Have you tried using Vkool Elite? 3M heat rejection can be better than VKool Elite or not?

What is the color of 3M tint? I think VKool Elite is greenish right?

Thanks for sharing.
viper1912
post Apr 6 2018, 10:04 AM

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 5 2018, 05:30 PM)
That is what I suspect at first as well; that the haze could be due to the sunlight reflecting off my dashboard; however I've tried covering my dashboard with a black cloth to reduce the reflection, the haze effect still remains; the HO installer and I concluded it was due to the blue-ish hue of the tint itself, made worst by my car's steep windshield.
Crystalline 50 at the front doesn't comply to JPJ standard; you might run into trouble during roadblocks; as it is quite easy to visually differentiate between VLT 70% and 50%.
u can try CR70 if u hv concern on JPJ. But dun complaint.
viper1912
post Apr 6 2018, 10:07 AM

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 5 2018, 06:24 PM)
Did this 3M tint block your Smart Tag signal?

Doesn't 3M Tint come with 3M logo on the tint itself? I find it annoying as it might appear right in front of my wind screen, right?

Have you tried using Vkool Elite? 3M heat rejection can be better than VKool Elite or not?

What is the color of 3M tint? I think VKool Elite is greenish right?

Thanks for sharing.
1. read my earlier post on smart tag usage.
2. i hv no issue on the little 3M logo across my windscreen, dislike can wipe off with thinner.
3.I m 3M supported nvr try v kool.
4. 3M got so many range which film u r refering to?
jchong
post Apr 10 2018, 05:13 PM

Group: Senior Member

FYI, just another price reference for Huper Optik: 1.9k using Sech 60 FWS and the rest is C40.

This is for a mid-size SUV.

This post has been edited by jchong: Apr 10 2018, 05:26 PM
TSRisingTide
post Apr 10 2018, 07:21 PM

QUOTE(jchong @ Apr 10 2018, 05:13 PM)
FYI, just another price reference for Huper Optik: 1.9k using Sech 60 FWS and the rest is C40.

This is for a mid-size SUV.
Not bad of a price, especially for SUV, and SECH60 has better heat rejection than C70;
Where did you get that price?
jchong
post Apr 10 2018, 09:59 PM

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 10 2018, 07:21 PM)
Not bad of a price, especially for SUV, and SECH60 has better heat rejection than C70;
Where did you get that price?
This price is mentioned by one of the car clubs that I'm a member of. It's a Huper dealer in Puchong.

This post has been edited by jchong: Apr 10 2018, 09:59 PM
Duckies
post Apr 11 2018, 08:49 AM

Rubber Ducky

Eh, anyone can quote me the best pricing for the below products? Do also let me know the location if it's in KL/Selangor ya..

Btw, nobody mentioned about Raytech?

1. 3M Crystalline 70 for front widescreen + 3M Crystalline 50 for side and rear window?
2. HO Sech 60 for front widescreen + HO Ceramic 50 for side and rear window?
3. Vkool Elite for front widescreen + Vkool Windowshield 50 for side and rear window?

This post has been edited by Duckies: Apr 11 2018, 09:38 AM
Jason
post Apr 14 2018, 10:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Duckies @ Apr 11 2018, 08:49 AM)
Eh, anyone can quote me the best pricing for the below products? Do also let me know the location if it's in KL/Selangor ya..

Btw, nobody mentioned about Raytech?

1. 3M Crystalline 70 for front widescreen + 3M Crystalline 50 for side and rear window?
2. HO Sech 60 for front widescreen + HO Ceramic 50 for side and rear window?
3. Vkool Elite for front widescreen + Vkool Windowshield 50 for side and rear window?
I have llumar in my 12 year old car. Puspakom legal. My new car with HO is not legal, SECH60 and their 40 VLT ting all round. Llumar is cooler than HO.

Driving in both car, when the sun shines on my face from the driver side window, I can feel the sting in my face with HO. Never felt any sting with Llumar.

That being said my HO installer was VERY professional. Authorized dealer in Puchong. 5 star for service. My experience with Llumar HQ in Chan Sow Lin was shit (re-tint my FWS cause broken). Their workmanship was shit, attitude was also shit.

I’d probably won’t use HO next round. Maybe try 3M.

This post has been edited by Jason: Apr 14 2018, 10:05 PM
small-jeff
post Apr 14 2018, 10:14 PM

Regular

Just had my 4th car tinted with 3M today

I think on heat resist, 3M CR = VCool. Difference is.. vcool is expensive AF

Llumar.. i think the heat resist is crap. Tried once; expensive and crap (that was bout 5 years ago)

Never tried HO though
wyshin88
post Apr 18 2018, 11:42 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 1 2018, 12:58 AM)
Huper Optik C70 Review:

I just installed HO C70 for my Front wind screen as the old one was removed when I replaced my windscreen. Previously using VKool Elite and all thensode windows are now still using VKool Elite that is already 7 years old. VKool Elite still good and reject heat very well, no discolouration what so ever.

As for HO C70, after 2 days of using and passing 8 toll plazas, initially for the few toll plaza the Smart Tag works, though a bit slowly, but after that it just stopped working under the C70 HO tint, battery life of my Smart Tag still good, so now I have to wind down window and hold up the Smart Tag to make it work. Was really surprised as the reason I opted for HO is for their Ceramic tint which say to work well with Smart Tag, but it’s not the case. Really inconvenient. Even the installer had slight doubt before installing, he told me errrr...HO has upgraded their tint and might not work well with Smart Tag. Too late now.

As for heat rejection, VKool definitely is better and the vision is also clearer compared to HO.

To whoever wanted to install HO C70 for FWS, take note and think twice.
For forumer sake, I need to update on my situation above.

After 1 week of usage on HO C70 tint which failed at Smart Tag lanes 90% of the time (even after changing to new Energizer batteries). I can't take it anymore and I returned to the installer, who is also as puzzled as me how come HO Ceramic Tint main selling point is for its Smart Tag/electronic friendly characteristic compared to metallic based tint such as VKool. To be fair, only Smart Tag signal was blocked, autogate/condo RFID boom gate/ Phone GPS all works fine.

I took out the HO tint after 1 week usage, though my heart ache like mad as the tint was done perfectly with good workmanship and I got use to the color hue, but had to take it out due to the inconveniences of having to wind down my car window every time I pass the toll. I went back to the installer and claim warranty, they took out the tint, and I top up money to install VKool Elite, as I don't want to take any more chances with HO tint anymore.

VKool works fine with Smart Tag now, but autogate/condo RFID signal got blocked. Well, there is no perfect world I guess. Still like the color hue of VKool, greenish, very pleasing to the eyes.
TSRisingTide
post Apr 18 2018, 01:47 PM

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 18 2018, 11:42 AM)

After 1 week of usage on HO C70 tint which failed at Smart Tag lanes 90% of the time (even after changing to new Energizer batteries). I can't take it anymore and I returned to the installer, who is also as puzzled as me how come HO Ceramic Tint main selling point is for its Smart Tag/electronic friendly characteristic compared to metallic based tint such as VKool. To be fair, only Smart Tag signal was blocked, autogate/condo RFID boom gate/ Phone GPS all works fine.

I took out the HO tint after 1 week usage, though my heart ache like mad as the tint was done perfectly with good workmanship and I got use to the color hue, but had to take it out due to the inconveniences of having to wind down my car window every time I pass the toll. I went back to the installer and claim warranty, they took out the tint, and I top up money to install VKool Elite, as I don't want to take any more chances with HO tint anymore.

VKool works fine with Smart Tag now, but autogate/condo RFID signal got blocked. Well, there is no perfect world I guess. Still like the color hue of VKool, greenish, very pleasing to the eyes.
Thanks for the update.
I remember you've mentioned that you've sent your car to HO's HQ for testing, what is the outcome of that test?

As for the Smartag, were you using the old one (which was quite big in size)?
Mine was the slim type Smartag which worked for me.
wyshin88
post Apr 18 2018, 02:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 18 2018, 01:47 PM)
Thanks for the update.
I remember you've mentioned that you've sent your car to HO's HQ for testing, what is the outcome of that test?

As for the Smartag, were you using the old one (which was quite big in size)?
Mine was the slim type Smartag which worked for me.
I did not send my car to HO HQ which was far away from my office/home. But 2 days after I lodged the complaint to Huper Optik via FB private messaging, they responded and also called the installer, instructing the installer to re-install the tint with different roll, that's when I have decided not to take the risk on HO C70 again, and pay the price difference for VKool Elite.

My Smart Tag is the old type (big), I thought the old one has stronger signal? The installer told me the slim type can work, not sure if that's true.

You are using HO C70 as well?

Credit has to be given to Huper Optik HQ and the installer for listening/attending to the customer need/concern/complaints. I am sure HO is a good tint, but unfortunately it didn't work with my old Smart Tag.

This post has been edited by wyshin88: Apr 18 2018, 02:14 PM
amad108
post Apr 18 2018, 02:13 PM

remember the name

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Mar 16 2018, 06:29 PM)
How is your HO tint performance after 3 years?
Car is still cool under our hot malaysian weather?
HO my sis still good after 8 years..
TSRisingTide
post Apr 18 2018, 02:38 PM

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 18 2018, 02:13 PM)
I did not send my car to HO HQ which was far away from my office/home. But 2 days after I lodged the complaint to Huper Optik via FB private messaging, they responded and also called the installer, instructing the installer to re-install the tint with different roll, that's when I have decided not to take the risk on HO C70 again, and pay the price difference for VKool Elite.

My Smart Tag is the old type (big), I thought the old one has stronger signal? The installer told me the slim type can work, not sure if that's true.

You are using HO C70 as well?

Credit has to be given to Huper Optik HQ and the installer for listening/attending to the customer need/concern/complaints. I am sure HO is a good tint, but unfortunately it didn't work with my old Smart Tag.
Yeah, im currently using C70 front;
My smart tag was the slim type which can be used in all toll's i've drove past.
I'm not sure about the signal strength between the old and new though; I believe majority of the HO users here are using the newer slim type.
Anyhow, I can confirm that the slim type can be used with my C70.

How much did you have to top-up for the VKool Elite?
wyshin88
post Apr 18 2018, 03:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 18 2018, 02:38 PM)
Yeah, im currently using C70 front;
My smart tag was the slim type which can be used in all toll's i've drove past.
I'm not sure about the signal strength between the old and new though; I believe majority of the HO users here are using the newer slim type.
Anyhow, I can confirm that the slim type can be used with my C70.

How much did you have to top-up for the VKool Elite?
Thanks for your feedback. I had to top up RM304 for VKool Elite (inclusive of GST).
SportyHandling
post Apr 20 2018, 08:01 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Jason @ Apr 14 2018, 10:04 PM)
I have llumar in my 12 year old car. Puspakom legal. My new car with HO is not legal, SECH60 and their 40 VLT ting all round. Llumar is cooler than HO.

Driving in both car, when the sun shines on my face from the driver side window, I can feel the sting in my face with HO. Never felt any sting with Llumar.

That being said my HO installer was VERY professional. Authorized dealer in Puchong. 5 star for service. My experience with Llumar HQ in Chan Sow Lin was shit (re-tint my FWS cause broken). Their workmanship was shit, attitude was also shit.

I’d probably won’t use HO next round. Maybe try 3M.

Same experience here as well. Same tint Sech60 with front windescreen and C40 with all other windscreens, sides and rear. In my mind the V-kool Elite on my previous car is much cooler than this Huper Optik combination on my current car.

I'll likely not use Huper Optik again if I were getting a new car even though price-wise they are competitive (RM1.5k to 1.6k). Will just need to find alternatives that give better heat rejection that the Sech60/C40 at almost similar VLT. The V-Kool Elite is surely good but the price is close to RM2.5k if not more if i"m not mistaken, which is about RM1k more expensive than the Huper Optik.
SportyHandling
post Apr 20 2018, 08:05 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 18 2018, 11:42 AM)

Sorry to hear about your situation but at least you have made up your mind and proceeded with the action. Good to hear it's all settled now and you can put the case to rest.

Same experience with the greenish hue with Vkool Elite which is more pleasing to the eye when compared to the brownish hue of the Huper Optik Sech60 in my case. I also did not have problems with Smart Tag when on Vkool Elite. My only problem with Vkool Elite is with GPS. Can you try enabling your Drive navigation app on your smartphone and see if it works inside the car? I cannot get a GPS signal inside the car with Vkool Elite previously, 50% of the time. Even though a signal is locked, the navigation on the Drive app will stop working after several minutes as it will give a message "Signal Lost", or "Searching for Signal", something like that.

9 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1133sec    0.72    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 04:55 AM