Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tint Suggestion: 3M or Huper Optik, Value for money heat rejection tint

Which tint has better value for money for heat rejection?

3M Crystalline [ 117 ] ** [64.29%]
Huper Optik Ceramic [ 65 ] ** [35.71%]
Total Votes: 182
Guests cannot vote 
views

NyOx
post Apr 1 2018, 11:19 PM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Mar 16 2018, 07:10 PM)
I've narrowed down my search for tints for my car down to 2 brands;
3M and Huper Optik are my preferred choices; however 3M is roughly 30% more expensive than Huper Optik, and has better heat rejection than Huper Optik; about 6-8% better;

My main preference is towards better heat rejection and lower performance degradation over time;
GPS and Smartag compatible;
JPJ approved;

3M Configuration:
Front Windshield: Crystalline 70
Front Side Door: Crystalline 50
Rear Side Door: Crystalline 50
Rear Windshield: Crystalline 50

Huper Optik Configuration:
Front Windshield: Ceramic 70
Front Side Door: Ceramic 50
Rear Side Door: Ceramic 50
Rear Windshield: Ceramic 50

Which one do you think is more value for money in terms of heat rejection?
Would it be worth it to fork out and go all out for the 3M?
Or Huper Optik would be sufficient enough?

Or.. any sifu here could recommend a different brand with comparable performance and at a much lower price?
i been us HO since 2013. still feel good with this brand. it also high heat rejection. so far no issues with GPS and Smart tag
bamkai
post Apr 2 2018, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

Lebih kurang la performance . I like my 3m tint look. Got some purple effect . 3years ago d segment rm2k . Rmb to tint darker nicer look
wyshin88
post Apr 2 2018, 03:21 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 1 2018, 11:08 PM)
I have mine installed C70 front since last weekend and I haven't face any Smartag issue with mine. And I travel everyday from Klang to Kajang, pass through all sorts of tolls;
I drove like normal as long as the speed is under 25km/h, the toll would be able to capture your Smartag.

I may suspect 2 things,
1. Fake C70 installed. Does the installer provide to you a 5 year warranty certificate/receipt from Huper Optik?
2. Did the installer tint the black dotted areas around your rearview mirror? Normally they have a small cut out on that area to improve the Smartag reception.

How much did you tint your front windscreen?
If it's a fake C70, shouldn't it be much easier to detect Smart Tag? Coz fake tint should have less IRR rejection right?

It comes with a receipt from the installer, not Huper Optik, but I did find the installer shop name in the Huper Optik authorised installer list.

The installer did not tint the black dotted area where the rear view mirror is. I paid RM650 for FWS only (Honda Civic FD).

I have communicated with the installer and Huper Optik HQ:

Installer: The C70 has 92% IRR rejection, chances are my front wind screen also come with certain % of Irr blockage, hence blocking completely the Smart Tag signal. He suggest me to cut a hole in the front wind screen tint, I am still considering.

Huper Optik HQ: Requested me to bring my car to their HQ in Pandan Indah for product verification and run a few test to ensure the tint is genuine. 30 mins drive from my office, I will arrange accordingly.

This post has been edited by wyshin88: Apr 2 2018, 03:21 PM
TSRisingTide
post Apr 2 2018, 04:10 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 2 2018, 03:21 PM)
The installer did not tint the black dotted area where the rear view mirror is. I paid RM650 for FWS only (Honda Civic FD).
For the time being, perhaps you could try aiming your smart tag around the black dotted area while going through Smart tag tolls;
I believe the untinted area would allow the smart tag frequency pass through.

I haven't had any smart tag issue with mine la; probably its a fake too, but the warranty certificate prove otherwise.

Most importantly is to have the 5 year warranty receipt from your installer.

Installer: The C70 has 92% IRR rejection, chances are my front wind screen also come with certain % of Irr blockage, hence blocking completely the Smart Tag signal. He suggest me to cut a hole in the front wind screen tint, I am still considering.

Huper Optik HQ: Requested me to bring my car to their HQ in Pandan Indah for product verification and run a few test to ensure the tint is genuine. 30 mins drive from my office, I will arrange accordingly.
Good luck and all the best, hope everything turns out well for you.
Do update us; would like to hear what HO HQ says about your case.
jchong
post Apr 2 2018, 04:56 PM

5,833 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Mar 26 2018, 10:40 AM)
Thanks for the tip! The haze is quite irritating especially under direct sunlight and at night; as the haze will diffuse and amplifies any incoming light, makes it much glaring compared to non-tinted glass. Fingers crossed that it will go away soon and I won't have to retint it.
How is your haze issue now?
jchong
post Apr 2 2018, 05:02 PM

5,833 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 1 2018, 12:58 AM)
As for HO C70, after 2 days of using and passing 8 toll plazas, initially for the few toll plaza the Smart Tag works, though a bit slowly, but after that it just stopped working under the C70 HO tint, battery life of my Smart Tag still good, so now I have to wind down window and hold up the Smart Tag to make it work.
Strange why your Smart Tag worked initially but then did not.

Anyway, do keep us updated after you have checked with Huper HQ.
SportyHandling
post Apr 3 2018, 07:46 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(NyOx @ Apr 1 2018, 11:19 PM)
i been us HO since 2013. still feel good with this brand. it also high heat rejection. so far no issues with GPS and Smart tag
Which Huper Optik combination are you on? With my vehicle, the Huper Optik tint is just mediocre in terms of heat rejection. Not exactly outstanding. Mine is Sech60 for front windscreen and C40 for all other windscreens (sides and rear). The V-Kool Elite tint on my previous car feels a lot cooler (better heat rejection) than the Huper Optik tint.

There are only two advantages with the Huper Optik tint which is the price (as it's considerably cheaper than V-Kool Elite) and GPS signal friendly. The Huper Optik is about RM1,000+/- cheaper than the V-kool tint. There are no issues with getting a GPS signal inside the car with Huper Optik whereas with the V-Kool Elite, 50% of the time I cannot get a GPS signal inside the car. To me this is the deal-breaker of the V-kool Elite despite its excellent heat rejection properties when compared to other competitors.
NyOx
post Apr 3 2018, 09:25 AM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Apr 3 2018, 08:46 AM)
Which Huper Optik combination are you on? With my vehicle, the Huper Optik tint is just mediocre in terms of heat rejection. Not exactly outstanding. Mine is Sech60 for front windscreen and C40 for all other windscreens (sides and rear). The V-Kool Elite tint on my previous car feels a lot cooler (better heat rejection) than the Huper Optik tint.

There are only two advantages with the Huper Optik tint which is the price (as it's considerably cheaper than V-Kool Elite) and GPS signal friendly. The Huper Optik is about RM1,000+/- cheaper than the V-kool tint. There are no issues with getting a GPS signal inside the car with Huper Optik whereas with the V-Kool Elite, 50% of the time I cannot get a GPS signal inside the car. To me this is the deal-breaker of the V-kool Elite despite its excellent heat rejection properties when compared to other competitors.
same as you. so far i didn't test with other brand. for okla for malaysia weather. not to hot when enter car and cool faster after couple of minutes.
TSRisingTide
post Apr 3 2018, 10:43 AM

43 posts

QUOTE(jchong @ Apr 2 2018, 04:56 PM)
How is your haze issue now?
The haze is still there; apparently HO informed me that its the characteristics of C70; plus due to the steep windscreen of my Focus, this further "enhances" the haze effect;
However I learned to ignore it and overtime it doesn't bother me much; it just that there will always be a shade of blue colour on my windshield, as compared to a clear colourless vision of a non-tinted windshield.

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Apr 3 2018, 07:46 AM)

My thoughts exactly; Huper Optik has much better value for money as compared to V-kool; plus I'm able to use Smart tag and obtain a GPS lock is a better trade-off than a slight better heat rejection of the V-kool.
MeToo
post Apr 3 2018, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,298 posts

Crystaline 70 is not smarttag compliant

What I do is use the 3M security tint (top range) for all windows, use C70 for rear screen, and use something else (vkool) for front windscreen

This post has been edited by MeToo: Apr 3 2018, 10:48 AM
stanley984
post Apr 3 2018, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

Maybe going to drop by to the one of the HO authorized applicator in Puchong (Smart Tints Garage @ One Puchong) to figure negotiate the best price as they literally want to entertain for serious price over FB. If anyone of you wish to ask, probably can forward me along then i will help ask along. (just help out as sharing purpose, not selling ya)
flyingfox18
post Apr 3 2018, 11:32 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Apr 3 2018, 10:46 AM)

What I do is use the 3M security tint (top range) for all windows, use C70 for rear screen, and use something else (vkool) for front windscreen
What v-kool series you used for your front ws? Any issue with GPS signal?
MeToo
post Apr 3 2018, 11:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,298 posts

QUOTE(flyingfox18 @ Apr 3 2018, 11:32 AM)
What v-kool series you used for your front ws? Any issue with GPS signal?
no issue so far

Using vkool elite, the bestest de i think
TSRisingTide
post Apr 4 2018, 04:38 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Apr 3 2018, 10:46 AM)

That would be the ideal case; 3M at the side and HO/V-kool on the front/rear (for Smart tag and GPS compatibility);
However, won't that combination cost a lot more than just tint all side under the same brand? How much did you got for your car?
MeToo
post Apr 4 2018, 04:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,298 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Apr 4 2018, 04:38 PM)
That would be the ideal case; 3M at the side and HO/V-kool on the front/rear (for Smart tag and GPS compatibility);
However, won't that combination cost a lot more than just tint all side under the same brand? How much did you got for your car?
SUV : All top range 3M/security + front top range vkool = RM2300
jchong
post Apr 5 2018, 11:12 AM

5,833 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Apr 4 2018, 04:55 PM)
front top range vkool
For front, what is the top range for vkool? Is it vkool elite?
SZaid
post Apr 5 2018, 11:17 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(jchong @ Apr 5 2018, 11:12 AM)
For front, what is the top range for vkool? Is it vkool elite?
This from VKool product catalog

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
viper1912
post Apr 5 2018, 02:02 PM

42 posts

If it's a fake C70, shouldn't it be much easier to detect Smart Tag? Coz fake tint should have less IRR rejection right?

It comes with a receipt from the installer, not Huper Optik, but I did find the installer shop name in the Huper Optik authorised installer list.

I have communicated with the installer and Huper Optik HQ:

FYI...old smart tag, big butt smart tag is 3M crystalline user friendly.

D newer smart tag (black color) d signal is not so strong for 3M crystalline, certain Smart Tag lane is ok , some is not.

My is the dotted spot on the windscreen was not tinted, I used my black smart tag there!

How do you know you installed genuine 3M crystalline?
1. is the 3M logo at the film itself
2. U put your car under sun, you can your windscreen purpleish.

How the above helps...
viper1912
post Apr 5 2018, 02:03 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(NyOx @ Apr 1 2018, 11:19 PM)
I will fully support 3M Crystalline for the whole car.

Front CR50, rest CR40.
wyshin88
post Apr 5 2018, 02:18 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Apr 5 2018, 02:03 PM)
I will fully support 3M Crystalline for the whole car.

Front CR50, rest CR40.
Why is that? You really have good experience with 3M tint ya?

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0698sec    1.59    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 11:32 AM